Has anyone read about this topic? What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 01:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Has anyone read about this topic? What do you think?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...o/5455567.html

I personally think this is BS. I think the min. wage and everybody elses pay should go up if they require all this mula at the pump. The gov. to me is f$*kin us. While this topic may not impact the multi-millionaires it will impact everyone else! Atleast thats my .02!!!!! Bush needs to the Big Chair in the white house.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah we're getting fucked but we're already getting fucked a bunch of diff ways. Take the outrageous cost of healthcare and medications.. I don't really think we have much say so in this particular matter so whatever happens, happens
Old 01-17-2008, 01:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you don't want a tax increase on fuel, Don't vote Democrat!
Old 01-17-2008, 02:30 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
If you don't want a tax increase on fuel, Don't vote Democrat!
LOL... I dont care either way..
But if I can tell right now.. We are above 3 bucks a gallon and democrats only recently took over..

From memory, we are at this point with our dollar falling, economy in shambles, and ridiculous gas prices from republicans..
IMO>
Old 01-17-2008, 02:32 PM
12 Second Club

I think regardless of who you vote, the same BS still happens. Sometimes it just hits us harder than other times. But its the same thing Rep. or Dem. My .02, I think if we would get our troops back over here and quit f-in around in other countries, we would be decent. Its like they are just shoving it where they can. We dont need our people bleeding to death for other fu*$ers from another country!! I dont know if you all heard of Bush trying to trade fuel and oil for the idea and invention of the nuclear bombs? Well guess who will pay for all that gas & oil? We Are! So a couple of years later the idea (which you cant buy no matter how much oil you give out because its in someones head not just misteriously got on paper) will eventually be built again. US needs to stand up for real, we are just getting hustled like never before. I guess those drugs that G. Bush did back in the day actually kicked in now!!
Old 01-17-2008, 02:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by quickblade
LOL... I dont care either way..
But if I can tell right now.. We are above 3 bucks a gallon and democrats only recently took over..

From memory, we are at this point with our dollar falling, economy in shambles, and ridiculous gas prices from republicans..
IMO>
I agree with you. I dont think its a party thing (Dem. or Rep.) this crap is still going to happen, regardless!!
Old 01-17-2008, 03:02 PM
TECH Regular

Not to mention inflation went up 7% last year... largest in quite some time.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

This will not get passed, don't worry about it guys.

It was just a recomendation from the DOT for new roads, bridges, and to fix other "transporation" related issues.

The DOT ever year gets nearly $225 billion a year, instead of throwing more money at a system, why not FIX the system internally and get them to audit themselves to see where the money is going.

Both the Democrats and Republicans know that raising gas prices further by adding a tax is out of the question especially when it comes to the volitility of oil prices to begin with.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:13 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Splitz
This will not get passed, don't worry about it guys.

It was just a recomendation from the DOT for new roads, bridges, and to fix other "transporation" related issues.

The DOT ever year gets nearly $225 billion a year, instead of throwing more money at a system, why not FIX the system internally and get them to audit themselves to see where the money is going.

Both the Democrats and Republicans know that raising gas prices further by adding a tax is out of the question especially when it comes to the volitility of oil prices to begin with.
Sure hope your right, cause I know the cheapest gas that I have seen is 2.99 for reg. I have seen up too 3.09 for reg. thats ridiculous!!
Old 01-17-2008, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by EDALVA21
I think regardless of who you vote, the same BS still happens. Sometimes it just hits us harder than other times. But its the same thing Rep. or Dem. My .02, I think if we would get our troops back over here and quit f-in around in other countries, we would be decent. Its like they are just shoving it where they can. We dont need our people bleeding to death for other fu*$ers from another country!! I dont know if you all heard of Bush trying to trade fuel and oil for the idea and invention of the nuclear bombs? Well guess who will pay for all that gas & oil? We Are! So a couple of years later the idea (which you cant buy no matter how much oil you give out because its in someones head not just misteriously got on paper) will eventually be built again. US needs to stand up for real, we are just getting hustled like never before. I guess those drugs that G. Bush did back in the day actually kicked in now!!
Link to Bush's "oil for nukes" story please.

You are aware that the soldiers in Iraq are volunteers right?
Old 01-17-2008, 03:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

"The commission was formed by Congress in 2005 "
This is after the Democrats took over Congress

You can't really pin higher gas prices and inflation on one party or another since it is happening globally. Something you can link directly to a certain party is tax increases.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Also, I just got back from england. Gas there is 1.01/liter, in sterling.

At the time I cashed my money in, 1 pound sterling = $2.24. So $2.26 per LITER.

$2.26 * 3.78 = $8.54 per gallon.

Moral of the story? Buy a diesel.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 3.4camaro
Also, I just got back from england. Gas there is 1.01/liter, in sterling.

At the time I cashed my money in, 1 pound sterling = $2.24. So $2.26 per LITER.

$2.26 * 3.78 = $8.54 per gallon.

Moral of the story? Buy a diesel.
Wow, you got raped on the exchange rate!

My wife can get £1 for $2.02!

How'd you exchange your money?
Old 01-17-2008, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

At the airport. On the way home, it was down to $1.99. So I got screwed over there, then screwed back at the airport because they rate went down. Lame.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:50 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 3.4camaro
At the airport. On the way home, it was down to $1.99. So I got screwed over there, then screwed back at the airport because they rate went down. Lame.
That sucks big time.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:55 PM
12 Second Club

You are aware that the soldiers in Iraq are volunteers right

I am aware. I wonder what the new president will do or even try to do too fix all of Bush's crap? I really want to see. So who do you all think would be the better president for this f'ed up nation (Gov. wise)? Oh yeah and the moral of the story is "Bring the prices back down"!! Thats my moral, even though a diesel doesnt sound to bad. lol
Old 01-17-2008, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by EDALVA21
You are aware that the soldiers in Iraq are volunteers right

I am aware. I wonder what the new president will do or even try to do too fix all of Bush's crap? I really want to see. So who do you all think would be the better president for this f'ed up nation (Gov. wise)? Oh yeah and the moral of the story is "Bring the prices back down"!! Thats my moral, even though a diesel doesnt sound to bad. lol
You do realize that high oil prices and cost of gasoline is NOTHING that Bush has done in office in the 8 years?

What could he have done?

This is a free enterprise economy. Most of the factors of the price of oil is down to simple supply and demand, then the speculators in the world forced the prices up even higher!

There is NOTHING Bush could have done to prevent this.

and if you want to get real technical, the recession that we are currently in, is really the fault of Clinton. It usually takes 10 years after a president is out out of office to feel the full effects of his/her decisions. Take a look at Carter's bull **** reign when it came to mortgage rates in the early 80's. People blamed Reagan, but it was Carter's BAD decisions that caused those problems.

If you really think Bush could have done something, what do YOU think he could have done that would have made ANY effect?
Old 01-17-2008, 05:31 PM

You do realize that high oil prices and cost of gasoline is NOTHING that Bush has done in office in the 8 years?

What could he have done?

This is a free enterprise economy. Most of the factors of the price of oil is down to simple supply and demand, then the speculators in the world forced the prices up even higher!

There is NOTHING Bush could have done to prevent this.

and if you want to get real technical, the recession that we are currently in, is really the fault of Clinton. It usually takes 10 years after a president is out out of office to feel the full effects of his/her decisions. Take a look at Carter's bull **** reign when it came to mortgage rates in the early 80's. People blamed Reagan, but it was Carter's BAD decisions that caused those problems.

If you really think Bush could have done something, what do YOU think he could have done that would have made ANY effect?
maybe because bush has his hand in all of the oil company's stocks....
Old 01-17-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

(Sarcasm Alert!!!)

Sure it is. He could have nuked China and India to stop their growth and consequent demand on the global energy and metals markets.

Get with the program. Everything is W's fault. The hurricane devastation, the freeze in California, the E. coli in the veggies, global warming, the Cowboys losing, the tainted pet food and all the toys with lead from China.

But let's forget the fact that we paid higher taxes than ever under his predecessor's term.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01NBMT/A
maybe because bush has his hand in all of the oil company's stocks....
Whos stocks???

So how do you attribute the sharp rise in the cost of metals to him??? How about the higher cost of natural gas an other energy related things? How about the higher cost of milk?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a W fan. I just look at things beyond the media rhetoric.