Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Brown Line Metalworks Digital Torque Wrench

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 07:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brown Line Metalworks Digital Torque Wrench

I am looking for some opinions and real world views about the Brown Line Metalworks Digital Torque Wrench. The price with a blown case just seems unreal compared to the other big guys. I want to know if it worth giving this company a try or should I pony up the extra bucks for a matco or snap-on
Old 07-22-2012, 05:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With Matco tools price at $510 before tax I'd say try it. I personally never liked digital torque wrenches just because like any electronics they have glitches and mess up. I know your looking for real world results but the best person to review it is yourself after you give it a try and test it among other torque wrenches.

http://www.matcotools.com/catalog/pr...CH-WITH-ANGLE/

Last edited by Build-it-Break-it; 07-22-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:16 AM
TECH Resident

While I appreciate your input, I was hopping someone actually had one of these and could testify as to it's capabilities. But as you say I suppose I will just throw money at them to see if it works well
Old 07-29-2012, 01:13 AM
Launching!

I have one and use it all the time. I have put together a few motors with it and it is spot on. I like the fact that it gives an audible warning when you get close to the value.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:01 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by btlegacy
I have one and use it all the time. I have put together a few motors with it and it is spot on. I like the fact that it gives an audible warning when you get close to the value.
Awesome input. This is what I was looking for
Old 08-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Launching!

Sure thing. The only thing to remember is to make sure to turn it off when putting it away. I have killed a lot of batteries so far haha
Old 08-02-2012, 07:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thinking about one myself, did you know about the promo code? Put vette in the field and it makes it 99 shipped with the case etc.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:00 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by btlegacy
Sure thing. The only thing to remember is to make sure to turn it off when putting it away. I have killed a lot of batteries so far haha
I have that bad habit as well with electronic tools, I will have to watch myself with it! haha This is also one of the reasons I have a pile of Li-ion rechargeables and a quick charger

Originally Posted by SSInnovations
Thinking about one myself, did you know about the promo code? Put vette in the field and it makes it 99 shipped with the case etc.
Awesome tip about that promo code, I appreciate it. Just placed an order for one and looking forward to giving it a try.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Launching!

I almost forgot about the promo code. Good call. I bought it with the promo as well and it is a great deal
Old 08-11-2012, 09:02 AM
TECH Resident

Got back in town last night from a trip and it was on my doorstep. I haven't gotten to use it yet but I love it's heft. It have the feel of a serious wrench that none of my previous click types had. I am looking forward to giving it a go in my upcoming cam swap
Old 08-17-2012, 10:42 AM
Launching!

That's awesome. If you are torquing multiple bolts make sure that it is resetting or reset it with the button in between bolts. You will see what I mean once you use it for the first time
Old 01-12-2013, 11:04 PM
Teching In

Sorry to bump an old thread. But I'm in the market for a torque wrench and these guys are running a Promo again. Just curious if anyone who bought these wrenches had any input on if these wrenches are worth it or not.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:13 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1994_SS
Sorry to bump an old thread. But I'm in the market for a torque wrench and these guys are running a Promo again. Just curious if anyone who bought these wrenches had any input on if these wrenches are worth it or not.
Where can I find the promo code?
Old 01-14-2013, 02:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Current promo code is LS1Tech

Ordered mine last night
Old 01-16-2013, 10:33 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WS.SIX
Current promo code is LS1Tech

Ordered mine last night
What was the cost using the promo code? I've found it for $99.95 with free shipping.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

99 shipped with the case
Old 01-19-2013, 02:06 PM

I was unsure here, this is $99 with the promo code and free shipping -from whom?
Also, Walamrt is $99 (online):
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Brown-Line...rench/20776734
Old 01-20-2013, 12:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Build-it-Break-it
With Matco tools price at $510 before tax I'd say try it. I personally never liked digital torque wrenches just because like any electronics they have glitches and mess up. I know your looking for real world results but the best person to review it is yourself after you give it a try and test it among other torque wrenches.

http://www.matcotools.com/catalog/pr...CH-WITH-ANGLE/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLeHXVGIimo
OP is asking for more confirmation on what he likes to hear - he either doesn't care or really know the fact, that battery goes on an down hill slope from the moment it gets installed and so is the accuracy of the torque wrench.

----

I do agree with you on quality tools.

I use Snap On exclusively, I don't go cheap out with precision instruments - use where dependable accuracy is required.

---

But to each his own.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:51 PM
TECH Resident

This was a question posed 6 months ago and if you had actually taken the time to read the thread, would have known that the tool was bought and all work completed months ago.

Originally Posted by victorf
OP is asking for more confirmation on what he likes to hear - he either doesn't care or really know the fact, that battery goes on an down hill slope from the moment it gets installed and so is the accuracy of the torque wrench.
Confirming what I want to hear? I specifically asked for opinions as to it's worth from individuals who had actual experience using this tool so I wouldn't waste my own time and money with something that wouldn't make the cut.

Originally Posted by victorf
I do agree with you on quality tools.

I use Snap On exclusively, I don't go cheap out with precision instruments - use where dependable accuracy is required.
High price != quality

Maybe next time you should take the time to fully read a thread to find out the pertinent discussion instead of making a post just to rag on someone and ending up looking like an ***.

Mahalo for the opinions anyway.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Staging Lane

Whether 6 months or 6 years - facts remain. From day one, battery is on an downward spiral - so goes the accuracy.

Some people never take the hint, in this case = either shallow knowledge or youthful exuberance?

By the way, although it was your post, I was agreeing with Poster #2 on quality tools. Maybe someone more wise could benefit by the implications. My stated effect and your perceptions on battery tool just ticked you off.

Back in my past life, Snap On was the only accepted Torque Wrench used to certified torque values in NuPower applications. Even than, it still was mandatory for annual re-certification. Battery or even click type torquing tools were not acceptable.

Couldn't care less if you don't understand Snap On's quality justified its price.

Certainly not my problem if you don't get it - surely it is wasting my time thus far to explain.

By the way, this post is not to solicit an rebuttal -as it is already an impasse.

Aloha.

Quick Reply: Brown Line Metalworks Digital Torque Wrench