TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update: Drunk in a bar

I knew this would happen, I didn't think it would happen this quick:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/3773565.html
Old 04-05-2006, 04:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good. glad to see someone is standing up against this BS.

think for yourself, question authority.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:04 PM
Mustang Moderator

I know how to cut down on drunk drivers.

Automatically revoke their license for a year for the first offense, along with a heavy fine, community service, AA meetings, etc etc. No if's, and's, or butt's. Maybe some of them would think a little more about their actions then.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:05 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Every one messes up once or twice and has to much to drink, as long as they dont drive it isnt an issue. Most of the times its the one person in the group that gets ***** to the wall wasted and the rest have to take care of him or her. I can see them using this against some one drunk and mouthing off.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:06 PM
Breakfast Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stang Man

Automatically revoke their license for a year for the first offense, along with a heavy fine, community service, AA meetings, etc etc. No if's, and's, or butt's. Maybe some of them would think a little more about their actions then.
Travis better start saving his money.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:41 PM
12 Second Club

This law is just as bad as Minority report. Let's arrest people before they commit a crime!
Old 04-05-2006, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not suprising, probably be overturned soon. The crackdown was done to prove a point, not to be set in effect forever. Unfortunately, that point will probably be lost amongst all the uproar and thats a shame. Theres only one solution to the problem, too bad it will never happen.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:17 PM
FormerVendor

i dont think you should be ticketed unless you step out of the door stumbling... you have time to sober up in a bar..
Old 04-05-2006, 09:57 PM
TECH Regular

The worst thing about Dallas is no good public transportation. When I lived in LA we could take a cab anywhere get drunk and then take a cab back and cost a few dollars. In Dallas to take a cab back to Denton would be a few hundred bucks.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:45 PM
TECH Resident

I know a better way. Once caught and convicted of a DUI, issue the offender a different license plate for 5 years that lets the whole world know that they are a drunk driver and might be a danger on the road. Not all too different from the sex offender registration if you think about it.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Zoltan
I know a better way. Once caught and convicted of a DUI, issue the offender a different license plate for 5 years that lets the whole world know that they are a drunk driver and might be a danger on the road. Not all too different from the sex offender registration if you think about it.

I guess you've been keeping up with California news. I sure would hate yo have that plate on my car.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

I think its a dumb law. Ive been **** drunk in a bar and had a DD. They shouldnt be able to do anything untill you step out the bar without someone to take you home.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

TABC is BS. I bought 4 cases of beer because I live in a dry county. Its a 30 min drive to get to palestine to buy alcohol so obviously it makes more sense for one person to go and buy more so you dont have to go back all the time.

TABC officer is pulls us over right when were getting into smith county and gives us a bootlegging ticket. He said since myfriend was under 21 he could have given him an MIP for driving too. My friend got the ticket because he was driving and transporting it. Apparently you cant have more than a case per person.

He took over $100 worth of alcohol, called us liars and insulted us and told us I wasnt born yesterday wheres the party Im gonna take you to jail.

Im from wisconsin goin to school down here, its like living in the book 1984 with BS laws like this. I've loved Texas so far but not oppressive laws like this. This was age discrimination no doubt, and there was no party, just stocking up for the long drive and helping out friends.

If you go to the grocercy store, you ask your friends if they need anything it doesnt make any sense to tell them they have to come with.

The ticket was $300 to top it off and it goes on my friends new criminal record. Thanks TABC for enforcing religious zealots through Texas law!
Old 04-06-2006, 06:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the license plate deal is a great idea
Old 04-06-2006, 08:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

texas lawmakers are too stupid to enforce a good idea correctly through the means of law enforcement. they have good intentions, their implementation sucks ***.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:25 AM
TECH Addict

Texas led the nation with fatalities involving a driver with a blood alcohol level above the legal limit of .08 or more with 1,264 in 2004, according to the Mothers Against Drunk Driving Web site.

I like when people throw that kinda stat. out. You cant really compare things on a non-capita basis when you have a state with the landmass Texas has. MADD, isnt that the organization that had a woman president with 2 or 3 DWIs? Really care what they have to say.......... TABC, traffic police, and the IRS, **** them all!

Brandon
Old 04-06-2006, 01:08 PM
Mustang Moderator

Originally Posted by xfactor_pitbulls
Texas led the nation with fatalities involving a driver with a blood alcohol level above the legal limit of .08 or more with 1,264 in 2004, according to the Mothers Against Drunk Driving Web site.

I like when people throw that kinda stat. out. You cant really compare things on a non-capita basis when you have a state with the landmass Texas has. MADD, isnt that the organization that had a woman president with 2 or 3 DWIs? Really care what they have to say.......... TABC, traffic police, and the IRS, **** them all!

Brandon
Ok, we've got more land mass. That means more roads, and less cars per mile of road. Your theory is clouded, come back with something that makes sense. There is no way to justify drinking and driving. If you want to kill yourself, use a gun, less mess.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ok, we've got more land mass. That means more roads, and less cars per mile of road. Your theory is clouded, come back with something that makes sense. There is no way to justify drinking and driving. If you want to kill yourself, use a gun, less mess.
I think he was trying to point out that not evey state has the same legal limit to be declared drunk, and with thoes statistics being in acual numbers instead of something like percentages, its no was to really compare us to other states. There is nothing to justify drunk driving, but if they compare one state to another, eliminate the variables.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:58 PM
TECH Resident

Im all for getting LOADED!!! in a bar or club, AS LONG AS SOMEONE IS A DD! and yes TABC is a bunch of ****, just a bunch of trash people who are given alittle power and let it goto there head
Old 04-06-2006, 02:09 PM
TECH Addict

Actually smart guy, I was pointing out population. Maybe I should have said that specifically. I just figured the readers would pick up on that by common sense. Our legal limits are about the same as other states at this point. Some are higher, but not many.

Brandon