South Side Meet Is DEAD

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 03:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default South Side Meet Is DEAD

well, this past friday we had the Sonic meet at pearland parkway & fm 518. There was alot of people there the proble was it was the wrong kind of people.

The parking lot was filled with high school students with **** boxes, and gutter trash with there crap cars. They blared their loud music did burn outs and in every since of the word acted like ASSES!

Due to the actions of these tools the police were called. Everyone was told to leave. Now we have nowhere to meet. I wish we could find a private location, that we could charge a certain kind of person "parking," and make it $20.00. If we could find a way to do that I think we could meet in peace without the tools wrecking it for everyone.

If anyone has any ideas or sugestions post em up so we can have a good south side meet again.

Thomas
Old 09-19-2006, 04:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a shame that the spot got ruined. I never got a chance to head out there and meet any of ya. Ohh, well, hopefully we can come up with somewhere else and keep all the trash away!
Old 09-19-2006, 04:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

If something does come up just pm people and keep it off the boards. It might last longer. We could just reuse all the old spots.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:17 PM
Staging Lane

That **** Happens Everywhere It Seems, There Are High School Kids In Lake Jackson That Do That **** With Plymouth Lasers And ****.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:31 PM
11 Second Club

The people who don't have cool **** ruin it for the people who do. Why can't they have their own car meet. Crap Box & System, and Screen Hanging Car Meet. All that would happen at that meet would be dipshits jamming loud music swanging through the parking lot in their **** boxes. If they hit each other who cares.

They are like having the kid that really sucked at kickball on your team in middle school. That you did not pick, but they were just the last one left so the teacher made you put them on your team.

We don't go wow look there is some shitty cars over there lets check it out... Or look that 85' lack has a screen lets go do burn outs and chill wirth them.

Just my .02

Thomas

PS I think they should all die!
Old 09-19-2006, 04:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brentley
That **** Happens Everywhere It Seems, There Are High School Kids In Lake Jackson That Do That **** With Plymouth Lasers And ****.
Ain't that the truth.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:56 PM
Launching!

Come out to the Frank - N - Steins meet tonight

Should be a new Ford GT out there

Anyway cheers brotha
G
Old 09-19-2006, 06:36 PM
TECH Addict

This kind of stuff happens everywhere, including here in College Station. There is a Ford Festiva that is going to be flipped over next time he comes in the parking lot.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:41 PM
TECH Regular

Got there a little late but couldn't figure out why the cops came; now I know why. If we find a place just PM folks or if we reuse old places rotate them so one week it's Friendswood the next Pearland etc. Just a thought.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

jackasses like that all ove the place, like the guy above said, keep it to PM's, or like you said find a place that will charge more than the idiots can afford
Old 09-19-2006, 07:22 PM
LS7 Member

I remember when I came out and all the garbage got laughe dat and didn't feel welcome in the lot. Good times....
Old 09-19-2006, 10:41 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If I had to pay to go to a car meet I would much rather just go to the track. Where I know there will be racing and no cops, paying money to stand around in a parking lot doesnt have much point.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
If I had to pay to go to a car meet I would much rather just go to the track. Where I know there will be racing and no cops, paying money to stand around in a parking lot doesnt have much point.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:40 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1LSWON
well, this past friday we had the Sonic meet at pearland parkway & fm 518. There was alot of people there the proble was it was the wrong kind of people.

The parking lot was filled with high school students with **** boxes, and gutter trash with there crap cars. They blared their loud music did burn outs and in every since of the word acted like ASSES!

Due to the actions of these tools the police were called. Everyone was told to leave. Now we have nowhere to meet. I wish we could find a private location, that we could charge a certain kind of person "parking," and make it $20.00. If we could find a way to do that I think we could meet in peace without the tools wrecking it for everyone.

If anyone has any ideas or sugestions post em up so we can have a good south side meet again.

Thomas
I was there and I don't think the meet is dead. People just need to know how to work the system. 1.)Don't show up before Lowes closes. 2.)Don't run shopping cart into the curbs or any other destructive acts. 3.)Don't leave your trash in the parking lot there is a sonic 50 ft away with trash cans out side and in plain sight. I could go on such as no burn outs etc... but these have been mentioned a million times. Me and Chuck know ALOT of the Pearland PD and don't think it will be a problem. The high school kids did the damage before most of us arrived. It just so happened that one of there employees was watching the kid do a few of the things and then when the rest of us showed up we were put in the same boat as them etc... So you may be jumping the gun a little Thomas. The few thing that I suggested will work and another thing is we can always park in Sonic and move to the Lowes parking lot as the night progresses or in other words when more people show up etc...
Old 09-20-2006, 10:55 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Inspector12
I was there and I don't think the meet is dead. People just need to know how to work the system. 1.)Don't show up before Lowes closes. 2.)Don't run shopping cart into the curbs or any other destructive acts. 3.)Don't leave your trash in the parking lot there is a sonic 50 ft away with trash cans out side and in plain sight. I could go on such as no burn outs etc... but these have been mentioned a million times. Me and Chuck know ALOT of the Pearland PD and don't think it will be a problem. The high school kids did the damage before most of us arrived. It just so happened that one of there employees was watching the kid do a few of the things and then when the rest of us showed up we were put in the same boat as them etc... So you may be jumping the gun a little Thomas. The few thing that I suggested will work and another thing is we can always park in Sonic and move to the Lowes parking lot as the night progresses or in other words when more people show up etc...
It'd be a good idea to let them know who's "cool" and who's not.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Happens everytime.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:53 AM
TECH Addict

We should all wear nametags they say: cool.

BUT! Change the word up each week so the "others" won't know what it is.

Old 09-20-2006, 12:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Maybe their can be a thread with restrictions, like a password. Well either way, the best will be with PM's and changing the location once in a while. Damn, all it takes is one person to mess it up for everyone.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anyone ever meet up in Kemah, 2094, and 146 . . . kinda far for some, but there's always a nice "good" crowd there.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:02 PM
11 Second Club

I'm going to form a pm list and who ever is on it I will pm the loc. of the new meet. So start posting if you want in on it, or pm me if you know of a really good spot.

Thomas