Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

You can delete me as a member...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 01:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You can delete me as a member...

Titan,

I know its not your rules so nothing against you whatsoever.

All Im trying to do is help people out. Most guys help and I teach them how to do it themselves. Im not going to pay a site that brings in over $25,000 a month in sponsorship so that I can help a few local guys save some money. Its stupid. Some of Tony's rules are bullshit, and this is one of them. I dont have a business license. I dont own a business, run one or am related to one in any way. This website is Tony's business and he can do whatever he wants, but I wont be a part of it anymore after 5 years. Whats the difference if I buy and sell used parts for profit on LS1Tech? There isnt one and no one would know if I was doing it that way. The only people that lose in this are the members, which are the people that make this site.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:10 PM
Junior High Director

Originally Posted by Ireland31
Titan,

I know its not your rules so nothing against you whatsoever.

All Im trying to do is help people out. Most guys help and I teach them how to do it themselves. Im not going to pay a site that brings in over $25,000 a month in sponsorship so that I can help a few local guys save some money. Its stupid. Some of Tony's rules are bullshit, and this is one of them. I dont have a business license. I dont own a business, run one or am related to one in any way. This website is Tony's business and he can do whatever he wants, but I wont be a part of it anymore after 5 years. Whats the difference if I buy and sell used parts for profit on LS1Tech? There isnt one and no one would know if I was doing it that way. The only people that lose in this are the members, which are the people that make this site.
Eric,

I understand....and I know you're just trying to help local people out, which is why I let the post stay up there for a little while...the idea is that it isn't fair for the local sponsors that pay for the advertising to have to compete with you for work....I have no problem with people posting their experiences with you (I have dealt with you before and I know you are definitely a stand up guy) and you offering to help people with things if they post...but within the new rules you aren't really allowed to start a thread "advertising" your work...

Joe
Old 03-08-2006, 01:28 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think there exceptions to every rule, and think this is one of them, i think there should be a limit on the amount of money that is earned through the ls1tech, at which a certain point you pass that limit, you need to start paying sponsership dues, use common sense here, he is no threat to any local sponsers.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:45 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Total Horseshit, I am sure this will get locked too..
Old 03-08-2006, 02:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sponsers pay to advertise..to get their name out. its not a dictatorship we as members can use who ever we want. where is it in are members rules that says we must use only sponsers listed. the only reason why these vendors pay for the little banner is because they know that there are 2000 people viewing and millions of posts at any given on the site. who wouldnt pay that fee too advertise.

Secondly there are not many westcoast sponsers on here..maybe five or less most all other sponsers are in midwest too east.

Last edited by 8GTOKLR; 03-08-2006 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 8GTOKLR
sponsers pay to advertise..to get their name out. its not a dictatorship we as members can use who ever we want. where is it in are members rules that says we must use only sponsers listed. the only reason why these vendors pay for the little banner is because they know that there are 2000 people viewing and millions of posts at any given on the site. who wouldnt pay that fee too advertise.

Secondly there are not many westcoast sponsers on here..maybe five or less most all other sponsers are in midwest too east.
i agree he was offering a servise not selling parts.I would never take my car to any of the sponsers on this site they are just too much as far as cost goes however i will always buy parts from them some of the best deals on the net are found right here from sponsers.I think it's b.s. he not going to make a bussiness out of working in his driveway nor is he making a killing at 350$ a pop.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:03 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Guys, we do not mind you helping eachother out. BUT, posting a thread like you did is blatant non-sponsor advertising. Not only did you post contact info, but you also posted a price. Thats basically a slap in the face to all the paying sponsors here that have to spend money to advertise in the same manner.

If you guys want to help eachother out, do it privately. That isn't too much to ask.

Tony
Old 03-08-2006, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Guys, we do not mind you helping eachother out. BUT, posting a thread like you did is blatant non-sponsor advertising. Not only did you post contact info, but you also posted a price. Thats basically a slap in the face to all the paying sponsors here that have to spend money to advertise in the same manner.

If you guys want to help eachother out, do it privately. That isn't too much to ask.

Tony

Tony you've got to look at Los Angeles as a whole here, there isn't many vendors here that still work on fbodies and the few that do, charge out the ***!

Ireland isn't gonna take any business away from those guys believe me when i say that just want the "engine" deals! Let the guy be and people here are smart enough to shop around, so it's not your "sponsors" get people there, it's the people themselves
Old 03-08-2006, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

there are like 2 sponsors. that appear to work on cars in socal. not the greatest locations either
Old 03-08-2006, 05:34 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Just because there currently aren't any sponsors in your area that pay to advertise, that doesn't mean you should be able to advertise here for free. Word of mouth should be more than adequate for finding local guys. There are about 4 private installers in the Houston area alone that get tons of work by referral, and don't feel the need to advertise on this site.

We have sponsors from all over the country on this site. Many of them are the only shop in their area too. Based on your thoughts, those guys should get to advertise for free too?

Sorry, we disagree with that. If you wish to use this site to generate revenue for yourself, and post threads like Ireland posted, you are advertising. $350 a pop for cam installs is more than most people make per day, I know guys that pay their mortgage and car notes by doing cam installs.

Just keep it private, no need to advertise pricing and contact info like he did.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand the admins viewpoint and we have to realize that in the realm of LS1tech.com, it is like a dictatorship, only within these forums. That's not a negative, this is a protected area where we have a joint give-and-take relationship with the sponsors. It's like going to another country, we need to abide by that country's laws/rules.

Given that, are sponsorship fees based on volume, employees, ???, or is the fee the same regardless of size? Does one need to have a business license to become a sponsor? I ask because...

Could a reasonable solution in a situation like this be a monthly ad fee based on an assumption of xx cam installs a month for a low volume vendor like Ireland31? If this solution did come to fruition, people who utilize his services will realize that his fee includes the LS1tech.com ad surcharge.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:49 PM
TECH Resident

cam installs for 350 is a damn gift. I bought **** from Eric a lot of times,Hell of a guy,Seems there should be a fine line here as hes not even close to a sponsor price wise and some people wouldn't go to a sponsor period due to high *** prices.

J
Old 03-08-2006, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just because there currently aren't any sponsors in your area that pay to advertise, that doesn't mean you should be able to advertise here for free. Word of mouth should be more than adequate for finding local guys. There are about 4 private installers in the Houston area alone that get tons of work by referral, and don't feel the need to advertise on this site.

We have sponsors from all over the country on this site. Many of them are the only shop in their area too. Based on your thoughts, those guys should get to advertise for free too?

Sorry, we disagree with that. If you wish to use this site to generate revenue for yourself, and post threads like Ireland posted, you are advertising. $350 a pop for cam installs is more than most people make per day, I know guys that pay their mortgage and car notes by doing cam installs.

Just keep it private, no need to advertise pricing and contact info like he did.
this is very true and i understand now your side.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:44 AM
Staging Lane

However much money anyone makes per day has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand. Neither does your knowing guys who pay their mortgage and car notes by doing cam installs. Even if it did is it a concern for you what the guy would spend his money on for doing a cam install? It shouldn't be and you should not have even mentioned this.

I bet if this guy paid LS1tech.com some money to post what he posted here you would have no problem with it would you? Just another example of the big guy squashing the little guy once again.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:53 AM
11 Second Club

There is a simple fix for this. The Profession shops have a set price. Why dont the people who do a little side work maybe paypal nineball just a small fee. I mean its not taking away a lot of business from anybody.

Around here its 800$ for a cam swap, im not paying that. thats my .02
Old 03-09-2006, 10:52 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

got to love "internet Dictators"
Old 03-09-2006, 11:01 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by QuickSilver T/A
However much money anyone makes per day has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand. Neither does your knowing guys who pay their mortgage and car notes by doing cam installs. Even if it did is it a concern for you what the guy would spend his money on for doing a cam install? It shouldn't be and you should not have even mentioned this.

I bet if this guy paid LS1tech.com some money to post what he posted here you would have no problem with it would you? Just another example of the big guy squashing the little guy once again.
FYI, our monthly rates for smaller operations (no business license required) is only $125/month. Thats about 1/3 of a single cam install. Are you saying that he couldn't make enough to pay for a simple privilege to advertise here?

Be realistic, its not like we charge $5000 per month like a magazine does.

LS1TECH is a business, we have an LLC and a tax ID. We also have a business policy, and strictly enforce it. If you do not agree to this, simply do not use the site. Yes, we also allow people to help eachother and use the site to contact eachother, but we DO NOT allow non-sponsor advertising. There is no debate here, that is the way it has always been since day one. This isn't about "big guy vs little guy", thats idiotic. Its about being fair to the sponsors that DO pay to have the privilege to advertise here. Why should they pay if we allow some people to do it for free? What protects their investment here?

Cliffs Note's for the hard-headed:

1. You cannot advertise services or new products on LS1TECH unless you are a sponsor. This includes posting pricing, or any form of contact info. He broke BOTH rules.

2. Our rates are too cheap to bitch about. If your guy can't afford $125/month, how can you trust him if he puts a nice scratch in your paint job doing a cam swap? We see over 50,000 visitors per day, our rates are dirt cheap by industry standards.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:40 PM
Banned

so wait -- if i'm talking about work i have had done because i say i ran a 14 second 1/4 mile and someone asks, and i say that i took my car to "Joeschmoe Motorsports" to have my heads ported and i have "Mean Guys" Headers -- im advertising? WTF is that?
Old 03-09-2006, 03:08 PM
Junior High Director

Originally Posted by Black34V6
so wait -- if i'm talking about work i have had done because i say i ran a 14 second 1/4 mile and someone asks, and i say that i took my car to "Joeschmoe Motorsports" to have my heads ported and i have "Mean Guys" Headers -- im advertising? WTF is that?
That is totally and completely false......

You are welcome to do that....what is not allwoed is a non sponsor individual or shop posting with pricing info and contact information to solicit business....
Old 03-09-2006, 03:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TITAN
That is totally and completely false......

You are welcome to do that....what is not allwoed is a non sponsor individual or shop posting with pricing info and contact information to solicit business....
alright i just wanted to make sure -- i was getting conflicting info...

what if im talking to someone and im like "i finally got my heads ported..i took em to "so and so performance heads" and they are great!! you should call them!

if they ask me for contact info i cant give it to them publicly or privately? i have to email / call and tell them? (im just trying to clarify)

Quick Reply: You can delete me as a member...