door got whacked... but had a witness!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 12:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thumbs down door got whacked... but had a witness!!

last weekend, when coming out of the NIN concert, i do my usual walkaround of the car, to check for damage. even though i parked in the far back corner of the lot, so that it was only possible for one single car to be parked next to me... they whacked my door, and i think they were leaning on it and spilled beer on it and ****!! luckily I had my camera, and took pics. at this point, i am fuming and decide that i will wait to confront the owner of the car.

as i'm doing my inspection, there was a guy with a SOM Firehawk TA parked across the row. he comes over to talk cars, and i tell him my problem. i want to wait for the ******* to come out , but i also want to get the cops to witness the confrontation to intimidate them into confessing. the Firehawk owner says he'll watch my car while i get the cops incase the people come back. i talk to the cops, they tell me to fly a kite... telling me that they cant do **** unless i witnessed the act, and 'thats what insurance is for'. well i have a $500 deductable, so unless i get a confession, i'm SOL. they agree to come over after they were done with their detail.

when i go back to the car, the SOM firehawk owner says 'those kids just came back and i just saw them whack your door AGAIN!!!' **** yeah, now i have a witness!!!

so i knock on the window, and to cut to the chase, the driver was cool, but his dopey, drugged out little brother was the one that whacked my door 3 times. after explaining to him that i had time stamped photos, a witness, and the cops were on their way, the car owner decided he would cooperate and exchange info with me.

i still have to get the repair quotes and getting a door repainted probably means losing the car for 2 weeks and dealing with the hassle of that, but how often do you get a witness to a crime, especially one that is willing to help you out?!?!!? now that is f-body unity!!

Old 06-11-2006, 01:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's great!! i'm glad you took care of this that night and not finding out the hard way in the morning...
Old 06-11-2006, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

i woulda went to jail that night...lol...glad you had someone to help u out
Old 06-11-2006, 01:24 PM
TECH Resident

that sucks....kinda off subject but are you into realestate? I think I see your car parked in a new houseing development every once in a while off of McCart
Old 06-11-2006, 01:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
last weekend, when coming out of the NIN concert, i do my usual walkaround of the car, to check for damage. even though i parked in the far back corner of the lot, so that it was only possible for one single car to be parked next to me... they whacked my door, and i think they were leaning on it and spilled beer on it and ****!! luckily I had my camera, and took pics. at this point, i am fuming and decide that i will wait to confront the owner of the car.

as i'm doing my inspection, there was a guy with a SOM Firehawk TA parked across the row. he comes over to talk cars, and i tell him my problem. i want to wait for the ******* to come out , but i also want to get the cops to witness the confrontation to intimidate them into confessing. the Firehawk owner says he'll watch my car while i get the cops incase the people come back. i talk to the cops, they tell me to fly a kite... telling me that they cant do **** unless i witnessed the act, and 'thats what insurance is for'. well i have a $500 deductable, so unless i get a confession, i'm SOL. they agree to come over after they were done with their detail.

when i go back to the car, the SOM firehawk owner says 'those kids just came back and i just saw them whack your door AGAIN!!!' **** yeah, now i have a witness!!!

so i knock on the window, and to cut to the chase, the driver was cool, but his dopey, drugged out little brother was the one that whacked my door 3 times. after explaining to him that i had time stamped photos, a witness, and the cops were on their way, the car owner decided he would cooperate and exchange info with me.

i still have to get the repair quotes and getting a door repainted probably means losing the car for 2 weeks and dealing with the hassle of that, but how often do you get a witness to a crime, especially one that is willing to help you out?!?!!? now that is f-body unity!!

your door is already covered in scratches and dings, so why are you getting all bent outta shape?
Old 06-11-2006, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good for you, and the SOM driver. Hope you get everything worked out
Old 06-11-2006, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
i woulda went to jail that night...lol...glad you had someone to help u out
sam here Kudos to you for keeping a cool head!
Old 06-11-2006, 01:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by alexf20c
your door is already covered in scratches and dings, so why are you getting all bent outta shape?
looks like its just dirty to me
Old 06-11-2006, 01:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by alexf20c
thats actually the beer that they spilled all over it. i had just washed the car the day before, so it was pretty spotless before i got to the show.

yes, the car isnt flawless... it's got some swirl marks that need to be fixed up, but that is not a reason to not get upset when someone is inconsiderate and disrespectful to your property.

Originally Posted by BBADWS6
Good for you, and the SOM driver. Hope you get everything worked out
as it turns out, he just bought the car a few days before that day, and he just registered on LS1Tech! he even agreed to give me his name and phone number, just incase the insurance company would like to talk to him about being a witness (should it have to come to that).

its the rare encounters with people like that, which help me keep what minimal faith i have left in humanity. my motto is 'be part of the solution, not the problem'. today's world needs every good person it can get!

Originally Posted by Mexican
that sucks....kinda off subject but are you into realestate? I think I see your car parked in a new houseing development every once in a while off of McCart
no, i'm not into real estate, but yes, that is my car . one of my friends works at that office and i stop by to say hi if i'm in the area and have some time. (i've only visited there like 3 times, i'm suprised you recognized the car).
Old 06-11-2006, 03:57 PM
TECH Regular

man that sucks!!! great to here another f-body owner helped you out.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:45 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
no, i'm not into real estate, but yes, that is my car . one of my friends works at that office and i stop by to say hi if i'm in the area and have some time. (i've only visited there like 3 times, i'm suprised you recognized the car).
I go through there every day...I live right down the street from there.....I saw the car up at the car show at lynn smith and asked joe whos car it was....I noticed it by what was hanging from the mirror
Old 06-12-2006, 02:47 AM
TECH Resident

theres not many firehawks that drive around the area i live in
Old 06-12-2006, 03:14 AM
TECH Pimp

Thats awesome!!! If a F-body owner would have saw that **** happen to my car they would have gave the kids a high five and a dime bag.

J/K I know you guys would do the right thing.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:57 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Should've drove the 3rd gen to the concert, those are meant to be whacked
Old 06-12-2006, 02:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mexican
I go through there every day...I live right down the street from there.....I saw the car up at the car show at lynn smith and asked joe whos car it was....I noticed it by what was hanging from the mirror
yes, the stuff hanging from the mirror lets people know that i have a supplemental insurance policy!

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Should've drove the 3rd gen to the concert, those are meant to be whacked
yes, the plan is to have the 3rd gen as my DD, but due to some complications, I STILL dont have the title for the car yet, so i can't register it.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

That's really not too bad from what I can see in the picture. I had someone bang up against my door and it cracked the outter skin. At least you got some info and a witness.

If you need someone to give the car a detail I know someone that does great work. Let me know if you are interested

Last edited by 01 Red WS6; 06-12-2006 at 07:55 PM.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:16 PM
TECH Addict

Nice sandals.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ell Ess Won
Nice sandals.
thats from me trying to take pics in the garage to get more light. i thought i was standing out of the way enoguh, but i guess not
Old 06-13-2006, 01:41 PM

dude that sux i know the guy your talking about he is my manager, good luck with the car
Old 06-14-2006, 11:39 PM
TECH Addict

update:

i took some 3M swirl mark remover to it, and it seems to have gotten rid of most of it. seems like most of what i thought was missing paint was actually paint from his car. there is still a small mark there, but i'd have to point it out to you for you to notice it.

now i don't know what to do... my past experience with this swirl mark remover tells me that it comes 'undone' after a while. i'm afraid that if i tell the kid that hit me to forget about it, the scratch will constantly resurface and drive me nuts for eternity... i dont want to wait too long to act, should i need to.

if any of the guys that have detailing experience, especially with 3M Swirl Mark Remover want to chime in and give advice, that would be great.