Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Camarokingla.com - legit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 02:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camarokingla.com - legit?

what's up guys, after my first stab at buying an f-body fell through I still got the itch. I've been trolling the classifieds on the site, very nice cars, but still no dice. I'm in no big hurry but I'm taking a trip to SoCal and would like to get some left coast feedback...

I constantly end up at this site while browsing (turn down speakers, music instantly blares) - http://www.camarokingla.com

I was wondering if any of you guys out west have been there/purchased a car (or know someone that has) from this place before. They seem to have good examples of low mile/rare f-bodies at ~reasonable prices. It IS a dealership which alone has to be considered but for gods sake that showroom is a wet dream! Just wondering what y'all thought about checkin it out while I'm on that side of the country, thanks for takin the time fellas.

Last edited by whoudi; 05-13-2010 at 06:06 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:40 AM
TECH Resident

Go to western section and find the Camaro King thread. It was last bumped not to long ago. He has some nice cars but be careful and do your research before buying from him. Double check the VIN on the door and dash, make sure Carfax mileage and mileage on the car correspond, call SLP with VIN to verify it is a SLP car with what options he's listed it with etc. He's known for his shady dealings but *seems* to have straightened out recently.

He likes to dress up Z28's as SS's, SS's as 345HP package SLP cars, 150k mile cars with 34k on the dash, mickey mouse'd ****, also make sure engine and VIN correlate with each other.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:44 AM
TECH Resident

Oh, BTW ALL the cars listed on his site are sold and have been for sometime. He uses those to attract people etc. The cars in his showroom in the pictures are all long gone. Decent guy but he will bullshit you every chance he gets.

5 Bucks you call and ask about the White/Black stripes A4 SS, Red/black stripes M6 SS or Black/red stripes M6 SS he says he sold them last week when they all have been listed for the last year or so.. Thats what he told me last Jan/Feb when I went to check out his showroom.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:41 AM
Teching In

WOW lol, i jus read that thread... once you weave through the turf wars its easy to see the so called "camaro king" is just another car salesman trying to roll them off lot. In fact I just looked over that website again and now I feel ashamed for not spotting his terrible SS hackjobs from the get go, hes even trying to push off fake CETAs! Thats all well and good but I'm not the kind of customer he seems to be targeting... Thanks for the info man

Last edited by whoudi; 05-13-2010 at 07:03 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

over priced and ruins the cars by putting in ugly seats and ugly crap on the hoods
ruined 2 CETA's
Old 05-13-2010, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

those are the most overpriced cars i've ever seen
Old 05-13-2010, 03:38 PM
TECH Addict

but that white 35th with the hockey stripes is a bad *** looking car.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:56 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by hlaalu
but that white 35th with the hockey stripes is a bad *** looking car.
Should have recarpeted that white SS. Looks like it had a Tan interior and it doesn't match the white/black houndstooth. Does look good though. He finally updated his site, for awhile all the cars he had listed were sold a long time ago.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A friend of mine bought one from him.
Not good result. Those 25th stripes will die on you.
Paint will fade, etc.

ps: sorry to my buddy.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I haven't bought any vehicles from him but I've seen a lot of his current cars in the showroom. He buys them used from all over the country. He has legit LE and SLP specialty cars and some base models with upgraded WS6 & SS appearance mods.

Like most have said already do your homework as to what you're potentially buying. He'll get cars that the previous owners have either modded or have taken off original parts.

And just for clarification regarding the fake CETA remark. It wouldn't be cost effective to build a fake CETA. It most likely was one he had to repaint and used aftermarket (CETA style) stripes vs the very expensive originals.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:36 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know the guy at camaro king personally and get a lot of my parts/stuff from him at super good prices... Yeah he did CLONE a lot of cars but thats because people would come in and want SS' for Z28 prices so he did I nice numbe of clones. BUT ALL of his current inventory are all REAL SS, WS6, FIREHAWKS ect.. like always mentioned check the sticker on the door for codes and options...Hes a real cool guy to meet and know; people only talk **** cause of his cloning session, but never go back and talk to him to see what can be done to benefit the buyer...Give him a call talk to him and he'll work with you...P.S. all the stuff he does to his cars are extras he does, but if you dont want stripes, seats or rims he can always put it to stock....
Old 05-15-2010, 12:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well put JJ... Just be straight up with him on what your looking for and he would be able to help you..
Originally Posted by JJsQwuik
I know the guy at camaro king personally and get a lot of my parts/stuff from him at super good prices... Yeah he did CLONE a lot of cars but thats because people would come in and want SS' for Z28 prices so he did I nice numbe of clones. BUT ALL of his current inventory are all REAL SS, WS6, FIREHAWKS ect.. like always mentioned check the sticker on the door for codes and options...Hes a real cool guy to meet and know; people only talk **** cause of his cloning session, but never go back and talk to him to see what can be done to benefit the buyer...Give him a call talk to him and he'll work with you...P.S. all the stuff he does to his cars are extras he does, but if you dont want stripes, seats or rims he can always put it to stock....
Old 05-15-2010, 02:30 AM
TECH Resident

Talk to him yourself and make your own opinions. He's a cool guy like juniorz28 said just tell him what you want and he'll try to help you out
Old 05-15-2010, 11:36 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

i have flashed a few PCM's for him.... seems like a straight up guy in my book
Old 05-15-2010, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He's a cool guy if you don't try to low ball him and jerk him around. And as far as the clones, we all know they're clones, if someone is buying one and doesn't know its a clone then they are an idiot.

by the way, my stripes faded and cracked after owning the car for a couple of years, it is not garage kept at all so I wouldnt have expected any less. But either way it doesn't matter anymore because I don't have them on the car anymore
Old 05-15-2010, 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

they have some bad *** cars. like they mentioned just check the door stickers codes to make sure they are real SS or Ws6's

Quick Reply: Camarokingla.com - legit?