South Padre Island

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 02:43 PM
PR Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default South Padre Island

Where has everyone stayed at when they went. I am trying to plan a trip for spring break and want to know where the hot spots are. I am looking for a hotel that is centrally located to all the clubs and beach.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Launching!

Radisson Resort, is a good place. Walking distance toward clubs, and it get interesting to say the least on the beach side during Texas week.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:54 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know of the names off hand, but there are several hotels on the beach. Keep in mind though, they'll be high dollar and probably even more so because of spring break. If you're on a budget, you could get something on the other side of the bridge which isn't too far anyway.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:20 PM
11 Second Club

Being on the other side of the bridge is outta the question.......the lines are just horrible on the causeway!!
Old 02-07-2006, 11:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

I agree with Carrot... You don't want to stay on the side of the causeway... Been there and it sucked.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:24 AM
BP
TECH Enthusiast

How is the Travel Lodge there? It's pretty cheap and supposed to be next door to the convention center. I'm planning on entering the Spring Break Jam deal.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:05 AM
12 Second Club

Travel lodge is ok not really walking distance to anything except the convention center. The radisson is the **** during texas week. Yeah causeway sucks ***, was on it for 4 hours last spring break.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:43 AM
TECH Regular

Radisson Resort all the way, ive went and that the best place hands down, if you got the cash
Old 02-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Deech
Where has everyone stayed at when they went. I am trying to plan a trip for spring break and want to know where the hot spots are. I am looking for a hotel that is centrally located to all the clubs and beach.
Saida Towers
Old 02-08-2006, 03:05 PM
PR Director

Just reserved a room in the Holiday Inn SunSpree Resorts, close to the Raddison and not as near as much money. Best price for the location I found.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:09 PM
TECH Junkie

x1232 . do not stay on the other side of the bridge. thats like a different world.. lol.. man i want to down to padre..we used to always go to port a. or padre for sb.. been a yr or 2 since we've went though.. might need to look into it..
fun times for sure though
have a good time man
Old 02-08-2006, 08:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The Radisson is the place to stay... I think the going rate for Spring break is $185 per night...but I think you can put like up to 4 people in each room. I've been to Spring Break in SPI for the past three years.. We've stayed in Harligen (friends parents live there) (FREE Room) and we made 2 trips a day... once in for the daylight hours and then once at night. Outta three years in a row.. the traffic on the bridge was only bad on one night and it was this year... it took over 3 hours to get across... But the traffic on the island was always bad and the police have a barrier up in the middle so you can never pull a u-turn...

My advise.. Stay on the Island and walk to the clubs... the Raddison is a good walk from the clubs, but if you get too drunk to walk back, just jump in the back of a truck and have them drop you off there.

This year ist Cancun, Mexico.... Oasis Cancun Hotel, I've been to Cancun twice before but never on Spring break... I just hope the Damage from the Hurricane is all fixed by then.

Hope this Info has helped.

Christian
Old 02-08-2006, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Saida Towers .. stayed there last year and had a badass time. Going there again this year, and plan on outdoing last year 10 fold
Old 02-09-2006, 08:10 AM
PR Director

Originally Posted by UB2SLO
The Radisson is the place to stay... I think the going rate for Spring break is $185 per night...but I think you can put like up to 4 people in each room. I've been to Spring Break in SPI for the past three years.. We've stayed in Harligen (friends parents live there) (FREE Room) and we made 2 trips a day... once in for the daylight hours and then once at night. Outta three years in a row.. the traffic on the bridge was only bad on one night and it was this year... it took over 3 hours to get across... But the traffic on the island was always bad and the police have a barrier up in the middle so you can never pull a u-turn...

My advise.. Stay on the Island and walk to the clubs... the Raddison is a good walk from the clubs, but if you get too drunk to walk back, just jump in the back of a truck and have them drop you off there.

This year ist Cancun, Mexico.... Oasis Cancun Hotel, I've been to Cancun twice before but never on Spring break... I just hope the Damage from the Hurricane is all fixed by then.

Hope this Info has helped.

Christian
Depending on the week you go, in my case the week of the 13th the raddison is charging $285 a night. We were going to go to Cancun but we heard that it wasn't going to be happening because of the damage from the Hurricane so we just opted for Padre.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Deech
Depending on the week you go, in my case the week of the 13th the raddison is charging $285 a night. We were going to go to Cancun but we heard that it wasn't going to be happening because of the damage from the Hurricane so we just opted for Padre.
Look into Saida Towers, its just down the beach from the Radisson, and about 25 yrds from cocacola beach where all the fun **** happens.

We've got a 3bed/2 bath that sleeps 10 comfortably ... and were bringing 12 people. Final total a peice was $295 when it was all said and done and thats for the entire week! (11-18)

I've used www.pirentals.com to book my condo's the past 2 years