GAME 2 Can the 20 Game winner Win this one?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GAME 2 Can the 20 Game winner Win this one?

Hey the way I look at lastnights game. Pettitte doesnt give up that home run, the Astros would have won!! If it wasnt for that one pitch. So I say tonight Roy O is on and keep the pitches down and away and hit his spots, I think the stros could steal this on tonight. Moulder is "hurt" and I am wondering how well he actually is. He has only thrown 4 simulated innings since being hit in the arm they say he is fine, but I got a gut feeling his stuff aint gonna be as good as it usually is! I see it once again

Astros 4-2
Old 10-13-2005, 10:36 AM
Banned

The astros had a runner on third with 1 out twice in Game 1

we lost by 2

that was the big difference for me
Old 10-13-2005, 10:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah those LOB screwed us too. We definately had our chances to win that game. It was not a blow out, and in the end if oyu look back on it we had a better chance at winning that game then that did, we just did not execute. I'm hoping tonight oswalt throws a shutout into the 7th and then wheeler comes in to set up lidge and we leave coming back 1-1
Old 10-13-2005, 10:42 AM
Banned

Honestly i think Wheeler is our best middle reliever, one of the best middle relievers in all of baseball, he put up great stats and came up big a couple of times this year, a vast improvement from last year

i'm not saying he's up there with the Angels' Escobar, but he's damn good

Oswalt to Wheeler to Lidge would work just fine for me

I'm looking for Biggio to produce this game, he's due
Old 10-13-2005, 10:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Biggio and Lane. Lane need to freaking produce down at the bottom of that line up. I almost wanna say Garner should put Burke out in right for Lane. Burke is riding a hot streak. Put him in let him play see what happens, he's produced more offense than lane has lately
Old 10-13-2005, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i heard on the radio this morning Pettitte got hit in the knee with line drive during BP running the bases and that it swelled up pretty good. thats crazy, i've never done that or heard of that before a game, maybe practice but not a game. he said it didn't affect him but not like he would say it did.

i figured we'd loose last night and maybe game 4, Carpenter is the CY Young favorite so i'm ok with dropping that one. Reggie Sanders is swinging a hot stick and might be the one to watch out for right now. Anyone see the Sox & Angels, atleast we didn't get screwed like the angels did. thats the worst way to loose a game.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

NO **** man I cant believe that guy said the ball hit the ground. The ump rung that dude up the catcher tossed the ball out headed to the dugout and the all of a sudden there is a dude on first and a blast into the left corner SOX win WTF if I was the ANgels coach I would have protested the game before the guy got the hit. That was it would have be looked at more by the league! What a shitty way to win
Old 10-13-2005, 11:08 AM
TECH Junkie

The Cardinals just played better ball than we did. They had the good squeeze play, and they were good about getting runners into scoring position with 0 or 1 out.

Hopefully we can play better in Game 2 and get some more offensive production.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 10-13-2005, 12:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bsherrill
Biggio and Lane. Lane need to freaking produce down at the bottom of that line up. I almost wanna say Garner should put Burke out in right for Lane. Burke is riding a hot streak. Put him in let him play see what happens, he's produced more offense than lane has lately
Lane needs to start producing!!!
Old 10-13-2005, 12:36 PM
Banned

Lane missed a ball in the outfield he should have caught last night, but also made a pretty good catch, and has been sucking it up at the plate as of late, he's supposed to be our power at the bottom of the line up and he isn't producing

i couldn't mind seeing Burke making the start in favor of Lane, probably shift Berkman to right field, as he is probably our best actual arm, but in reality, i don't see the astros having too many outfield assists.

having Lamb in the line up is always a plus, it seems as though they traded having Lamb in for having Burke in by moving Lamb to full time first base and letting Berkman take Left

either Lane needs to produce, or we need to make a lineup change
Old 10-13-2005, 12:39 PM
TECH Junkie

"Limp" Lane only seems to produce when it doesn't matter. I can't stand that guy.

I love Biggio, but if he whiffs at one more pitch low and away, I will not be held responsible for my actions.

I didn't get to see much of the game last night, but from what I saw, the ump had a pretty tight strike zone. Andy relies on those outside corner calls and when he doesn't get them, he grooves it and becomes a very hittable pitcher. I can't blame him for this one. STL has a great line-up and Carpenter was lights out most of the night.

Let's see how the rest of their pitchers do.

-Mike
Old 10-13-2005, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hopefully oswalt will keep them all under wraps