Props to Texas Sports Fans

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 08:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Props to Texas Sports Fans

I'm from Ohio and have been a Buckeye fan all my life. But I want to salute all of you Texas fans for the tremendous sportsmanship and courtesy demonstrated the last two years during the Texas/OSU football games. It didn't matter where the games were played, you could just sense a lot of respect among the fans from both schools.

I hope they find some way to get these programs together again down the road. The games did nothing but show College Football at its finest.

Old 09-27-2006, 08:26 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No offense to you, and this is not meant to start anything... but I know a few people that went to the game at the Horseshoe... and they said the Ohio fans were less than respectful.

But it has been world class football both times they have played, and no riots have broken out... so that is good.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:27 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

haha, one of my co-workers just graduated from Ohio State, and he even admitted the fans can be rude up there
Old 09-27-2006, 08:42 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
haha, one of my co-workers just graduated from Ohio State, and he even admitted the fans can be rude up there
A lady I know went up there for the UT Ohio State game....the bartender in a local bar "forgot" to return her credit card at the end of the evening, and when she called the bar to have them mail it to her (she offered money to have them do this), they said it would be to much trouble and she would need to call her CC company and have another one issued.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks for the kind words, but when we went to the tOSU last year, the fans treated us like complete ****... i'm speaking of the incidents which happened to myself and fellow hellraisers
Old 09-27-2006, 09:32 AM
TECH Junkie

It is very refreshing to hear someone say good things about UT fans. We have a lot of real asshat fans, especially now that we're winning.

If you ever get a chance to go to a Cornhuskers game in Lincoln, NE, GO! The fans there are amazing. Not only do they cheer for their own team, but they respect good football, and are among the classiest winners I've ever seen.

-Mike
Old 09-27-2006, 01:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
It is very refreshing to hear someone say good things about UT fans. We have a lot of real asshat fans, especially now that we're winning.

If you ever get a chance to go to a Cornhuskers game in Lincoln, NE, GO! The fans there are amazing. Not only do they cheer for their own team, but they respect good football, and are among the classiest winners I've ever seen.

-Mike
That is no lie! Nebraska fans are by far the best fans in the Nation... straight up class acts! I can not wait until we go back there this year!
Old 09-27-2006, 01:23 PM
LS7 Member

Our news paper had an article about how bad the Ohio fans were at last years game...
Old 09-27-2006, 08:58 PM
TECH Regular

I look at it this way,you step into someone else's house,be prepared to get dogged on! Its called home field advantage for a reason. I'm not sayin home fans should be dicks,but be prepared to get a little ****.That bein said,I am a Hawkeye,and Kinnick Stadium is one of the toughest places to play at,but I think Iowa fans are pretty nice,except for when michigan was there 3-4 years ago,and my budddies and I saw a michigan fan missing a sleeve fromn his shirt,and his stocking hat was messed up. He was about 10 rows in front of us and would not sit down. And yeah,the 'shoe has rowdy fans,but thats just the Midwest/Big Ten fans for yah,were nuts,but I like it that way!
Old 09-27-2006, 09:01 PM
TECH Regular

*EDIT* It is nice to get to talk to folks from other schools an shoot the ****,But I expect no love when I sport my Iowa jersey in someone else's house.

SORRY TO HIJACK,Most of you horns fans are good folks,diehards like any other fans
Old 09-27-2006, 10:38 PM
Curveball TECH

Trying wearing astros gear at wrigley...
Old 09-27-2006, 11:24 PM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by TRANSdAMn 2k
Trying wearing astros gear at wrigley...
Miller Park too