Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2002 Trans Am - Silver - A4 - Modded 14k miles

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 12:54 PM
10-Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrow 2002 Trans Am - Silver - A4 - Modded 14k miles

Year: 2002
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $19000
Mileage: 14100
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TX
Color: Silver
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

2002 Pontiac Trans Am A4 (built automatic)
14,xxx miles (can get an exact reading if desired, but it just turned over to 14,000)
Silver with Black leather interior
T-tops - shades have never been removed

Price with everything: $19,000

Modifications

Performance:
MTI S2 E 5.3L Heads
MTI C2 Cam
MTI Clear Lid
MTI Throttle Body
MTI Tuning
NX EFI 75 shot
NX Bottle Warmer
NX Purge (Comes out the top of the hood in the center)
Jet Hot LTs
Hooker Y-pipe (modded to full 3” neck with flange instead of reduced slip fit)
!AIR Delete

Suspension/Chassis:
BMR LCAs
BMR K-Member
Hawk pads
Powerslot rotors
Hotchkins springs
Spohn adjustable pan hard rod
Spohn strut tower brace
BMR Tubular Sub-Frames (not installed yet)
Stainless Steel Brake Lines

Exterior Modifications:
Genuine WS6 hood (pewter in color)
Fikse FM5's 9.5" fronts & 11" rears.
Drivetrain:
Ross House built 4l60e
Vigilante 3200
Richmond 3.42 'Thick' gears

The time has finally come to part with my Trans Am. I purchased this car new in the Fall of 2002 so I am the only owner of the vehicle. This car has been garage kept and is extremely clean meaning there is not a lot of road grime or other flaws like when vehicles parked in the sun for years. Most of the miles of this car were put on in the first 5 years back when I was going to car meets and car shows or just going on cruises with other car nuts to places like Brazos Bend Park or down to Galveston. I have taken this car to the track a handful of times to see what various modifications netted me. My best run to date is a 10.9 with a 1.5 60' (if memory serves me) on a 100 shot of nitrous. I purchased but never installed the fuel pump so that I could pill the NX system up to a 200 shot, so this car could easily get into the low 10’s or high 9’s with very little work.

The flaws I can point out are that something got kicked up by a vehicle in front of me and it put a minor scuff in the paint on my driver’s side fender and mirror. I have not tried to buff these out yet, as I have been waiting for better weather to spend some time detailing it. There is also some driveway scuffs on the chin, but they are not noticeable unless you are under the car. There is a tiny knick in the paint on the rear bumper cover where the hinge from the garage barely touched it. Without closer inspection, those are all the paint flaws I can remember. On the inside, there is one speaker that is out. The nitrous wiring, should you decide to keep it, could be wired into a control panel, as I was going to have my friend that does electronics make me a nice control box that fit into the ash tray, but I never got around to it.

I have other items that I would like to sell bundled with the car all for one price. These are mods I was going to install but never got around to:
Big brake kit, remote bottle opener, sub frame connectors (and I’ll add more if I can remember if I have any others)

PM me with any questions and I'll answer as soon as possible. I live in Spring TX, which is a suburb just North of Houston if you are interested in seeing the car in person.

NineBall, CRAGER, & ex-SS-ve all know me personally. If you need a reference.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:20 PM

How is the car as a driver? Could it be a daily driver?
Old 01-25-2013, 12:36 PM
10-Second Club

I would use it for a daily driver if it got better fuel economy, but with my commute, it would cost too much. That's why I traded in my RAM Hemi crew cab for a diesel BMW that gets double the fuel economy. For me, this car was never a daily driver, it was always my fun car. I do feel comfortable enough to hop in it and drive across country, but I would put on other tires because even though they are new, I'm not a fan of driving in the rain with drag radials since you could get caught in some showers. Depending on where you live, you would probably benefit from a retune. I'm not sure if it self adjusts for different altitudes or not.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

is the hood the wrong color , from those small pics id doesnt match , could you most more pictures of the car and also the engine bay .
Old 01-25-2013, 01:00 PM
10-Second Club

[QUOTE=Modsquad;17087462]Exterior Modifications:
Genuine WS6 hood (pewter in color)
QUOTE]

Yes, the hood is a factory WS6 hood off a pewter TA.

I am going to try to take some more photos and a video this weekend if the weather is acceptable.

I'm not sure what you are seeing, but the pics are not small in my browser.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:14 PM

I am really interested in getting the car. Can I see a few pics of the motor and interior? I live in Illinois and only live about 10 miles away from work, so this would be a fun in the sun driver for me.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:48 PM
10-Second Club

Originally Posted by RTonyanJr
I am really interested in getting the car. Can I see a few pics of the motor and interior? I live in Illinois and only live about 10 miles away from work, so this would be a fun in the sun driver for me.
I'm off this Friday so I'll try to get some good photos for you. By the time I get home from work it is too dark, so it will have to be on a day off.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:18 PM

That works for me.

Quick Reply: 2002 Trans Am - Silver - A4 - Modded 14k miles