User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Front Page

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 06:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Front Page

Well, I haven't been able to access tech for the past ~30 min. I come back to see we have a new front page. I've got to say I'm not a fan of it at all. I've dealt with the "Picture Gallery/Battle" bar up top, but that front page isn't doing it for me. I hope that is just a trial run.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Default Same here...

Originally Posted by GA95DCMSS
Well, I haven't been able to access tech for the past ~30 min. I come back to see we have a new front page. I've got to say I'm not a fan of it at all. I've dealt with the "Picture Gallery/Battle" bar up top, but that front page isn't doing it for me. I hope that is just a trial run.
Not sure what's up.. Red x's at every thread, forum, post...
Old 10-11-2012, 08:43 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't believe it's a trial run. The path to the forums hasn't changed so your access to LS1Tech's forums should remain.

There appears to have been some connectivity issues early this morning, but it's not because the front page was released as that was released yesterday afternoon.

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
Not sure what's up.. Red x's at every thread, forum, post...
Try clearing your browser's cache.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Question Cleared...

Originally Posted by JeremyT
I don't believe it's a trial run. The path to the forums hasn't changed so your access to LS1Tech's forums should remain.

There appears to have been some connectivity issues early this morning, but it's not because the front page was released as that was released yesterday afternoon.

Try clearing your browser's cache.
and rebooted. Issue still there...
Old 10-11-2012, 09:35 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

and rebooted. Issue still there...
I had the same issue yesterday. I had to clear all temporary internet files from my computer to clear it up. I did not have to clear any cookies though.

I've dealt with the "Picture Gallery/Battle" bar up top
Several members (including a couple of us moderators) have asked for a way to "hide/roll-up" this feature like we used to with the old picture galleries. I hope that something is in the works for this, as I too would love to hide this feature.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:53 AM

Clearing the temporary internet files should be the same as clearing the cache. Note that some browsers, such as Internet Explorer, has a "Preserve Favorites website data" option. If that option is checked and LS1Tech is stored as a favorite website, you won't be able to use the Internet Explorer script to delete cache for the site unless you deselect the Preserve Favorites website data option.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up That worked..

Originally Posted by JeremyT
Clearing the temporary internet files should be the same as clearing the cache. Note that some browsers, such as Internet Explorer, has a "Preserve Favorites website data" option. If that option is checked and LS1Tech is stored as a favorite website, you won't be able to use the Internet Explorer script to delete cache for the site unless you deselect the Preserve Favorites website data option.
I'm back in business!
Thanks!
Old 10-11-2012, 11:05 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I dont really like the front page. For years I have been used to clicking the ls1tech logo at the top of the page to go back to the forums menu, now when I click it, it takes me to the front page.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Question ????

Originally Posted by Mr. Trick
Yeah I dont really like the front page. For years I have been used to clicking the ls1tech logo at the top of the page to go back to the forums menu, now when I click it, it takes me to the front page.
I am finding I have to go back to the ft page to change forums. Am I missing something????
Old 10-12-2012, 09:30 PM

There are several ways to navigate the forum and most of them haven't changed.

1) Near the top of the section is what's called a "breadcrumb" navigation bar. You can go back to the subforum listing, back to the forum listing or back to main forum index page. Additionally, clicking on the top blue envelope is the same as pressing the browser's back button. See attachment:

2) Near the bottom right is a forum jump feature to jump to a specific forum as shown in the following attachment:

3) You can use the new navigation bar to select any forum. It's the one near the top that is "Forums".

I am finding I have to go back to the ft page to change forums. Am I missing something????
Attached Thumbnails Front Page-ls1forumnav.jpg   Front Page-ls1forumnav1.jpg  
Old 10-13-2012, 08:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks, Jer!

Quick Reply: Front Page