Astros. . . .womp womp womp

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 01:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Astros. . . .womp womp womp

Jennings just allowed 11 runs in the first inning against the padres. . . He wasnt able to finish out the first inning and was pulled out.

I was thinking of taking my pops to the game today, but when i found out that Oswalt had pitched yesterday I decided not too. i would have been pissed to be there today.....
Old 07-29-2007, 01:43 PM
TECH Junkie

So, they traded Wheeler for a 3rd basemen.
Then they released Ensberg, meaning they'll get NOTHING for him. Not even a AA prospect.
And now they're losing 11-0 in the 2nd.

GREAT JOB!

Honestly, I'm glas they're losing today. With their recent mini hot streak, I was afraid Drayton and Tim Poopoorah would get it into their heads that this team has a chance and they could stand pat before the trading deadline.

-Mike
Old 07-29-2007, 03:15 PM
TECH Addict

15-11 in the 5th! This game is nuts
Old 07-29-2007, 08:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
So, they traded Wheeler for a 3rd basemen.
Then they released Ensberg, meaning they'll get NOTHING for him. Not even a AA prospect.
And now they're losing 11-0 in the 2nd.

GREAT JOB!

Honestly, I'm glas they're losing today. With their recent mini hot streak, I was afraid Drayton and Tim Poopoorah would get it into their heads that this team has a chance and they could stand pat before the trading deadline.

-Mike
they tried to make a deal for ensberg but noone wanted to make a deal for him knowing his time was done here.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

'womp womp womp' just about sums that up.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

******* jennings
Old 07-29-2007, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
******* jennings
Definately Purpura's best move ever. I mean, its not like we gave up that much for him....

/sarcasm
Old 07-30-2007, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

I like the Wheeler-Ty trade. I think that settles 3rd base. I'd like to see Loretta and Lamb back next year, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think Jennings thought to himself "Oh, so they want to trade me? 3 teams in 1 year? I'll show them." Now, we'll be lucky to get a bag of peanuts for him.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:47 AM
On The Tree

I really hope there is another trade in the works, because the last thing the Astros need is another utility infielder. I really like Loretta, but if you can get prospects with value for him, you have to make that deal after aquiring Wiggington. Same goes for Lamb, but I'm not as high on him and I don't think there are many teams that want him that badly.
Wiggington can play 1st, 3nd and maybe even 2nd, but I'm not sure about that. I'd like to see them get rid of Loretta and Lamb and try to build something for the future. The minors look meak for the next few years, so unless they plan to go after Torii Hunter in the off-season, this might be the only way to get better.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:28 AM
Banned

There are several teams that are inquiring about loretta and lamb, I think we can get 2-3 good looking prospects for them. Lidge would bring 1 if not 2 super blue chip prospects, but i think I'm ok with the astros keeping him as long as Drayton is prepared to spend a big chunk of money this offseason on pitching.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:44 AM
Teching In

i was at the game and yeah he sucked it up pretty bad but imo garner is a retard. he should have gone out there to stall and talk him down while warming up another pitcher but no he sat back and watched him destroy his stats. he went up like .9 after just that inning
Old 07-30-2007, 12:02 PM
12 Second Club

The team sucks, Pence, Berkman, Lidge, Oswalt, Loretta, and Lee are the only players I wanna see on the team next year, we need to either make an ASSLOAD of trades or take a shot at some young dudes.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
There are several teams that are inquiring about loretta and lamb, I think we can get 2-3 good looking prospects for them. Lidge would bring 1 if not 2 super blue chip prospects, but i think I'm ok with the astros keeping him as long as Drayton is prepared to spend a big chunk of money this offseason on pitching.
With Wheeler gone, I can promise you nobody else will be leaving the bullpen.

Originally Posted by Sprayed1998
The team sucks, Pence, Berkman, Lidge, Oswalt, Loretta, and Lee are the only players I wanna see on the team next year, we need to either make an ASSLOAD of trades or take a shot at some young dudes.
They aren't as bad as the record makes them out to be... I really think they're better than their record indicates. If you had the pitching staff you've had in the past 2 years right now, and you didn't do the Jennings trade... I think they're ahead of the Brewers right now.

You don't make an ASSLOAD of trades to improve your team unless you're selling everyone off for prospects. I don't think the Astros are there yet.

Still hoping for a Lamb or Loretta trade for that Phillies CF prospect, but with them getting that Japanese 2B from the White Sox... doesn't look good.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hawgs
With Wheeler gone, I can promise you nobody else will be leaving the bullpen.

They aren't as bad as the record makes them out to be... I really think they're better than their record indicates. If you had the pitching staff you've had in the past 2 years right now, and you didn't do the Jennings trade... I think they're ahead of the Brewers right now.

You don't make an ASSLOAD of trades to improve your team unless you're selling everyone off for prospects. I don't think the Astros are there yet.

Still hoping for a Lamb or Loretta trade for that Phillies CF prospect, but with them getting that Japanese 2B from the White Sox... doesn't look good.
If the right deal came along I can guarantee you they would part with lidge.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:29 PM
TECH Regular

We need to part with as many people as possible in the bullpen. Starting pitching hasnt been THAT bad this year. Of course O is doing well, and Wandy seems to be doing better than last year. But the bullpen cant seem to get out of 1 inning when they are needed.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
If the right deal came along I can guarantee you they would part with lidge.
right deal? everything in the world is for sale for the right deal.

Lidge won't be traded.

Originally Posted by DSIM
We need to part with as many people as possible in the bullpen. Starting pitching hasnt been THAT bad this year. Of course O is doing well, and Wandy seems to be doing better than last year. But the bullpen cant seem to get out of 1 inning when they are needed.
Starting pitching hasn't been that bad? Yesterday I watched our #2 guy give up 11 runs in the first 2/3 of the 1st inning while looking for win #3 on the season... in damn near AUGUST. Our #3 12 million dollar guy has 12 losses.

The only bright spots in our starting pitching is Oswalt (who isn't having an Oswalt like season), Sampson (2 starts out of 3 are good) and Wandy (who can't pitch on the road) at home.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Jennings, Lamb, Loretta for pitching prospects.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just heard the Padres made a deal for Ensberg, player to be named later. idiots couldn't wait the 10 days or other teams wanted him, interesting.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by white man
Just heard the Padres made a deal for Ensberg, player to be named later. idiots couldn't wait the 10 days or other teams wanted him, interesting.
Yep. Purpura is such a dumbass, it's not even funny. Notice Ensberg is being sent to San Diego? That's where he's from. Purpura was looking out for Margo's best interest and not the team's. Pathetic.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:58 PM
TECH Regular

Anyone else feel that Wigginton is last year's Huff? Sure he has a chance of staying longer but he's another 'decent' hitter. He hits better in the clutch than Huff had at the time we got him and with a bit more power, but it's still another 'ok' hitter

...and hat's the deal with getting them both from TB? Can we not chck out some better contenders?