Anyone know where I can get a job doing Hot Shot hauling?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 12:36 PM
10-Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone know where I can get a job doing Hot Shot hauling?

Hello, does anyone know where I might go to see if i can do some hot shot hauling with my 1 ton dually on weekends? I could really use some extra income since my living arrangements are about to change. I'm about to have to move out & get my own place since my g/f owns the house we live in. Things aren't working out & I really don't want to sell the Trans Am, and I'm a little upside down on the dually so I can't really get out of it either. If only it were March already I wouldn't have these problems since I get a bonus then & could pay off the balance on the TA....

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I may know a place for you, but the person I need to talk to is on vacation this week.

Next Monday I may have info for you. I'll let you know either way.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:11 PM
10-Second Club

Great, no big rush, I'll be out of town most of the weekend anyhow, leaving work early tomorrow to hit the road. Just hope I don't go nuts since my G/F is going with me out of town. Man, it seems most of my relationships head south right before the holiday season, lol. I think the last 2 or 3 started on the downward spiral about this time of year, each time.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:15 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Marc, good to see you post again (anyways). Relationships that go South during the holidays are good financially though, saves you from having to buy expensive Christmas presents

I remember watching some movie where a guy would dump his gf's right before the holidays and make up with them afterwards. lol
Old 11-21-2006, 03:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Marc, good to see you post again (anyways). Relationships that go South during the holidays are good financially though, saves you from having to buy expensive Christmas presents

I remember watching some movie where a guy would dump his gf's right before the holidays and make up with them afterwards. lol
Old 11-21-2006, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball

My mom said one her highschool boyfriends did that to her
Old 11-21-2006, 03:52 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Hey Marc, I'll call you later on to hit the range tonight, and I'll ask around to the guys that deliver aircraft parts to us to see if they have any leads.

Peace,
Craig.

P.S. - Great to see you post again like Tony said.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Marc

Here's the info I managed to come up with. Sorry it isn't very detailed.

Check with Texas Hotshots - they're on FM529 near 290. The person at my company that deals with them does not know if they take on "owner operators" or not, and did not know if they are currently looking for anyone.

If you don't find their number in the book, let me know and I'll talk to our purchasing department again (they'll have the number there).

Good luck with it!
Old 11-28-2006, 08:16 PM
TECH Regular

Cheetah Transportation (Friendswood - Alvin area) One of the best in town....Ask for Nathan

http://www.cheetahtransportation.net/
Old 11-28-2006, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Check around with various oil companies as well. I knew a couple of guys that had to move oil drilling tools around the southwest hot shot wise. They made pretty good money, but you might need a trailer for it. That stuff is pretty long.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah i haul water, theres allways hotshotting around.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:30 AM
Staging Lane

Hey give me a call, we are always looking for hotshots, depending on what equipment you have, I can tell you if it would be of help or not.

Ill shoot you a pm with our phone number in it.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:18 AM
10-Second Club

Ok, update:
I don't have a trailer yet, and now that I'm thinking about it, I'm not sure where I would store the trailer so I probably need to think about this a bit more. I'll make some calls when I get some free time, busy at my regular job right now, thanks so much for all the replies...I'm thinking I should have gotten into this sooner at least to make some extra income on the weekends & maybe at least get the truck to pay for itself.

Also, any idea of what type of equipment is most common? I used to haul equipment & rebar for a construction company I was a mechanic for years ago...we had a 32' goose neck. I'd rather have a goose neck than a 5th wheel hook up I think.....May have to price some trailers out & see if I can finance them....also need to see if what I'll be making will be enough to cover the added expenses.....and I'm thinking I may need to check into commercial insurance to cover the cargo I haul....if anyone has any tips for like this I'd appreciate them.