Need tires soon...Anybody work at Discount(NS h-town)???

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 11:08 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need tires soon...Anybody work at Discount(NS h-town)???

I'm in need of two front tires and I was just looking for someone who worked at a tire shop that I can trust to not f--- up my rims and keep from overtorqueing my lug nuts; thus saving me the hassle of taking the wheels to the store seperately. If anyone can help out in this situation, it would be very much appreciated!
Old 07-12-2007, 11:15 AM
TECH Resident

when you go to the shop ask them to have there best guy work on it and if let them no that there are absolutely no scratches or rash on them right now.

if they still screw them up tell the manager and he will replace the scratched wheels for you.

I dont think you have to worry about the lugs getting over torqued
Old 07-12-2007, 12:33 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah I guess, I just hate being the dick that walks in and says, "Hey, don't screw up my wheels!"

And I've heard of a few people getting their lugs put back on with an impact with a little too much torque, and cracking a wheel. I guess I'm just lenient(sp?) because I've never had anyone I don't know put tires on these wheels since I got em'.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TexZ
Yeah I guess, I just hate being the dick that walks in and says, "Hey, don't screw up my wheels!"

And I've heard of a few people getting their lugs put back on with an impact with a little too much torque, and cracking a wheel. I guess I'm just lenient(sp?) because I've never had anyone I don't know put tires on these wheels since I got em'.
they're your wheels and you're the customer...just be cool about it.

Alos make SURE to specify TAPE WEIGHTS.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TexZ

i dont know about other stores but at mine we have "torque sticks" that prevents the torque going passed 80 ft/lbs
Old 07-14-2007, 12:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by nickdotcom
i dont know about other stores but at mine we have "torque sticks" that prevents the torque going passed 80 ft/lbs
Same at ours. And ive never heard of a wheel cracking from being over tq'ed, but they do come off if excesivly tq'ed.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:36 AM
Teching In

^^yep, they'll either fall off or your rotors will get warped...and/or stretch the threads on your studs...but that has to be REALLY tight for that stuff to happen (cept for the rotors)

whenever they work on it...stand outside and watch them like a hawk...they hate that but its how stuff gets done right

trust me
Old 07-14-2007, 09:23 AM
TECH Regular

Well I got em put on yesterday, and I stood outside and watched everything. They used the sticks yall were talking about and a torque wrench at the end. I was a little nervous, but it came out good!