Somebody Stole My Side Mirror Glass?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 07:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Somebody Stole My Side Mirror Glass?

Ok so im driving home from work and im coming up on my exit, I check my mirror, and its not there.... How embarrassing . I work in a bad part of town so Im almost positive that somebody jacked my side mirror glass. I don't think its very likely that it fell off, I don't think that just happens. But anyways, where can I get a new one for cheap? Maybe a junkyard?
Old 06-19-2008, 09:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Same thing happened to me when I left work and noticed it but I am sure mine feel off. It looks to be very hard to take it off or steal. I drove around for 2 weeks without my mirror because I have blue tinted mirrors and had to find the right one. Best bet is eb@y or in the for sale forums. But do not just get the glass, try and get the whole inside assembly with the swivel screws and 4 way attached. Good luck!
Old 06-19-2008, 09:34 AM
Staging Lane

It more than likely got stolen. Mine was stolen from my work. I thought they just took the glass but it turns out they took/broke some of the mechanical stuff back there, so I ended up having to buy a entire side view mirror from Chevrolet. There were a few places around Houston that could replace the mirror but when I took it to one of the shops I called they informed me that the mechanical stuff was broken and they couldn't mount it. You may want to try Hurricane (on 45 south near Almeda mall), I think they may do it or know a place that can.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn I hope none of the gears or mechanical stuff is broken. Ill try ebay and that hurricane place, im not too far from there. Thanks guys.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:02 PM
Launching!

I've got passenger side glass with motor still in housing....lmk if ur interested
Old 06-19-2008, 04:48 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TLUZLS1
Ok so im driving home from work and im coming up on my exit, I check my mirror, and its not there.... How embarrassing . I work in a bad part of town so Im almost positive that somebody jacked my side mirror glass. I don't think its very likely that it fell off, I don't think that just happens. But anyways, where can I get a new one for cheap? Maybe a junkyard?

damn neal you have some bad luck. when you find a new one let me know and i will come by and help you put it on.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

of all things to steal...lol people will steal anything now days, is like people putting 26's on a 400 dollar beater **** just makes no damn sense!!!
Old 06-19-2008, 08:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Those things just pop off. I'm sure someone jacked it
Old 06-19-2008, 10:46 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it used to be cheaper to buy the entire mirror assembly than to buy the individual parts. I know you can slap the outter edge of the mirror housing and the glass will come out. found that out on accident.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

my GF said that in houston its a pretty "popular" thing for people to steal your side mirrors... i guess it makes you a badass if you steal someones mirror
Old 06-19-2008, 11:44 PM
TECH Addict

seems to be a popular trend in south houston and other similair neighborhoods
Old 06-20-2008, 08:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cptncdy
damn neal you have some bad luck. when you find a new one let me know and i will come by and help you put it on.
Yeah no kidding lol. Ill let you know when I get one, hopefully it shouldn't be too difficult to put on. Oh and my tranny got stuck in 4th gear again but Amber at SSI reassured me that its not the tranny, that would be impossible, messed up after 1000 un molested miles? I don't think so. So now I will have to get a new master and a pro 5.0 shifter to fix the problem.... More bad luck for me!

Im with you guys on this, im almost positive it was stolen. Why? Who the hell knows....
But it looks like STS95T/A is gonna hook me up with a replacement so problem solved! I love this forum.
And MEZA TA ill let you know if the current deal falls through.

Quick Reply: Somebody Stole My Side Mirror Glass?