Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 SLT Extended Cab

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 09:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 SLT Extended Cab

Year: 2000
Make: GMC
Model: Sierra 1500
Price: $8900
Mileage: 160000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): NC
Color: Blue
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

This pains me so much to do this, but I really feel I need to. I have one year left of college tuition, and I'd rather use cash than dip into our savings to pay for it. My truck is paid off and I can buy a cheaper car to use for this year and put the rest of the cash toward paying off tuition.

So here it goes:

2000 GMC Sierra Z71 SLT

160k miles

5.3L V8 with the automatic

Camel leather interior, decent shape. Front seats are about as good as you'd expect from a 10 year old truck with GM leather.

Exterior is Indigo Blue metallic, in good shape with the normal wear and tear you'd figure on a truck that has been used as a truck. Some blemishes right at the cab/bed joint where the previous owner had a cheap tonneau cover that rubbed on it.

I changed the oil regularly with Valvoline MaxLife blend and a PureOne filter, truck is dead nuts reliable and I'd venture to say it is the best vehicle I've owned.

It has the 4-wheel disc brakes and power everything, even heated leather seats.

I changed out the grille to an 03 model grille because I liked it better, looks so much better in my opinion.

About 2 years ago a girl hit me in the driver’s bedside, very minor damage, so Southern States repaired the damage and I installed a new chrome bumper in the back. At the time I also replaced the cartoonish 2000 Z71 logos with some nicer looking ones off of an 05 Sierra. I also replaced the hazed taillights with some 2005 Sierra ones as well.

The common steering shaft knock was driving me nuts, so I replaced the shaft with the upgraded one that will not knock, and it works great, no more knocks and quiet.

I also had the fuel pump go bad, so I replaced the fuel pump assembly and went ahead and replaced the fuel filter and fuel pressure regulator at the same time, probably about 10k miles ago.

Has relatively new BFG All-Terrain TAs, probably about 5k miles on them. The wheels are some 2008 Yukon wheels that I put on right after I got it back after the accident.

Engine is stock other than a K&N drop-in filter, everything is stock in the drivetrain.

Stereo is a Kenwood that I just installed, has MP3/WMA and also has a aux in the front along with a USB port so it is iPod compatible. Speakers are all Polk Audio and it sounds fantastic.

I am going to be spraying a bedliner in the next week or so. It had Line-X in it when I bought it, and I sprayed a Scorpion liner over it when I had my business, but the Line-X peeled off taking my liner with it. I removed the Line-X and am going to be redoing a Scorpion liner in it. Right now it looks like crap, but it will look beautiful when I get done with it.

There is also a rust spot in the rocker on the driver’s rear extended cab area. Very common problem with these trucks, I already cut it out and bought replacement metal for it, and I’m going to have it fixed and painted before I sell it. Or I can leave it and we can work on the price of a truck a bit. You can have the replacement panel and deal with it yourself. There is no other rust on the body, this is the only spot.

4wd works great, truck runs fantastic and I WILL shed some tears when this thing leaves. I searched forever to find this exact truck and drove 5 hours one way to buy it, so selling it is going to tear me up, but life goes on and I’m trying to make a good decision for my family right now.

Asking $8900 obo for it, or will trade for a mid 90s Suburban and cash.

My number is 919-906-4688 if you want to call or text me about the truck. Can also send an email to 4birdman98 at gmail dot com.

I'm going to clean it up this weekend and get some pictures.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just got a quote from a good body shop, True2Form, to have the new panel welded in and the paintwork done and all. It would be $800 to get it looking to where it looks like nothing ever happened. I could probably get it done cheaper at Maaco, but it wouldn't be done right and I'm not going to sell my truck half-assed.

So in a couple weeks I am going to have it repaired and the price will be a bit firmer, or I can leave you with the quote form and we can work on the price a bit.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

i wish you was willing to trade for a ss camaro.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

god i knew I sold my truck waay to cheap mine was a '00 Z71 with 130k miles with 17" AR wheels and BFG A/T tires for $6,300 2 summers ago ...Nice truck man free bump and GLWS
Old 02-12-2011, 06:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Holy crap dude, you sold that thing cheap as hell. I got a steal on this thing when I bought it almost three years ago and I paid a hell of a lot more than that! When I was looking, these things were selling for $12k with like 150k miles. At least in my area that's what they were getting.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea i knew i was getting ripped off but thats what i owed the bank(bought the truck for $8k) and i had just bought my Z and couldnt afford both so the truck had to go...I had it priced at 7,500 and everyone thought it was too much. Their good trucks though best vehicle i ever owned was my Z71 i never had any issued except the little annoying squeeky sound from the steering wheel.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

New pictures!

Old 02-13-2011, 06:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Lots of interest and calls. but no one has shown up with cash yet!
Old 02-14-2011, 07:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Oh, it also has:
Heated seats, both powered with driver's memory option
Z82 towing package
Rear disc brakes that were recently redone
Tune up on the engine fairly recently
And it smells good because I just conditioned the leather.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm going to be spraying the new bedliner in it this weekend. Hopefully next week I'm going to be getting it in to the body shop to have rocker repaired.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Bumpity
Old 02-16-2011, 06:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sold!

Quick Reply: 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 SLT Extended Cab