Another turbo SS hits the DFW streets!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 10:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Another turbo SS hits the DFW streets!

I live off Lake Lewisville and I'm ready to race !! I frequently travel from the Corinth area south to Lewisville and back...ocasionally around the Southlake/Keller area. Red SS with black vert... Don't be afraid to confront me...you may actually win !!

I'm going in later this week or next to get 2.5psi more added to the car. I still need to wrap the exhaust as that will help with the lag, but overall, the car is very strong when the boost kicks in and it's hella fun to drive!

I look forward to seeing y'all on the streets!
Old 02-26-2007, 10:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pdanrichey
I live off Lake Lewisville and I'm ready to race !! I frequently travel from the Corinth area south to Lewisville and back...ocasionally around the Southlake/Keller area. Red SS with black vert... Don't be afraid to confront me...you may actually win !!

I'm going in later this week or next to get 2.5psi more added to the car. I still need to wrap the exhaust as that will help with the lag, but overall, the car is very strong when the boost kicks in and it's hella fun to drive!

Sounds slow....
Old 02-26-2007, 10:31 PM
TECH Resident

don't worry...it's not. I beat a turbo Civic just the other day
Old 02-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Banned

433rwhp with 5.5psi? thats FUNNY that you spent that much money to get the kind of power a h/c package would deliver.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:11 PM
12 Second Club

my car pushes more than that h/c
Old 02-26-2007, 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

guys its only 5psi, and he doesnt even have heads and cam, im sure with another 2-3 psi he will see 500+, while your at it pick up a meth kit and keep those iats down for osme extra power
Old 02-26-2007, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by skipperbisket
433rwhp with 5.5psi? thats FUNNY that you spent that much money to get the kind of power a h/c package would deliver.
true dat.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:55 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by skipperbisket
did you ask him what kind of gas mileage he gets? and he still has some minor things to do to squeeze some more power out of it
Old 02-27-2007, 01:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
guys its only 5psi, and he doesnt even have heads and cam, im sure with another 2-3 psi he will see 500+, while your at it pick up a meth kit and keep those iats down for osme extra power
couldn't he have got those #'s with nitrous?
Old 02-27-2007, 01:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Omega Doom
couldn't he have got those #'s with nitrous?
sure i guess. but he never has to refill his turbo, and the its so much easier on the drivetrain without the initial hit like nitrous, regardless i was just trying to help the guy out, alot of people are going from nitrous to turbo
Old 02-27-2007, 06:56 AM
TECH Resident

Damn...didn't think I'd get insulted for turboing my car.

I have another 2.5 psi to go and I'll kick the crap out of your H/C packages. I got over 19mpg on the last tank and that was with me in boost a lot!

I didn't want nitrous b/c I didn't want to spend $30 every freaking week or 2 on filling up a bottle. I want power when I want power...not only if my bottle is full.

Changing the valve springs detered me from doing more internal engine work...I don't have the patience for that stuff.

I guarantee my 433hp via a turbo is worth at least 450 on a comparable NA car.

So, why all the hostility?...
Old 02-27-2007, 07:30 AM
10 Second Club

I have another 2.5 psi to go and I'll kick the crap out of your H/C packages. I got over 19mpg on the last tank and that was with me in boost a lot!

I didn't want nitrous b/c I didn't want to spend $30 every freaking week or 2 on filling up a bottle. I want power when I want power...not only if my bottle is full.

Changing the valve springs detered me from doing more internal engine work...I don't have the patience for that stuff.

because you have money to buy a turbo kit and they are stuck filling a 32.00 nitrous bottle every 3 days.......

now take that car back to TRT and get the **** cam and some patriot heads...... be happy when you up the boost and make a bit over 500 at the wheels without worrying if the bottle is full.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I personally loved filling my bottle up every week ($52 for me) and having 550 rwhp on a cam only car. Even though I wasted more purging than actually spraying the car. I personally would of set the motor up for a turbo before actually getting the turbo. I dont think I would be able to stand lowering my horse power after having 550. Not bashing your thread just my opinion. Nice set up by the way.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

No one really cares...Its a STS equipped car.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:51 AM
ino
TECH Enthusiast

Congrats man
Old 02-27-2007, 07:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

You got insulted on the way you turbo'ed your car. had you gone with the better kits out there like OFI and TTi stuff you would get more pats on the back. Its like buying a Hyundai when you could have gotten an Acura for a few more thousand that will be a better product in the long run. Take it to the track and show us those 8 sec 1/8 slips.

Reminds me of the time I was working at the Kennedale and Billy from TRT was just starting into the rear turbo non-sense. He took his 6 speed SOM Formula out there and ran some pretty impressive 8.9's @ 88 mph with NO WHEEL SPIN and the most impressive turbo lag that i've seen since racing Supras on Gran Turismo. It was the **** boy, I Tell ya what!
Old 02-27-2007, 07:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
You got insulted on the way you turbo'ed your car. had you gone with the better kits out there like OFI and TTi stuff you would get more pats on the back. Its like buying a Hyundai when you could have gotten an Acura for a few more thousand that will be a better product in the long run. Take it to the track and show us those 8 sec 1/8 slips.

Reminds me of the time I was working at the Kennedale and Billy from TRT was just starting into the rear turbo non-sense. He took his 6 speed SOM Formula out there and ran some pretty impressive 8.9's @ 88 mph with NO WHEEL SPIN and the most impressive turbo lag that i've seen since racing Supras on Gran Turismo. It was the **** boy, I Tell ya what!
lololololololololololololol
Old 02-27-2007, 08:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Where would you like this guarantee to take place legally? I think we have a car for your huckleberry skills. Kennedale sounds like a good legal way to get your *** waxed by a mild heads/cam car. How about the 9th or the 11th there? I'd take the car this weekend but my work schedule is already booked for this weekend to take off and go play with your turtle.

Its 5 year old heads/cam technology that barely makes 400rwhp.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

i thikn you're getting these responses b/c 450HP aint **** these days. are people supposed to be impressed?

sorry to burst your bubble.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TINKRD
i thikn you're getting these responses b/c 450HP aint **** these days. are people supposed to be impressed?

sorry to burst your bubble.
Spoken from a true warrior.

BTW, welcome to world of High Performance. Hope to see you get out of the 8's soon.