User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

how do I force use of full site on my phone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 05:55 PM
8 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default how do I force use of full site on my phone?

I have selected full site in the options menu, but every time I log in on my phone, I get the mobile version
I HATE THE MOBILE VERSION.
what can I do?
Old 05-13-2015, 06:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 345 Likes on 237 Posts

When your on the desktop screen where you sign in click the remember me icon and just stay signed in, try that
Old 05-13-2015, 06:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only way to do it is by selecting this button at the bottom.

"View Full Site"

As far as I know, there is no check box for "Never revert back to Mobile Version". One way or another all websites seem to want you to view through Mobile Version. For a multitude of reasons, probably... most revolving around shift4.

Name:  Screenshot_2015-05-13-19-19-43_zps7eoen3n9.png
Views: 72
Size:  183.5 KB
Old 05-13-2015, 07:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 345 Likes on 237 Posts

Of if I click view full site link that Hi-Po is showing then sign in and do what I said in my first post I never get turned to the mobile site, I just stay signed in
Old 05-13-2015, 07:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use Google Chrome on my phone and at the top right in options I click "request desktop site"
Old 05-13-2015, 08:01 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

The option is remembered via browser cookies. Nearly every website uses one or more cookies for storing preferences such as these and other information.

So you must be deleting your browser cookies, manually or automatically, which deletes your preference of not wanting the mobile site.

Originally Posted by 3pedals
I have selected full site in the options menu, but every time I log in on my phone, I get the mobile version
I HATE THE MOBILE VERSION.
what can I do?
Old 05-13-2015, 09:17 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98CayenneT/A
Of if I click view full site link that Hi-Po is showing then sign in and do what I said in my first post I never get turned to the mobile site, I just stay signed in
Thanks, seems to be working
Old 05-14-2015, 07:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by JeremyT
The option is remembered via browser cookies. Nearly every website uses one or more cookies for storing preferences such as these and other information.

So you must be deleting your browser cookies, manually or automatically, which deletes your preference of not wanting the mobile site.
Youve given me this reasoning before, and yet every other forum stays at desktop except this one. Its not on our end bud, I promise that, or at least its not the reason you state. So continuing to state it isnt helping anyone.Not quite sure what else I can say to make it anymore clear.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:11 AM
8 Second Club

What ended up working was selecting desktop view from my phone, then signing out, and signing back in clicking the remember me box.
so far so good
Old 05-14-2015, 06:24 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm not aware of an on-going issue. As the OP and another member confirmed, it does remember the preference.

Like I said, the preference is cookie based. A browser that is set to delete cookies upon exit automatically, or manually deleting cookies, will cause the mobile view to reappear if the cookie is deleted.

Look at your cookies in your browser for the highlighted part as seen in the attachment.

What you see is a cookie,"mobileredirect", with a "false" setting. As you can conclude, that is the cookie and preference that is set when you select the View Desktop version. With that cookie present, the desktop version will be used.

However, upon supplying this information for this post, I noticed the expiration date is only a few days. So it is possible the cookie is expiring, and when it does, the preference will be gone until it's set again.

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Youve given me this reasoning before, and yet every other forum stays at desktop except this one. Its not on our end bud, I promise that, or at least its not the reason you state. So continuing to state it isnt helping anyone.Not quite sure what else I can say to make it anymore clear.

Quick Reply: how do I force use of full site on my phone?