User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

What's Goin' on with the Threads?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 03:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What's Goin' on with the Threads?

Lately, I have noticed that threads have been missing posts or posts aren't coming up when they say they are there.
For example:
I have been watching one thread pretty closely "MS3 vs G5X3" or something of that nature. Some of the posts I have put up were there for a few hours, and then would disappear and I have never seen them again. Also, it says there are new posts in this particular thread today, so I will go in the thread to read it to only find that the last post was about 3 days ago. It's starting to upset me because one of the posts I made was rather large and of importance to me, but no longer there. I am also curious what the new posts are saying. Why can't I read them?

P.S. This isn't only happening in this one thread, but many other ones. It seems it is only happening to threads that I have posted in, or maybe I only notice it in these threads since I am a part of them.

But yeah...What's going on?

Thanks!
-Tyler
Old 10-23-2006, 08:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

A direct link to a thread in question sure would help
Old 10-23-2006, 09:16 PM
TECH Regular

I've noticed a few of my posts disappearing too...made me think if i posted in the right thread and everything but if i go and search for every thread i've posted in they still dont show up.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Black_Bird
I've noticed a few of my posts disappearing too...made me think if i posted in the right thread and everything but if i go and search for every thread i've posted in they still dont show up.

I've rearranged your signature to conform to site requirements - please read the sticky here to familiarize yourself with them.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Brains
A direct link to a thread in question sure would help
Well it isn't just one specific thread. It is really just every thread that I have posted in. It will say that there is a new post, but only to find that there haven't been any new posts in a few days. And I'm still unsure about random posts of mine disappearing. And to add to its randomness, this thread works just fine for me.

But here is one of the threads I was talking about anyway:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/569395-g5x3-vs-ms3.html

To add to that thread, in the "Internal Engine" main page, it says the last post was Yesterday at 1:18 AM whereas it still shows that the last thread was October 21 at 8:05 PM
Old 10-24-2006, 08:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by spazzyfry123
Well it isn't just one specific thread. It is really just every thread that I have posted in. It will say that there is a new post, but only to find that there haven't been any new posts in a few days.

But here is one of the threads I was talking about anyway:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=569395

To add to that thread, in the "Internal Engine" main page, it says the last post was Yesterday at 1:18 AM whereas it still shows that the last thread was October 21 at 8:05 PM
I believe that if thread has a POLL in it, if somebody votes in the poll, even if they don't reply, the thread gets bumped back to the top. That could be what's happening if your threads are polls. Just a thought...
Old 10-25-2006, 07:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

As Tbone pointed out, a thread gets bumped on the list if someone votes in the poll. Also, there are several off-topic replies in that particular thread that were deleted by the mods, which would also cause the thread to not match (since the main page is only updated every so often).
Old 10-25-2006, 06:18 PM
TECH Resident

As Tbone pointed out, a thread gets bumped on the list if someone votes in the poll. Also, there are several off-topic replies in that particular thread that were deleted by the mods, which would also cause the thread to not match (since the main page is only updated every so often).
So how does that explain the several posts of mine disappearing after an hour or so?
Old 10-25-2006, 06:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Give me a link and I'll see...
Old 10-25-2006, 10:26 PM
TECH Resident

Give me a link and I'll see...
Same thread that I provided earlier in this thread...
Old 10-26-2006, 08:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

I've yet to see a link. Edit: whoops, that's cuz I'm a dumbass

Checking now
Old 10-26-2006, 08:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

The only post of yours that is "missing" was deemed off topic by the mod and deleted from the thread (asking why certain cams are ~50 higher). I see every other post you made in the thread.
Old 10-29-2006, 04:47 PM
TECH Resident

The only post of yours that is "missing" was deemed off topic by the mod and deleted from the thread (asking why certain cams are ~50 higher). I see every other post you made in the thread.
Hmm...I was asking why the G5X3 costs $50 more than the MS3 (Both of the cams in question in the thread). So I am uncertain as to why that was found to be off-topic and deleted... But okay, everything makes sense now. After looking into things a little more, it seems that the poll thing is right and that only that post was removed. Thanks bro!

Quick Reply: What's Goin' on with the Threads?