Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This hood looks awfully familier

He even used a picture from vfn's site. Kinda sketchy
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fiber...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 03-12-2009, 04:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

he seems to be true, look at his reviews.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:27 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

BWAHAHAHAHAHa The black car in the picture is member Mr_presidents old car lol. VFN Sonoco!!!!!
Old 03-12-2009, 06:16 PM
12 Second Club

Someone tell ebay they will pull his posting.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Launching!

I kinda want to get a sunoco hood but don't want to pay vfn pricing. I wonder if his **** is legit or not. Kinda shady using someone else's picture though.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:39 PM
TECH Addict

maybe this guy has a deal with vfn?
Old 03-13-2009, 07:42 AM
FormerVendor

No. This guy does not have a deal with our company. He's a crook.

This company is based out of Ohio and uses other companies parts and makes molds and passes them off as their own. Whereas we make our molds off of a solid steel factory part, not a lightweight fiberglass hood like he does. Doing this spells wavy. This is why he uses white gelcoat instead of the black gelcoat like us...white hides waves and imperfections, where black shows everything.
Being in the fiberglass business we have seen MANY Of Their Hoods come in to our shop where guys are asking us to Quote:"spray a layer of gelcoat on the top of them to fill the thousand present air holes that are the size of a dime each".
Unfortunately their is no simple way to fix these hoods by simply spraying a layer of gelcoat on them, and instead they end up right in the trash.
And that's not even the worst part of dealing with this company....but their products are nothing but garbage, and people have nothing but nightmares with this company.
Here Is a link To Some VERY ticked Off Mustang Owners who Have known about them for years.
They are fairly new to the LS1 world thanks to their copies of both of ours and US Exotics hood designs.

Here are some Quotes below from just one page on that forum!

"I had a hood from them. I was like hell its close to me about 45 min. So I got it. And about a week later it came through my windshield ! HO Fiber trends all the way from now on !"

"If any one has issues with them let me know i live about 20 minutes from there GARAGE,yes its a garage.And ive had one of there garbage *** hoods for about 2 years now and dont want to paint or even drive the car.Its the second one from them,the first i made them replace cuz it was trash.They use body BONDO and not fiberglass resin to bond the two halves together.They are well know for seperating."
NOTE: VFN does not use Bondo to attach our hoods together and instead uses a panel adhesive...this allows for an extremely strong bond which will not separate on the customer and will hold up for long-term use.

"The hood I got from Hoods4 sale went flying off my car last week. I picked one up from Champion yesterday and it was a much nicer hood. There seems to be some confusion about them beeing the same place. Well I have picked up hoods from both and there are not. Hoods for sale / Cincinnati Composites are in a old run down building back in behind Jim Beam. Champion is in a Garage right off the street I have seen the opperations and the hoods from both places and there is a big difference. I am going to pin this hood just to be safe."

"Cincy Conposites sucks, I Once saw a Mustang Hood From Them That even said "CERVINIS" in the part in raised letters and had cervini's patent number in the finish on the underside of the hood, this guy didnt even take the time to sand out the incriminating evidence when he pulled a mold off one of Cervinis quality parts and sold it as his own That Takes ***** and it show he does'nt even give a #### about his own company reputation, All they Do is scam people, most of his ebay pictures of black gelcoated items are stolen right from harwoods site he took a magic marker to their part numbers. And His parts have so much air in them you cant even use them as you run your hand across the finish you can feel all the soft spots and hear them crackle under your fingertips. and the guy's a ####ing dick about it too!!! I Think He enjoys burnin people I Noticed This On Ebay, Go There and look this hood up
"Fiberglass 1.5" MACH 1 Bolt-on Mustang Hood 87-93"
Its about Time People Start Burnin His ***!!
"

Again, these are just a few quotes...you can read and make up your mind yourself by checking out the forum here:
http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=273968

I have also posted some pics of their hood fitted on a car. As you can notice from the 2nd picture - which we drew arrows on - the hood sits up high in both the front and back - which means there is no amount of troubleshooting you can do to fit this hood correctly.
Attached Thumbnails This hood looks awfully familier-cincyhood1.jpg   This hood looks awfully familier-cincyhood3.jpg  

Last edited by vfntech; 03-13-2009 at 12:17 PM. Reason: added links and pics
Old 03-16-2009, 11:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think this is the same guy I bought my hood off of last year but if I remember right he was calling it a Sunoco hood, not aero hood. The feedback was all private too, but those are the same pics on the auction. It was more expensive, but the price shipped was about the price that VFN was selling it for, so I went for it.

I received it fairly quick, open the box just to make sure there was no damage (it was packaged very well). then it sat in my dads garage until I sold it to an LS1tech member in January because of my tickets that needed to be paid.

He just contacted me over the weekend and told me he has issues getting it to fit. So now I have to come up with funds to refund him and try and get them to refund me.

Looks like fun.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well the good news is they are right behind the jim bean factory, so if all else fails you can get some alcohol....
Old 03-16-2009, 12:13 PM
TECH Junkie

lol. THat's pretty far drive just to get drunk!
Old 03-16-2009, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
lol. THat's pretty far drive just to get drunk!
For us yes, for people local to them not so much... I am just sayin the good side is they chose a great location, at least they got that one idea down for a successful business, too bad they appear to make crap.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Well the good news is they are right behind the jim bean factory, so if all else fails you can get some alcohol....

Did Jim BEAM branch out into legumes too ... those must be some badass beans if so

Sorry had to do it man ...
Old 03-16-2009, 12:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Texass683
Did Jim BEAM branch out into legumes too ... those must be some badass beans if so

Sorry my bad hahahaha, thaks LOL. It is understandable, I woulda done the same. Well if it wasn't me.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

their gameplan was people coming to pick up hoods would stop at jim bean for the free tour and come bombed and not notice its a pos
Old 03-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Launching!

Good info guys, thanks. Me and a friend were looking into getting a sunoco hood.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Texass683

I think Adam's been drinking some himself
Old 03-16-2009, 02:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DarkJuggalo
their gameplan was people coming to pick up hoods would stop at jim bean for the free tour and come bombed and not notice its a pos
Thats what I am thinking

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
I think Adam's been drinking some himself
Yeah that would be the case but I stopped drinking, kinda realized I had a problem.... they don't make large enough alcohol bottles for me... LOL
Old 03-23-2009, 01:30 PM
TECH Regular

I'll stick with VFN.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

LOL...cincinatti compsites still trying to reinvent themselves...******* LEACH's is what they are
Old 04-07-2009, 12:46 AM
Staging Lane

I recieved an "aero cowl hood" today... IT IS A PIECE OF ****,JUST LIKE THE GUY THAT OPERATES THAT BUISNESS!! DO NOT buy from these guys ... im so pissed of,but theres nothing i could do

Quick Reply: This hood looks awfully familier