Engine:
LS Engine?:

1999 Camaro SS M6 (D1SC, DanaS60, etc.)

Old 03-18-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
TECH Addict
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 10
Send a message via AIM to SSpdDmon
Default 1999 Camaro SS M6 (D1SC, DanaS60, etc.)

Year: 1999
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $16000
Mileage: 57200
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MI
Color: Black
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

This car is back up for sale. I'm having too much fun with it and it's going to get me in trouble. I've had the car for a while with intentions of fixing some of the things that the previous owner did along with his list of things he was going to fix. Before I get into that, we'll go over all the mods I can list off the top of my head...

Powertrain Mods:
D1SC 8-rib supercharger pushing ~7psi peak
Custom charge piping and front mount intercooler setup (by C.A.R.S.)
Custom tune by yours truly - went 11.5@122 at 3850lbs last year
LS6 intake
LS6 valley pan/PCV upgrade
Dual valve springs
Hardened pushrods
1 7/8 Kooks
Custom ypipe with 2x3" inlet to 1x3.5" outlet flowmaster merge collector (by C.A.R.S.)
Mufflex 3.5" catback with cutout before axle
Custom fuel setup w/ twin pumps in-tank (by C.A.R.S.)
Vac ref'd fuel pressure regulator
60lb injectors
NGK TR6 plugs
Ported TB
!AIR / !EGR / !PCV (vented breather filters installed on both sides)
Remining parts of the engine are stock

Drivetrain:
Twin disc clutch (drives like stock and grips like hell)
New hydraulics with adj master
T56 gone through by D&D - upgraded blocker rings, 3-4 shift fork, etc.
Bullet proof Dana S60 w/ TrueTac and 3.55 gears (backing plates need to be installed to correct ABS light - can do before sale)
18x9.5 C6 Z06 black wheels (not shown in pics below)
New tires up front and a set of OK tires in back (you're going to want drag radials - not the street tires that are on now)

Suspension:
SLP spring/shock combo (IIRC)
LCA's
SFC's
Panhard rod (IIRC)
Sway Bars
Track pack torque arm (IIRC)
Basically, the only thing left to do is the k-member and a-arms

Interior:
Welded Cage
Momo Seats
4-point belts
Boost, fuel pressure, and tach guages
Head unit, amp, sat radio ready, speakers (have paper work for stereo equip)
!back seats & !all OEM seat belts (have in box to go with car)

Known mechanical issues:
Knock sensor system needed replacing - this was done at the end of last year with a new harness, sensors, etc. (by C.A.R.S.)
A/C line had a puncture somewhere - lines were replaced last year and system recharged, still needs investigation (thinking relay or seals)
Rear end was making noise - replaced Moser 12 bolt with Dana S60...problem solved.
**Have a spare PCM to go with - great if you do your own tuning or need remote tuning**

Known cosmetic issues:
The previous owner was backed into in a parking lot by some idiot in a minivan. Bumper cover and passenger fender have a small crack & need replacing. You can see the crack in my 2nd post - the first exterior shot - just behind the headlight. I have new fender & bumper cover that needs prep, paint and install.
Reinstalled OEM yellow corners to fight a leak in the front right clear corner that was installed. Still leaks - was planning to silicone and permanently solve problem.
Rear passenger 1/4 panel has a light scratch/dent from same parking lot incident menitoned above. Not noticeable right away. Can't even see it in pics below. Straighten and paint with other parts & you're good to go.
AutoMeter tach may need service - only reads 1/2 RPMs sometimes.

How I got here...
I bought the car with quite a longer list of issues to address (clutch slipping, running out of fuel pressure @ 5500rpm, etc.). I had CARS do pretty much all of the work. They added the fuel system, clutch, hydraulics, custom intercooler/piping, injectors, full exhaust, drag radials, rear end, pushrods, and valve springs. The previous owner was still running the stock valve train and had a piston kiss a valve on the passenger head. This was discovered with a compression test. Head was removed, valve replaced, and put back together with the better springs. Fixing that and adding better headers netted 2mph and 2tenths in the 1/4. All in all, I've invested well over $7k in parts alone to get this car into much better mechanical shape. The car drives great and it runs like a top. Raced an '08 GXSR 600 earlier last year with an experienced 160lb rider....and he couldn't get in front of the car. Car doesn't see snow and has only seen rain only a handful of times ("ooops" situations). Odometer is around 57K. Lots of OEM parts in the garage, too, if you want 'em, plus a set of slicks the previous owner gave me (28x16x10.5 w/ tubes on stock Z28 rims).

Car sits in 48823 zip code. Looking for $16K OBO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVuWFfJ8J8M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e3OHV9fURs
Please ignore the commentary - we were just having some fun.

The car can be seen at the 1:00 mark here (before the fixes I listed above were done)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amvmSX0NCOQ
1st pass - bogged out of the hole which killed the 60' and the run
2nd pass - made sure I didn't bog and spun the hell out of the slicks

Some pics of the FMIC/piping and under side of the car:
Click the image to open in full size.
The best LS1 tuning software, period. - The preceding statement is solely a matter of opinion as expressed by a non-EFI Live affiliated individual with over half a decade of experience tuning LS1 equipped vehicles. It is in no manner an attempt to discredit, bash, or dishonor the alternative products offered by EFI Live competitors. Individuals interested in purchasing a tuning software package are highly encouraged to form their own damn opinions.

Last edited by SSpdDmon; 07-18-2011 at 12:07 PM..
SSpdDmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:51 PM   #2
TECH Addict
Garage is empty, add now

The best LS1 tuning software, period. - The preceding statement is solely a matter of opinion as expressed by a non-EFI Live affiliated individual with over half a decade of experience tuning LS1 equipped vehicles. It is in no manner an attempt to discredit, bash, or dishonor the alternative products offered by EFI Live competitors. Individuals interested in purchasing a tuning software package are highly encouraged to form their own damn opinions.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
TECH Addict
Garage is empty, add now

OH...and I cleaned up the brakes a little.
Attached Thumbnails
1999 Camaro SS M6 (D1SC, DanaS60, etc.)-rotor1.jpg   1999 Camaro SS M6 (D1SC, DanaS60, etc.)-rotor2.jpg  

Last edited by SSpdDmon; 03-18-2011 at 03:02 PM..
Old 03-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #4
TECH Addict
Garage is empty, add now

Ttt...
Old 03-24-2011, 11:21 PM   #5
TECH Addict
Garage is empty, add now

Don't let the "OBO" scare ya...
Old 04-06-2011, 02:57 PM   #6
TECH Addict
Garage is empty, add now

Not taking trades - but open to offers. Summer's almost here!!
Old 04-07-2011, 12:08 AM   #7
TECH Apprentice
2005 Chevrolet Cobalt
My Garage

Trader Rating: 6

I'd love to come see just to be taken for a ride lol. amazing car!
2005 Cobalt SS S/C ZZP Stage 3 2.9, S3 H/E, 60lb injectors, ZZP 3I CAI, ZZP 2.5 DP w/cat, Phenolic Spacer, Bad Mab Header, B&M STS, ZZP S2 Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel, Plus more 275whp RIP(brake failure)
95 Polo green Z28, SS hood, SLP LM2, SLP Lid conversion, 3:42's, LT's, ORY, A/C Delete. 13.45 @ 102.63 self tuned.
BoostedDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:18 AM   #8
TECH Addict
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedDSM View Post
I'd love to come see just to be taken for a ride lol. amazing car!
Thanks!
Old 04-07-2011, 01:06 PM   #9
On The Tree
1999 Chevrolet Corvette

Trader Rating: 0

Bump for a great looking car.

Dyno#s?

stock heads and cam right?
Old 04-07-2011, 07:47 PM   #10
Teching In
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 2

damn if you still have this thing in a year after i get hoome from iraq i would deffinetely buy it.. im sure you wont though lol free bump for an awesome car!
LSX32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:02 PM   #11
TECH Addict
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by stngh8r View Post
Bump for a great looking car.

Dyno#s?

stock heads and cam right?
Yes - stock heads/cam are on the car. No Dyno #s. The only time I had it on the dyno was right after I bought it. Turned out the belt was slipping, intercooler was leaking, etc. With only 3-4 psi, it put down 436. Now that everything is running right, I expect it to put down high 400's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSX32 View Post
damn if you still have this thing in a year after i get hoome from iraq i would deffinetely buy it.. im sure you wont though lol free bump for an awesome car!
Thanks! Keep your head down over there...
Old 04-08-2011, 11:54 AM   #12
Launching!
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 2

Free bump for a motown guy.

I just put a D1sc @7psi on nearly the same car but an auto and Phil was able to squeeze 496/460 out of it on Jake's automotive rollers. Assume if the tune is on your probably at 500-510 with a 6spd. Very nice car.
ConfusedGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:56 AM   #13
TECH Addict
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusedGarage View Post
Free bump for a motown guy.

I just put a D1sc @7psi on nearly the same car but an auto and Phil was able to squeeze 496/460 out of it on Jake's automotive rollers. Assume if the tune is on your probably at 500-510 with a 6spd. Very nice car.
Thank you kind sir!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:32 PM   #14
TECH Addict
Garage is empty, add now

This car is goin to have a really lonely summer if someone doesn't give it a good home...
Old 04-13-2011, 09:47 PM   #15
11 Second Club
1998 Chevrolet Camaro

Trader Rating: 9

If I can sell my car im all over this!
Cold06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:34 AM   #16
TECH Addict
Garage is empty, add now

I hate rainy weekends. :/
Old 04-22-2011, 08:54 AM   #17
TECH Addict
Garage is empty, add now

Old 04-25-2011, 10:31 PM   #18
TECH Addict
Garage is empty, add now

Old 04-25-2011, 11:27 PM   #19
Teching In
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0

car's for sale again. Free bump. Another MI dude
chado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:57 PM   #20
On The Tree
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 1
Send a message via AIM to sloganish

Trade plus cash with my 2008 r1?
Old 04-25-2011, 11:57 PM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1999, 7psi, 93, 98, axle, blue, camaro, d1sc, front, iroc, ls1, passenger, referee, rotor, side, ss, wrecked