www.ClubNHouston.com

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 12:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default www.ClubNHouston.com

I started up a site dedicated to Club enthusiast in the "Houston" area.

This is a pretty much stright forward idea I had awhile back about a message board that has to do with the Club Scene of Houston. Houston has one of the biggest Club scenes there is. So I am confident this "idea" will work.

I am aware of a few other sites dedicated to the club scene here in Houston, some have crappy message boards, others are just "latest news" but there isnt really a good message board for just "Clubbing". thus www.clubnhouston.com was created.

for a direct link to the forums go to: www.clubnhouston.com/forums

Its still a work in progress but I would like to get the ball rolling and get some "club" people on here to sign up. I know how it is to try to get a solid "member base", so it will take time to get the post count up.

If you are interested in hitting up any of the club scene in the Houston area be sure to sign up and check it out.

I have a few more ideas about the site that I will post up shortly on CNH.

Anyway I wanted to tell my friends on here about it, and hopefully some of you sign up and start spreading the word.

If you have any questions feel free to ask on CNH or in here.

Cheers
G
Old 09-26-2005, 04:29 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

great idea Garett, I thought about starting a similar site about 3 years ago, when I had all the club connections and partied non-stop.

Houston definitely needed a good club/bar type site, the ones out there sucked. Here are some ideas to help you out:

Create specific forums for each major bar/club that advertises on the site. Hand out business cards at the club, directing people to the forums. They can use the forums to "hook up" with people they might have met at the club. Get some club regulars to scout bars and take tons of photos to post up on a weekly basis.

Good luck with it! I didn't start it because I didn't have the time to do it
Old 09-26-2005, 04:44 PM
SAI
TECH Apprentice

some nice ideas Tony. I think this is a great site also, I liked the idea of people using it to "hook up", thats a great selling tool. Good luck with it.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
great idea Garett, I thought about starting a similar site about 3 years ago, when I had all the club connections and partied non-stop.

Houston definitely needed a good club/bar type site, the ones out there sucked. Here are some ideas to help you out:

Create specific forums for each major bar/club that advertises on the site. Hand out business cards at the club, directing people to the forums. They can use the forums to "hook up" with people they might have met at the club. Get some club regulars to scout bars and take tons of photos to post up on a weekly basis.

Good luck with it! I didn't start it because I didn't have the time to do it

Thanks Tony

Yeah I have been brainstorming alot of those ideas.

My plan is to get a set group of "Hot" CNH Girls to go out and promote the site.

I am having Black business cards made up as we speak, and a few photographers on hand.

I also wanted this a site for DJ's to get their names out there and to help promote the work they do.

Also I have been working on getting wrest bands made up for CNH members to wear out to the clubs. I think its a safer way to give our your screen name and chat with them on CNH, instead of giving out your phone number etc. When you see a guy/girl with the CNH wrist band you know they are on the site and you can chat with them and you already would have something incommon.

I have so many ideas for this site
Old 09-26-2005, 07:05 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Make sure to include topless stripper bars. Leo could be your insider to those
Old 09-26-2005, 07:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

www.djinzi.com
Old 09-26-2005, 11:23 PM
Launching!

Old 09-26-2005, 11:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ross87t

sweet is that you?
Old 09-27-2005, 12:52 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with it!! I have been in the business for quite some time. I am a Pro DJ / Lighting and Sound engineer / and owner of a production company. I build night clubs and bars during the days and on weekends do the other. I know alot of club owners around town and have been resident DJ in many of Houston's finest. I do though see a few problems with this.

1) Houston has 1 of the worst club scenes in the Nation! ( trust me )

2) Most club owners are extremely cheap and don't want to pay for things that are not necessary. DO NOT EVER LET THEM OWE YOU MONEY!!!

3) The hot clubs are hot whether they advertise or not. Look at Midtown

4) Houston clubs usually last about 2 years and then shut down. Even the hottest ones! Ex- Hush (currently for sale)

5) Vinyl Pimp has been doing this for years!

6) Last but not least- NEVER EVER EVER advertise on the web or tell anyone about free drinks at a bar or club because it is against the law. One of my parties back in the day that I promoted got busted by T.A.B.C. for doing that. It is not fun and very $$$$. The establishment can lose their liquor license permanently!

Not to burst your bubbles because I would love for the club scene to take off and maybe I can advertise on your website. Anyways PM me if you want to discuss some possible avenues for your site. I know alot of people in the biz!

Last edited by ZL1SS; 09-27-2005 at 01:00 AM.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ZL1SS
Good luck with it!! I have been in the business for quite some time. I am a Pro DJ / Lighting and Sound engineer / and owner of a production company. I build night clubs and bars during the days and on weekends do the other. I know alot of club owners around town and have been resident DJ in many of Houston's finest. I do though see a few problems with this.

2) Most club owners are extremely cheap and don't want to pay for things that are not necessary. DO NOT EVER LET THEM OWE YOU MONEY!!!

4) Houston clubs usually last about 2 years and then shut down. Even the hottest ones! Ex- Hush (currently for sale)

6) Last but not least- NEVER EVER EVER advertise on the web or tell anyone about free drinks at a bar or club because it is against the law. One of my parties back in the day that I promoted got busted by T.A.B.C. for doing that. It is not fun and very $$$$. The establishment can lose their liquor license permanently!
After working at Hurricane Hut for a while, I can guarantee you that at least these 3 are true.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

WRD!!!

_Zac
Old 09-27-2005, 02:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
WRD!!!

_Zac
wtf your still there?
Old 09-27-2005, 04:09 AM
al
TECH Enthusiast

I`ve been out of the club sceen for years now. The hot spots were Riches, Power Tools, and...... some others I can`t remember right now, but the bad thing about those clubs was that if you try and pick up a chick you better make sure your picking up a chick. I rember taking my girl to Riches I think on a Thurs and the name of the club in the same location changed to a diffrent name and we left quickly. I knew that Thurs. night was what it was, but I was so drunk and I just met her and I didn`t think about it being Thurs. and I took her there any ways. The club sceen is awsom in Houston and the undergroung clubs are not as good as the strip clubs and bars since I got a bit older. When you leave the strip clubs and bars you don`t have to tell a bum you don`t have money and you don`t have to defend your self from someone over some stupid **** that hapened at the club. G good luck on the new web site and hope it works out well. A clubing web site is a good idea.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Garett O
sweet is that you?
No. It's one of my good friends.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:47 AM
TECH Junkie

LMAO Leo needs to be a ADMIN in the Stripp bars section for sure Hell the Admin of the entire site, that man has been a club junky since day one that I have known him back in '94-'95 Hell I know he has 4-5 years on me in age and still parties Thurs- Sunday.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:04 AM
Launching!

1) Houston has 1 of the worst club scenes in the Nation! ( trust me )

3) The hot clubs are hot whether they advertise or not. Look at Midtown

5) Vinyl Pimp has been doing this for years!

Not to burst your bubbles because I would love for the club scene to take off and maybe I can advertise on your website. Anyways PM me if you want to discuss some possible avenues for your site. I know alot of people in the biz!

I would love to sit down with someone that is that in-depth in the club scene.

I am familar with other sites out there, I know that separation is key. I started HPD about 8 months ago knowing that I would be contending with ls1tech.com, fordpower.net , houston-mustangs.com , houston-imports.com , etc.

8 months later and HPD is on its way to becoming one of the better "local" sites out there.

My whole thought process on some of these ideas is to give a local feel to the city. If your into cars and you live in Houston? Why not stop by HPD, everyone on the board is local, advertisers are local, etc.

Same thought process with the CNH idea. Local feel, local people, local clubs. Provide a great message board for club enthusiast. The Club scene "can" be great in Houston. We have so many young people here, not to mention all the Colleges we have in the surrounding area. Houston can be a young city, I have seen the potential in this idea, and I feel with the right separation this can work.

Promotion:

I have a friend whos mother who works 94.5 the buzz and 104 KRBE that alone would bring in a good amount of traffic. I have "hot" girls setup to help promote the site and hand out business cards at local clubs here in Houston. And I have a few photographers on hand to take pictures at each of these clubs.

I have a few ideas planned for the site to help separate them from others, and make this the "best" club site in houston.

potential is out there, and I feel that if we just shoot in the right direction. It can be successful.

Cheers
G

Last edited by Garett O; 09-27-2005 at 11:21 AM.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:19 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anytime
Old 09-27-2005, 11:22 AM
Launching!

Anytime

I edited the above brotha and shot you a PM

Thanks again
G
Old 09-27-2005, 11:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Welp.... You already know my feelings on this bro
Old 09-27-2005, 12:09 PM
TECH Regular

here's an idea for your new site: Have a section where we can rate the clubs and write short 400 character reviews. Kinda like ratemyprofessor.com I think we all hit up clubs based on word of mouth, so something like this would let us know the real deal with a specific club.

Last edited by thebatman411; 09-27-2005 at 12:15 PM.