pulled over by an asshole cop

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 08:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pulled over by an ******* cop

just an hour or so ago i got pulled over becasue of my inspection sticker, i was cool with that, i've been putting it off for a while so i guess my luck ran out, he also gave me a ticket for no front license plate, that ticked me off a little but i said fine whatever. he comes back to my car and ask me if my windows are tinted, i said yes its factory tint, he ask me to raise my window and i told him, test it it's 27 percent i knew this because some other cop tried giving me a ticket for the same thing, he says, just raise your window, he says ok and then tells me he's given me a ticket for my sticker the plate and, my fu**ing exhaust!! it's an slp that i'm pretty sure is factory. has anyone ever recieved a ticket for something like this? and if so, what do you do to get something like that dismissed? i mean how can he prove that my exhaust is not legal? man this blows, here i was thinking my exhaust wasn't loud enough, but apperantly officer chan thinks its too loud!
Old 01-21-2006, 09:12 AM
Banned

i got a ticket for loud exaust about a year ago had to pay no way to prove it
Old 01-21-2006, 09:56 AM
12 Second Club

damn dude that sucks bad....i wish i could help but i dont know much about legal stuff. **** i guess i should be careful around houston with my setup! Good luck. hope you get it dismissed!

Brent
Old 01-21-2006, 10:01 AM
9 Second Club

go pass your inspection, if you pass inspection, it wil automatically prove that your exaust is in accordance with their regulations. Take your Inspection reciept/certificate to the DA and he will dismiss it............
Old 01-21-2006, 10:55 AM
Mustang Moderator

Originally Posted by Tiago
go pass your inspection, if you pass inspection, it wil automatically prove that your exaust is in accordance with their regulations. Take your Inspection reciept/certificate to the DA and he will dismiss it............
I agree...if you pass your inspection then the DA "should" dismiss it...but he may not....in that case you need to tell him that you want to plead innocent and you want "Trial by jury" - NOT "Trial by judge"! This is important....usually they will not want to bother with it and dismiss it then or you pay some stupid fine like $1! If it does go thru then you can explain to a jury that the car had an SLP exhaust which is CARB legal (I believe) and that it passed inspection...that should take care of it then...

GOOD LUCK!
Old 01-21-2006, 11:04 AM
Launching!

if this is the same chan that roams around the spring/klein area he is a major tool. ive goten 3 tickets from him over the years...no front plates(on my 95Z28)speeding 26 in a 20...and wrekless driveing(wtf?) for speeidng up to 5 over to beat the red light... all while i was in high school, fight the tickets DA's usually wont give you a trial unless its for something major.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:04 AM
12 Second Club

is it a true slp car if it is then on ur door it should have a sticker saying that its been moded by slp to meet requirements to be street legal or u could always do what LS1 KLR said it sounds like it could work
Old 01-21-2006, 11:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

yeah, take it to the judge or jury trial. you'll probably beat it once you get your inspection done and mount a front plate when you go up there. and the next time acop tells you to roll up your windows, tell him they don't work haha. he can't make you fix it on the spot and if he doesn't "see" illegal tint, he can't ticket you for it.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:27 AM
On The Tree

Inspection and front license plate is easy to get dimissed. As far as the exhaust, was it too loud? If so, I bet you can get the sound level measured in some way....maybe a car audio shop? I guess officer Chan thought you should have a fart can out back instead of your exhaust.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

what do yall mean by showing to the DA, evertime i've gone to court with a ticket i either talked to the judge, or my lawer talked to the judge for me. i might just get a lawer, when i totaled my older brother's town car when i was 15 and had no license, i got a lawer for 150 and all chargers were dismissed! then a few years later, a cop caught me red handed when i was burning rubber in my i-roc, a lawer was 100 and it was dismissed! but i'm going to have to pay for the inspection, and then plus the lawer. how much do tickets run for no front license plate and loud exhaust??
Old 01-21-2006, 12:41 PM
Mustang Moderator

There should be a court date on the ticket...that's when you should be able to talk to the DA (Actually the assistant DA)...show him your inspection and stuff...and see if he dismisses everything....if not...tell him you want "Trial by JURY"....you should be given a choice "Trial by judge or by jury" Make sure to request by JURY! The judge usually will f*ck you!

For something trivial like this he will usually dimiss it or make you pay a fine like $1 or something cheap...

Remember it is your right to be judged by your peers....it's in the Constitution! If you put up enough fight usually the DA will not bother with it...

I've done it a bunch! Back in my younger days!
Old 01-21-2006, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

allright thats cool, thanks for all the help. i'll keep yall posted
Old 01-21-2006, 02:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that blows... ive been pulled over many times in my car with cutout... never really got in trouble for it... i just turn it off when they approach.. but gl with it..
Old 01-21-2006, 03:47 PM
12 Second Club

dude get a front license plate and take a picture of it on ur car. And say you just had the car get detailed and you took the front plate off.

Thats how i got mine dismissed.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Where was this? I saw bunch of cops under 59 at Belaire pulling people over. I was in my truck so they didn't bother me.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:13 PM
On The Tree

Default screw cops

I just got pulled over last night because i was going 73 in a 65, what kind of dick head cop does that. I have a cut out, and just like the other dude said, I just turn it off, but then burn off when they let me go. But seriously who get a ticket for going 73 in a 65. Also just take the inspextion paper and you should be good, but dont let them give you no ****!
Old 01-21-2006, 11:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by osvaldo
what do yall mean by showing to the DA, evertime i've gone to court with a ticket i either talked to the judge, or my lawer talked to the judge for me. i might just get a lawer, when i totaled my older brother's town car when i was 15 and had no license, i got a lawer for 150 and all chargers were dismissed! then a few years later, a cop caught me red handed when i was burning rubber in my i-roc, a lawer was 100 and it was dismissed! but i'm going to have to pay for the inspection, and then plus the lawer. how much do tickets run for no front license plate and loud exhaust??
Depending on the citie's laws you shouldn't even have to talk to the DA or assistant DA to get your no front license plate dismissed or the inspection. I belive Irving makes you atleast go to a pretrial hearing in order to have the no front dismissed but that's the only city I know of that does that. The other thing you may need to think about is that a lawyer usually charges per citation so their regular fee for a ticket would be tripled. Just get the 2 easy ones dismissed and get a lawyer for the exhaust ticket.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:46 AM
LS7 Member

What a ******. My car hasn't had a car on it since 1200 miles crossed the odometer. **** dem ******
Old 01-22-2006, 06:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

no this happened just outside of downtown on Navigation. one of my buddies knows a lawyer thru his girlfriend and she said 75 bucks and she'll take care of it. i passed the inspection yesterday after work. it sucks cause it took just about as long as it took for the cop to give me the tickets. cost a hell of a lot cheaper too! i'm sure that cop would have pulled me over regardless cause he was a tool. whatever i think what upsets me more is that i thought my car needed a cut-out cause it wasnt loud enough, whatever i'm getting the cutout this friday. i say we rally up and drive to the court house, let them hear everyone's car, and see everyone driving with out the front plate! they wont know where to start!!
Old 01-22-2006, 11:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by don_huevo
I just got pulled over last night because i was going 73 in a 65, what kind of dick head cop does that. I have a cut out, and just like the other dude said, I just turn it off, but then burn off when they let me go. But seriously who get a ticket for going 73 in a 65. Also just take the inspextion paper and you should be good, but dont let them give you no ****!
yeah no crap, what kind of dick gives a speeding ticket for going over the speed limit.