11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down C.A.R.B. is banning Black cars by 2012

All i can say is read this crap.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/carb-so-crazy/
Old 03-27-2009, 07:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Not ban, it's a silly idea that probably wont pass. But if you do have a car that is dark, Black, Dark Blue, Purple, than you MUST have the windows of that vehicle to be able to reflect light back out. Like tinting, so maybe 5% tinting may be legal, yay.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:38 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by masterz28
Not ban, it's a silly idea that probably wont pass. But if you do have a car that is dark, Black, Dark Blue, Purple, than you MUST have the windows of that vehicle to be able to reflect light back out. Like tinting, so maybe 5% tinting may be legal, yay.
You dont think they would do such a thing I bet you never though California take your tax returns and give you an IOU.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

meh..
Old 03-27-2009, 09:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whhhhhhhhhhhat.

Please. When its 110* it doesnt matter what color car you have. Are we really that desperate to tip-toe around 'the problem'.

If they do this they should have to change the color of asphalt... it radiates heat, warming these horrible black cars! If it was concrete it wouldnt get as hot. lol

Dumb... theres no way.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The state already started giving returns back, I got mine and it was almost $300, so I am sure most people are getting theirs. No IOU's were issued it was deemed illegal.

On this there is no way it can pass, there are too many people wanting their car to match their personality. I would be pissed, even though my car is pewter they would say you are not reflective enough, how about fedex and ups trucks and big rigs? I know diesel falls to the ground, but not completely, how is it the vehicles backed by a massive union... ahem "teamsters", don't seem to pollute, but when cali does studies on regular joe shmoe car we creat a lot more pollution? hmmmm Diesel is black emits a lot of emissions, they say it falls to the ground ok then it then goes into underground water streams, then gets picked back up in the next rain and voila we now have pollution. Amazing.

Ohh well i could be wrong, but i know I heard somewhere some independant study was done or is going to be done about that.

Ohh well.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:20 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
The state already started giving returns back, I got mine and it was almost $300, so I am sure most people are getting theirs. No IOU's were issued it was deemed illegal.

On this there is no way it can pass, there are too many people wanting their car to match their personality. I would be pissed, even though my car is pewter they would say you are not reflective enough, how about fedex and ups trucks and big rigs? I know diesel falls to the ground, but not completely, how is it the vehicles backed by a massive union... ahem "teamsters", don't seem to pollute, but when cali does studies on regular joe shmoe car we creat a lot more pollution? hmmmm Diesel is black emits a lot of emissions, they say it falls to the ground ok then it then goes into underground water streams, then gets picked back up in the next rain and voila we now have pollution. Amazing.

Ohh well i could be wrong, but i know I heard somewhere some independant study was done or is going to be done about that.

Ohh well.
Well that was nice they started giving them back. Where they should have been in the first place.
WTF? We should ban diesels. Besides they only account for moving 100% of goods in the country. If it wasnt for diesel big rigs our F-bodys would still be in canada. Lets take all the Rigs, Trains, Cargo ships and Tankers out of service. Another brilliant Cali idea. We can all live in the woods in tents and smoke weed like hippies.
Oh yeah and Newer diesels dont smoke.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Launching!

Everyone... Welcome to the USSA. For those who say this wont happen, think about all the other stupid laws that theyve passed. They all need to get hit in the head to return to reality.

As far as gas mileage, only 10% of the gas taken up from the ground is used in transportation vehicles. So think about, the other 90% is in the making of products.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:50 PM
10 Second Club

First they ban aftermarket cats, now they want to ban black cars, whats next? They are going to ban bustin nuts so california dosn't over populate? Eveyday i hate this state more and more. Who Gives A F**k if the weather is so great here, soon they will ban going outside or going to the beach. Welcome to communist california.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:58 PM
11 Second Club

Exactly some people see the light. Some are still oblivious and say oh that will never happen. I am not form California but it scares me to see where this country is heading.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Launching!

People are stupid, and dont care, as long as their getting their chack in the mail what do they care. They have no blood, sweat amd tears into this country. Like these are the plans they are trying to past... Eliminate free health care for Veterans, stop text credits if you donate money to charities, make you choose from a list of charities that you have to give to. Its rediculous, whatever happened to free of choice. Also their planning on making a tax on gas to raise it back up to $4 a gollon, cause they say the fuel efficient cars are not selling. Stupid, this country was built off you being able to come here and have free of choice, soon not to be. Only to live by the way the government wants you to.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:12 PM
TECH Addict

wow. i can't believe we are wasting money on legislation and research for this b.s.

someone pull the race card already and make it go away!
Old 03-27-2009, 02:20 PM
11 Second Club

I agree, this state is becoming more and more ridiculous..

but IMO, the weather sucks here...

I wish it was 30 degrees right now
Old 03-27-2009, 02:38 PM
TECH Addict

What's next?

Big screen TV's

http://www.electronichouse.com/artic...ig_screen_tvs/

http://taxdollars.freedomblogging.co...een-tvs/12993/
Old 03-28-2009, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

On a side note (but still picking on CA's logic), I thought it was dumb I had to pay to dispose of my monitor when I purchased it.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

this
state.

I gotta go back to FL.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:38 PM
Staging Lane

Easy way around this one! They are banning the sale of dark cars, just go to AZ or NV buy the car there. Dumb government this will only hurt our local dealers. People already do this when they are buying motorhomes and it saves them a ton of money on the sales tax.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:01 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 98BlackT/A
Easy way around this one! They are banning the sale of dark cars, just go to AZ or NV buy the car there. Dumb government this will only hurt our local dealers. People already do this when they are buying motorhomes and it saves them a ton of money on the sales tax.
Yeah, I have family in Washington and they alwas drive over to Idaho to buy their cars, no sales tax. Thats probably why they have the largest dodge dealership in the world, and a top selling chevrolet dealer in the country.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by masterz28
exactly. it was just a presentation.
http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_120135...e=most_emailed

Originally Posted by Stanley Young, spokesman for California Air Resources Board
It's completely fallacious. At no time was it mentioned, contemplated or proposed that we would ban or restrict any color.
technology required to make car paint more reflective is not cost-effective today, and won't be part of the new regulations.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I saw this the other day. It only makes me hate this state even more. I find it interesting that when I fly back to the east coast, where I'm from, it seems like flying back to america from a foreign country. The weather is great, thats about it.

Quick Reply: C.A.R.B. is banning Black cars by 2012