Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Loud camaro.. cop and neighbor beef!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 04:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Loud camaro.. cop and neighbor beef!

Hey guys i need your help.

So last night im pulling up to my girlfriends house( she lives in a condo complex). I parked across the street (public st )and her neighbor was waiting outside. She begins to go off on me that my exaust is to loud,i basicaly tell her to blow me and kick rocks. I told her that im on public streets and that im not on her property.

I wasnt reving or driving crazy, just at idle. She got pissed and said she was gonna file a complain to the cops. I basically told her do your worst lol

My question is what can she leagaly do? Can a cop come and sight me while my car is parked for modified exaust even though its off? Can he force me to turn it on or can i just refuse? Or do they basicaly have to warn me and try to catch me riding dirty?

Last edited by Ls1fury; 07-26-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:54 PM
On The Tree

Depends mostly on local laws for enforcement, how well do you know the police around there?
Old 07-26-2011, 05:57 PM
Launching!

Im pretty sure they have to catch u in the act! Good luck, let us know what happens!

Vinny
Old 07-26-2011, 06:09 PM
Banned

yeah I also believe they have to catch you in the act but by her complaining if she,really does.They will try to catch you in the act you'll be marked lol. Also do some more research alot of cops push's there badge around/try to exercise unlawful procedures...good luck!!!! u got cats and muffler in factory location?
Old 07-26-2011, 07:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just drive normal and if the cop does catch you around there then be cool with him and see if he lets you slide. I had my neighbors call and make reports when my car was stock with gutted cats (headers & a cutout now) Cop parked around the corner and waited for me. Just told me that my neighbors have been complaining about my car. I was cool with him and he just complimented my exhaust and told me to slow down Guess they must have said I was speeding too
Old 07-26-2011, 08:23 PM
Teching In

lol long tubes no cats! hooker exaust!

this is santa barbara Cali!
Old 07-26-2011, 08:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haters gonna hate. I wouldn't worry about it. Unless the police actually follow you while you're driving I doubt they will do anything.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

The guy I bought a catback from in Norcal had gotten a pretty bad rep at one time with the local PD and said that cops were posted outside his house outside for a month, just waiting for him to start his car or for other trouble in the area. Pretty sure he was running dumped longtubes and a ridiculous donkey dick cam. It was more or less his daily driver.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:52 PM
Launching!

Yeah Probably insane Loud. My car is pretty loud too. Some douche bag down my street wrote a letter saying he was going to do the say thing for speeding up and down the street. That ******* kids see a car coming and never move. Once I was coming, Kids in the street, he hears my car coming and acts like he is going to throw something at my car. I stop, Get out and pull my night stick from under my seat. He called his kids into the house and never had a problem since.

In my case Im "street legal" with cats and stock location, With you, they might have grounds to do something, But they cant File any kind of complaint, they can just give the local PD a heads up.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:56 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ConElite
In my case Im "street legal" with cats and stock location
Not exactly, you are "smog legal". To be "street legal" your exhaust has to be inspected by a Referee and tested to be at or under 95dB. My car (which sounded quiet as hell) with essentially brand new cats and a Bassani catback failed at 113dB. Had to put the stock exhaust on it to pass, and it barely passed at stock. The exhaust dB testing RPM is fixed at 2500 RPM.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 01SuperSport
Just drive normal and if the cop does catch you around there then be cool with him and see if he lets you slide. I had my neighbors call and make reports when my car was stock with gutted cats (headers & a cutout now) Cop parked around the corner and waited for me. Just told me that my neighbors have been complaining about my car. I was cool with him and he just complimented my exhaust and told me to slow down Guess they must have said I was speeding too
Damn you lucky i was in culver city one time wasn't on the gas just coasting 1tyme busted a bitch on me..first thing he checked was exhaust..."ticket"...what happend to your windsheild wipers? me: motor went bad sir Im waiting for my new one to come in...."ticket"... I was cool with them and had a few laughs wit the lady cop..forgot to metion my record is flawless driver license clear and was still asked to get out car so he could search it....smh..

Last edited by LTXBOI; 07-27-2011 at 08:03 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

santa barbara is such an easy county, i dont understand why you should have any problems with the cops. my camaro is quite loud i have never had a problem.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:16 PM
Launching!

dang bro, Fucken people don't have anything good to do, **** that lady in the *** and call it a night...

About a month ago i went to the LA Staples Center, apparently the parking lot is underground, anyways there was two lanes going in, i was on the left side and my cut out kinda points at an angle, well there was this lady next to me the whole time stop and go traffic waiting to go to the parking space, well she ends up parking next to me and when i get off she gave me the stinky face and says "Wow, that thing is loud!(in a smart *** voice) how do u drive that thing around?!" and I tell her in a smart *** way " its pretty fun, I never fall asleep and if people bitch about it, i tell them to close their damn windows and turn the A/C on!" she then says "is it even legal!?" i tell her, im not sure, cops usually never BITCH about it, she then turns away shaking her head...

BTW - I live literally a block away from the police station, I get police officers giving me the thumbs up all the time, ****... i had a cop fukn wanting to run on the streets once... **** ALL THOSE DAMN HATTERS...
Old 07-26-2011, 09:25 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cops are usually lax around here. 1 day I decided to drive my car uncorked(No cats, MAC Mid Lengths & A cut out) Figures I am at a stop light & a cop pulls right along side of me(His light turned red too) I almost **** my pants because I was in the turn lane & had to drive away 1st..having a 4000 stall converter didn't help either..lol..Long story short, he could careless what I was doing. Tell this douche to go to hell. If it's not late at night you shouldn't have no worries
Old 07-26-2011, 09:28 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Dan
Cops are usually lax around here.
I hope so - you live in a town with a population of under 5,000.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I say be sure no cops are around then do a burn out as near to her door as you can.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ZexGX
Not exactly, you are "smog legal". To be "street legal" your exhaust has to be inspected by a Referee and tested to be at or under 95dB. My car (which sounded quiet as hell) with essentially brand new cats and a Bassani catback failed at 113dB. Had to put the stock exhaust on it to pass, and it barely passed at stock. The exhaust dB testing RPM is fixed at 2500 RPM.
True. lol Smog Legal. My system Maxed out there 120db gauge at the ref. lol

Put stock one back on, Drove over to CHP, and Done deal.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:09 PM
Teching In

They have to observe the violation and can't cite you because of something some old hag complained about. Unless she's related to the some one in the city government the complaint will be ignored as the ranting of a bitter old woman..
Old 07-26-2011, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

She needs some dick.

I have LTs, nol cats, hooker exhaust, small cam... its not very loud. Yeah, in SB, cops probably have time to come out for something like that.

Remind her that you know where she lives.

EDIT: $100 says she's a fatty.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Ls1fury
lol long tubes no cats! hooker exaust!

this is santa barbara Cali!

How's it sound? I'm thinking a similar set up but I'm leaning towards dual cutouts right off the headers.

Originally Posted by henry172
I say be sure no cops are around then do a burn out as near to her door as you can.
+1 for this

Quick Reply: Loud camaro.. cop and neighbor beef!