1156/1157 LED bulbs, have some questions.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 07:51 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 1156/1157 LED bulbs, have some questions.

I had some extra time at work today to go look and found some at Autozone. The brand was Jam Strait. Has anyone heard of this brand? Quality?

They didn't have them in amber and they weren't able to order them. Does anyone know where I can get them locally? If not, any chance that any of the many sponsors sell them?

Lastly but most importantly, will they work on my '06 Suzuki GSXR-1000 rear signal lights? My brake light uses LEDs, so I figured there shouldn't be a problem swapping the incandescent for LED. I wana make sure because I did this on my '00 Camaro SS with the front turn signals. They used 194 bulbs, but required me to swap to an electronic flasher for them to work properly. Does my bike have a flasher and if so, will I have to swap it to electric or is it as simple as swapping bulbs?

Thanks.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:27 PM
9 Second Club NA

Anyone?
Old 09-12-2006, 07:52 PM
9 Second Club NA

43 views and no help. I know someone has to know some info on this. I called Jam Strait directly, but the guy who would know was out to lunch and didn't get around to calling me back.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the honest truth as to why no one is responding to this.
Originally Posted by Dragaholic
I had some extra time at work today to go look and found some at Autozone. The brand was Jam Strait. Has anyone heard of this brand? Quality?
I dont know of too many people who are worried about, let alone know the brand of the turn signals/brake lights in their car.

They didn't have them in amber and they weren't able to order them. Does anyone know where I can get them locally? If not, any chance that any of the many sponsors sell them?
Search

Lastly but most importantly, will they work on my '06 Suzuki GSXR-1000 rear signal lights?..........
Does my bike have a flasher and if so, will I have to swap it to electric or is it as simple as swapping bulbs?
This is an LS1 based car forum so not too many people would know the answer, maybe you should hop on a bike forum and find out, or call places that sells bike accesories, theres plenty in houston.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:17 PM
9 Second Club NA

I'm not too worried about the brand either, just asked out of curiosity. As a matter of fact, I think that's the brand that I'm using in my Camaro.

As far as any of the sponsors carrying them, yeah I can search, but have you counted the number of sponsors lately? I figured there were tons of people on here that bought them for the cars, so I could skip the searching and someone could answer for me. Plus, I know that I could buy from one of the 4 or 5 dealers that Jam Strait lists on their site, but I'd rather support out vendors/sponsors.

I know this is a car forum, I thought I'd try my luck though since so many had opinions and suggestions to what bike to purchase. Plus, I know there are several bike owners on here and quite a few in the Texas section.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Heres a sponsor for ya.
http://www.ledgauges.com/
Old 09-12-2006, 08:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dragaholic
As far as any of the sponsors carrying them, yeah I can search, but have you counted the number of sponsors lately?
Yes, a bunch. Even better chances of finding them if you can make a click or two on your brand new computer .

Ryan
Old 09-13-2006, 07:58 PM
9 Second Club NA

Just tried the link and the LED bulb section is currently down. Thanks for the help though.

I checked Afterthoughts Auto where I purchased my bulbs several years ago, but I didn't see them on their site, so I'm not sure if they stop selling them.

Quick Reply: 1156/1157 LED bulbs, have some questions.