Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Which spring compressor.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 08:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which spring compressor.

So this weekend I learned the hard way about compressing valve springs (snapped a rocker bolt flush in the head). Should I get the more tool or the crane? It would seem the crane would have more advantages (2 springs at 1 time, tension on 2 bolts instead of 1). Is there a reason to spend more money for the more tool>? Is there another tool havn't seen in the posts that is better?
Old 04-17-2006, 12:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've never seen the crane tool but I have the more tool and it is alot of money. I've done 3 spring swaps and its worked great every time. A few more swaps and I might have my moneys worth out of it. LOL. I'd say if your going to be useing it often or letting friend's use it then its not a bad investment. Do you have a link to a pic of the crane??
Old 04-17-2006, 05:23 PM
10 Second Club

The Crane tool works awesome, well worth the money. I would buy that one and not look back.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:06 PM
TECH Addict

Just ordered the Crane today while at work. It looks like its will take less time since your doing 2 springs at once. Plus it looks like a very well made tool.
-Joel
Old 04-18-2006, 02:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I just made a post about a cheaper alternative for a spring compressor.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:33 PM
Teching In

Thanks for everyones input. I went with the crane becuase of the 2 springs at one time. It works awsome. You dont even need to really tighten down the bolts on the tool, its designed that well. Now im on to my next hurdle of trying to get my ms3 to idle Thanks again.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Spade
I just made a post about a cheaper alternative for a spring compressor.
Well i think that tool was the problem
Old 04-23-2006, 12:36 AM
TECH Junkie

The CRANE is the best tool made for or engines hands down....Its awesome! Saved me hours....
Old 04-23-2006, 09:49 AM
Launching!

The Tool that Spade made mention is the tool that I make. I love it when people (98 SS Blackattack) are so fast to make a statement that they know nothing about and do not have any facts to go on.

FACTS!!!
I have sold over 300 of these tools and not 1 stud has been reported broken. I have received nothing but 100% positive feedback from tons of people that say the tool worked great without any problems. I did have 1 issue where the buyer and I figured out what happened and it was not the function of the tool.

I offer this tool to fellow board members to help them out with a low cost tool that works flawless and saves them $80 which in my book is a killer savings. Yes it may take you an extra half hour but I can think of alot of better things I can spend $80 on and give an extra half hour of my time for expecially when you only use the tool 1 time.

I did not want to write this but I am getting real tired of people saying stuff that is NOT true about my tool. Yes there are other tools out there that are hand made as well, and those are the tools that are having issues where they use bolts, or that OEM Rocker Bolt. There was alot of time spend in design of this tool to make it sucessful as it is and I take great pride in it as I do not like to sell stuff that is crap. I go out of my way to make sure people get their tools ASAP as I know how it feels when you have to wait for parts to do or finish a project.

Tim

Last edited by 2001 SOM WS6 69 GTO; 04-23-2006 at 12:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Which spring compressor.