college station help.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 01:57 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default college station help.....

havent been on here in a while. and i'm sure eyes will be rolled in my direction cuz i'm not a huge car buff like most on here. i have to do somethin about the annoying pcv valve problem. i ordered the valve n hose assembly from pontiac, but havent picked it up yet. suggestions on what to do?? ive read a lot about catch cans and breathers and this n that. should i just replace the **** with what i ordered from pointiac or do those other options? and either way.... is it hard to do, and how do i do it? im basically tryin to save some money, yet keep oil from gettin in my ****. help would be greatly appreciated on this matter. i smell burnt oil a lot, almost everytime i drive it it seems, and would like to take care of it before i head out on a road trip on friday if i can. and if by any chacne someone on here that has overcome this problem by any of the above ways, and knows what their doing.. .would like to help me out..... i would imagine being college station, and who we are...... that beer would be a most appreciated form of payment lol. but its whatever. thanks for the help.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:50 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by A&M drty brd
havent been on here in a while. and i'm sure eyes will be rolled in my direction cuz i'm not a huge car buff like most on here. i have to do somethin about the annoying pcv valve problem. i ordered the valve n hose assembly from pontiac, but havent picked it up yet. suggestions on what to do?? ive read a lot about catch cans and breathers and this n that. should i just replace the **** with what i ordered from pointiac or do those other options? and either way.... is it hard to do, and how do i do it? im basically tryin to save some money, yet keep oil from gettin in my ****. help would be greatly appreciated on this matter. i smell burnt oil a lot, almost everytime i drive it it seems, and would like to take care of it before i head out on a road trip on friday if i can. and if by any chacne someone on here that has overcome this problem by any of the above ways, and knows what their doing.. .would like to help me out..... i would imagine being college station, and who we are...... that beer would be a most appreciated form of payment lol. but its whatever. thanks for the help.
I would like to help you on this problem but i still dont understand all that pcv crap myself! I HATE IT! But send a pm to FstBlkz28 (JP) he should be able to help you out! Any more questions just let me know!

Brent
Old 02-09-2006, 09:03 AM
Ginger Hater

Get a catach can, its one of the best things you can do. and its about a 15 minute install. very easy.

if you go to sonic on friday night, there should be a guy names todd there, good guy, and he works for AMW which makes the best one for our cars.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:26 AM
Launching!

can i get a catch can and anything else i need for the install at napa or o'reilly?
Old 02-09-2006, 11:29 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by A&M drty brd
can i get a catch can and anything else i need for the install at napa or o'reilly?
I believe all the hardware is included with the AMW catch can. Or you can make your own.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Launching!

wow, those catch cans are relatively expensive... i dont have that much right now. i may just do the replacement pcv valve n hose assembly from gm parts. its half the price of that amw catch can.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

I use the air/water seperator from an air compressor. Its not the best set up, but it works pretty good to say the amount of money thats in it. If your not doing anything today send me a pm and ill let you stop by and see it. I should be home from class by about 5:45-6.

[Payment accepted in gray goose and orange juice]
Old 02-09-2006, 03:36 PM
TECH Regular

how much are the catch cans??
Old 02-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Teching In

Where is it leaking the oil from on the pcv line?
Old 02-09-2006, 04:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

[Payment accepted in gray goose and orange juice]
I though screw drivers were for women? j/k

I'm a vodka man myself.

Josh

And dirty bird have a look at stangkillers set up. it looks kinda ghetto, but you really can't see it when you have it done, and its pretty cheap.