Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Good bodyshop in SFV?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 06:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good bodyshop in SFV?

Looking for a good quality body shop in the SFV, looking to have my 2000 SS repainted and a dent or 2 removed after being keyed and some failing clearcoat.. Any reputable shops that won't change an arm and a leg? Pride in Van Nays quoted 6k for a same color repaint..
Old 03-25-2012, 07:03 PM
TECH Resident

take it to Jose fool!
Old 03-25-2012, 07:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RPD_Vette84
take it to Jose fool!
Never seen his work.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:20 PM
TECH Resident

he does good ****
Old 03-25-2012, 07:23 PM
TECH Resident

my buddies FC that he did.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:28 PM
TECH Resident

Mike ask him how much for a full repaint and some dents/ripples taken out of the quarters.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:33 PM
TECH Resident

just roll over there. hed have to see what kinda work he has to do.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by oChristiano
Looking for a good quality body shop in the SFV, looking to have my 2000 SS repainted and a dent or 2 removed after being keyed and some failing clearcoat.. Any reputable shops that won't change an arm and a leg? Pride in Van Nays quoted 6k for a same color repaint..
The reason why I quoted $6k is we stand behind our work for the lifetime of the car. We use quality paints and everyone goes through specialized training. Sure there are cheaper shops out there, and the car may look good to the untrained eye, but to charge $1-3k for a full repaint, they are cutting corners somewhere. Almost half of that 6k is paint and materials alone. You can save yourself labor by taking the car apart yourself, but during reassembly if you scratch it when you put it together, you are on your own.

Most of the small shops in the SFV don't even have their own spray booths, they share someone elses, or they'll water down the ground and spray the car in the middle of the night inside their bays so they don't get caught. Good luck with everything, I'd be happy to work with you on the pricing and go through all the numbers so you can see how it all adds up.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:07 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by HellaciousA
The reason why I quoted $6k is we stand behind our work for the lifetime of the car. We use quality paints and everyone goes through specialized training. Sure there are cheaper shops out there, and the car may look good to the untrained eye, but to charge $1-3k for a full repaint, they are cutting corners somewhere. Almost half of that 6k is paint and materials alone. You can save yourself labor by taking the car apart yourself, but during reassembly if you scratch it when you put it together, you are on your own.

Most of the small shops in the SFV don't even have their own spray booths, they share someone elses, or they'll water down the ground and spray the car in the middle of the night inside their bays so they don't get caught. Good luck with everything, I'd be happy to work with you on the pricing and go through all the numbers so you can see how it all adds up.
Im not ******* your work at all and I understand why it costs as much as it does. You've done work on 4 good friends of mine cars( SOM WS6 Black WS6 Red Z28 and Red SS). I just cant justify ~6K on a car I paid 6700 for a year ago. I talked to you about just respraying the outside of the car since I'm staying the same color and its a simple gloss red. But you said you don't do that and Id have to do jams and etc too.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

all i can say is, pride does do good work.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:51 PM
On The Tree

Im not ******* your work at all and I understand why it costs as much as it does. You've done work on 4 good friends of mine cars( SOM WS6 Black WS6 Red Z28 and Red SS). I just cant justify ~6K on a car I paid 6700 for a year ago. I talked to you about just respraying the outside of the car since I'm staying the same color and its a simple gloss red. But you said you don't do that and Id have to do jams and etc too.
I know you aren't ******* our work. I think you may have misunderstood me--if the jambs are in good shape, we don't need to spray those as well. Thats only necessary if you want a color change or want them to be as shiny as the outside panels. We can mask them off without any issues.

When it comes to deciding about a paint job, it comes down to your long term goals with the car. If its something you are going to hang onto for quite some time, its definitely worth the extra cost. Otherwise if you are only going to keep it for a few years and then move onto another vehicle, dropping 4-6k on paint is not worth the time/effort. A good professional detail ($400 and up) with paint correction may be a good choice, and only panel paint the areas that really need repair.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:50 PM
TECH Resident

I know you aren't ******* our work. I think you may have misunderstood me--if the jambs are in good shape, we don't need to spray those as well. Thats only necessary if you want a color change or want them to be as shiny as the outside panels. We can mask them off without any issues.

When it comes to deciding about a paint job, it comes down to your long term goals with the car. If its something you are going to hang onto for quite some time, its definitely worth the extra cost. Otherwise if you are only going to keep it for a few years and then move onto another vehicle, dropping 4-6k on paint is not worth the time/effort. A good professional detail ($400 and up) with paint correction may be a good choice, and only panel paint the areas that really need repair.
All the jams and underhood are fine im just looking for the exterior redone. The quarters need some work due to typical F-Body wrinkles and door dings. Both front fenders and hood have failing clear coat and front bumper is rock chipped to hell from being driven cross country, drivers side door was keyed. At that poilt the only things that dont need paint is the rear bumper/finishing panel/hatch/spoiler and passanger door that domt need paint. If you could give me a rough quote for what i just described thatd be great.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

All the jams and underhood are fine im just looking for the exterior redone. The quarters need some work due to typical F-Body wrinkles and door dings. Both front fenders and hood have failing clear coat and front bumper is rock chipped to hell from being driven cross country, drivers side door was keyed. At that poilt the only things that dont need paint is the rear bumper/finishing panel/hatch/spoiler and passanger door that domt need paint. If you could give me a rough quote for what i just described thatd be great.
Let me work on it tomorrow when Im back at the shop, and I can email you a copy of the estimate with what you are describing. The hatch/spoiler/berger panel/and rt frt door may need to be refinished/blended for a good color match. That all depends on where the damage is physcially on the panel. Replacing side moldings/emblems also adds to the cost. What's your email?
Old 03-27-2012, 08:00 PM
TECH Resident

Let me work on it tomorrow when Im back at the shop, and I can email you a copy of the estimate with what you are describing. The hatch/spoiler/berger panel/and rt frt door may need to be refinished/blended for a good color match. That all depends on where the damage is physcially on the panel. Replacing side moldings/emblems also adds to the cost. What's your email?
Supersport7096@gmail.com

I figured since so much already needed painted why not get the rest painted since it'd need blending etc any ways. I could do emblems and don't plan on putting side moldings back on.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 98BLOWNZ28
all i can say is, pride does do good work.
Oh I know Pride does good work. I hate it every time you park next to me ******!
Old 03-28-2012, 01:26 AM
On The Tree

i paid about 1700 just for the exterior.. BC/CC

i just finished doing a full ColorSand/and Buff.. my self not so long ago..

and didnt turn out as bad as i thought it would be..
I mean i belive on.. You get what you paid for.. thats true..

but if your looking just for a decent/reasonable paint job/price that would do a 2stage BC/CC job.. And you dont want to go ALL-LOUD-ON-IT.. Just le me know..

ohh if you want to look at how mine turned out after i did the final steps of color sanding and buff.. LMK if your arround so i can show you and give you some info.

LMK..
Old 03-28-2012, 03:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 09camarossls2
ohh if you want to look at how mine turned out after i did the final steps of color sanding and buff.. LMK if your arround so i can show you and give you some info.
Bring it out to Bobs Big Boy in Burbank this Friday night if you're free...