Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Applied to Wyotech

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Applied to Wyotech

I'm too white to get any money from uncle sam. This country sucks as far as education. I graduated 2nd in my graduating class, but my dad (who hasnt payed my bills ever) made 60K last year, thus denying me, with my awesome credit score, a chance to get an education to fulfill my dream. No lenders would touch me b/c I'm 21 and they all want a co-x. Tell me this, If your parents arent qualified to cosign for your schooling b/c banks wont touch you, how the **** is anyone in this country supposed to get educated? Oh, wait, I know now. This country is more concerned with educating ANYONE, but white, healthy males. I found scholarships and grants for women (yeah, just for not having a dick you get free money), blacks, indians, asians, mexicans, and disabled. So basically, anyone who is dark, gay, or female, gets shitloads of free education. It would seem that the reverse racism of the liberals in theis country has even affected me, a blue collar boy from phoenix who has never done drugs, never been late on bills, always paid taxes, and got good grades. If you are not white and going to school on free money, youre welcome. I'm not a racist at all. I love people for what they do. But if you didnt do anything to deserve my right to a better life, screw you. You dont deserve any handouts if you didnt make the grade like I did. If I would have known that all my hard work meant nothing because I dont qualify for loans, and my parents cant cosign for me, I would have slacked off alot more and smoked my high school years away. So much for this country. Screw affirmative action and screw the establishment.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:32 PM
TECH Resident

join the army
Old 09-09-2008, 01:40 PM
11 Second Club

i feel you, i was in the same boat when i was 18 graduating from high school, got good grades and trying to get a loan to go to uti, my parents made double what yours did, i couldnt get finanicial aid, scholorships or any help what so ever, this country is bull ****, i got a loan thru sallie mae, with differed payments, no co sighner just my own signature, and some cash up front, anyhow im 22 now still making payments done with school and moved on, the gov doesnt help out the rich kids who's parents like mine and yours belive if your going to do anything you have to work for it. well thats bullshit, good luck man and try sallie mae
Old 09-09-2008, 01:59 PM
On The Tree

Yea the whole system sucks ***. Another huge problem is they put most of the weight on how much money you have in the bank (at least it was that way when I started college 8 years ago) I couldn't get any finical aid because my parents saved their money it didn’t matter that they lived in a small row house in the city and drove around in 10+ year old cars and didn’t even have cable. Mean while a friend of mine's parents earned at least 2x what my family did lived in a $750,000 house drove a Jag, Benz and Porsche got aid because they had no money saved and were in debt up to their eyeballs. They bitch about how American's don't save and then punish the ones that do with policies like this, fucked up is right.

When you’re done getting an education you get to deal with the bullshit all over again trying to get a job. They say if you are qualified you'll get a good position but I find it funny that females and non white males I know who had worst grades and shitty work records good better jobs than the white guys who busted their *** in school and at work.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:00 PM
Launching!

the only scholarships I got were in high school for scoring within the top 1% or whatever on the state exams. I've applied for so many scholarships with no luck since there is nothing for other or even if I claim I'm white. I'm gonna start applying for scholarships for black people since technically I'm African.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

Is it your goal to become a Technician?
Old 09-09-2008, 02:26 PM
Staging Lane

It just needs to stop. People should hav enough opportunity to do whatever they want in life. Everyone goes to public schools and can get whatever grades they apply themselves to get. I'm sick of getting passed up b/c the government thinks that my parents have anything to do with my schooling. They never have! They havent done anything like that for me. They want me to get my own job and go to school on my own. they cant afford to put me through school. This is bull. Something needs to change
Old 09-09-2008, 03:04 PM
On The Tree

for the most part...

its not what u know...

its who u know...

the faster u accept that fact,the less bent out of shape u r gonna get about how effed up things can be...just my .02
Old 09-09-2008, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

The real problem you have is why waste your time and a substantial amount of money at Wyotech or UTI when you can get the same basic automotive education at your local community college?

If your going to go with an automotive performance specific school the School of Automotive Machinests in Houston is the only place worth your time and money.

UTI is such a ******* scam, you could learn more sweeping up the floors at your local shop over the next 6 months. You can do a lot more with that 28,000 and 2 years you would waste at Wyotech.

Not trying to kil your dream bro but there are better options out the for your future.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by james562
The real problem you have is why waste your time and a substantial amount of money at Wyotech or UTI when you can get the same basic automotive education at your local community college?

If your going to go with an automotive performance specific school the School of Automotive Machinests in Houston is the only place worth your time and money.

UTI is such a ******* scam, you could learn more sweeping up the floors at your local shop over the next 6 months. You can do a lot more with that 28,000 and 2 years you would waste at Wyotech.

Not trying to kil your dream bro but there are better options out the for your future.
in all reality...ur not paying the crap load of money about what u can learn...ur paying for the piece of paper at the end with UTI or wyotech's name on it...thats what it basically comes down 2
Old 09-09-2008, 03:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

I took autoshop at my old HS, and even my instructor told me that its just a bunch of smoke that they bull up your ***. Its a waste of time, and money. Taking the same classes at a Vocational College is about the same or better learning experiance for a big fraction of the cost. All I ever heard was about how Wyotech, and UTI are such Gods in the automotive industry, but its weird how I know some ppl who didnt even touch one of those schools, and went with a vocational class. He now has his own shop, and gets some of his customers directly from Mid Valley Ford. He works on anything Ford, and also makes some nice imports. So learning from what he has done, those two schools are just out for your money. But good luck on your choice of schooling.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

It just reminds me of another fucked up scam where schools get you to pay 10-20K for two years to be a Pharmacy Tech or a medical assistant. Damn single mothers come out of school 20-40K in debt only to find out there gona be making 9-12 an hour filling perscriptions at target.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:18 PM
11 Second Club

just like any school, its the effort you put in that directly reflects what you get back. from a former students point of view, yes there were a lot of bullshit rules and regulations, stupid hours and even dumber teachers, but if you use the school to its full advantage, you can gain lots of knowledge and meet people you would have never had the chance to meet. ive been working on cars since i was 14, for little or no money, at a freinds shop, yeah i learned a lot, i gained expereince more than anything i got a good feel for the industry i was interested in. then i went to uti, furtherd my knowledge and got the job i have today. ive been in and out of specialty diesel schools since, but honestly uti was a stepping stone in my career,

you honestly cant go into any school with a shitty attitude expect to come out and get a great job knowing nothing and missing classes and being an arrogant ******* like 95% of the people do who attend uti. take it as it is a stepping stone. i wouldnt say it was worth the 28k but i can tell you that i make double than any of my freinds with degrees from the local community colleges.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

It just reminds me of another fucked up scam where schools get you to pay 10-20K for two years to be a Pharmacy Tech or a medical assistant. Damn single mothers come out of school 20-40K in debt only to find out there gona be making 9-12 an hour filling perscriptions at target.
Haha while your talking about medical assistant. My brother took the same class at another school for about the same damn price. Hes said about 15 an hour, but since their trying to cut the pay rates, hes still stuck on paying Sally Mae for the school. Its ridiculous, hence why I didnt want to goto ITT tech anymore for Criminal Justice.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Teching In

im actually at wyotech now, its only a year and i believe its money well spent. by the time you would be graduating at a college you could already have graduated wyotech and already taken and passed test to be ASE certified. i shopped around colleges in my area before applying at wyotech and i realized that wyotech actually has alot better tools that you would endup using at a dealership and have an overall better program. by the way its not just white people who cant get help on going to school, i know a few people who are paying full price to go to wyotech and they are black and hispanic.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Teching In

wyotech actually has more tools that you would find in a dealership then regular colleges and from what ive seen it seems to be alot faster too. it only takes one year. and for the guy whos white and thinks the odds are stacked up against him... well there are blacks and hispanics that have to pay full price as well
Old 09-09-2008, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
just like any school, its the effort you put in that directly reflects what you get back. from a former students point of view, yes there were a lot of bullshit rules and regulations, stupid hours and even dumber teachers, but if you use the school to its full advantage, you can gain lots of knowledge and meet people you would have never had the chance to meet. ive been working on cars since i was 14, for little or no money, at a freinds shop, yeah i learned a lot, i gained expereince more than anything i got a good feel for the industry i was interested in. then i went to uti, furtherd my knowledge and got the job i have today. ive been in and out of specialty diesel schools since, but honestly uti was a stepping stone in my career,

you honestly cant go into any school with a shitty attitude expect to come out and get a great job knowing nothing and missing classes and being an arrogant ******* like 95% of the people do who attend uti. take it as it is a stepping stone. i wouldnt say it was worth the 28k but i can tell you that i make double than any of my freinds with degrees from the local community colleges.
what are the techs that went to CC making? 30-35K with no overtime roughly right.

Out of curiosity what did you make out of school? and what would you make 5 years down the road.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:49 PM
11 Second Club

what are the techs that went to CC making? 30-35K with no overtime roughly right.

Out of curiosity what did you make out of school? and what would you make 5 years down the road.
i would say thats about right, its hard to gauge thou with this economy, it wouldnt be a fair match up since i am salary. right when i gradutated i was salary'd at 55k, with my credentials and all my ase's all my electrical classes offered by uti, all the certifications, i am now on the waiting list with dwp with a starting salary of 82k a year and it goes up yearly, withing 5 years with the city ill be close to 6 figures. i honestly dont feel i would be in the same position i am know with my current employer or being offered a job with dwp. yes i am leaving the auto industry, but its the auto industry that gave me the knowledge the know how and the schooling to get in with the city. had i not gone to uti i probably would have not even passed the entry exam i participated in a lot of after grad programs that helped me get where i am today, being an ase certified master tech, and damn close to getting my diesel master cert.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
i would say thats about right, its hard to gauge thou with this economy, it wouldnt be a fair match up since i am salary. right when i gradutated i was salary'd at 55k, with my credentials and all my ase's all my electrical classes offered by uti, all the certifications, i am now on the waiting list with dwp with a starting salary of 82k a year and it goes up yearly, withing 5 years with the city ill be close to 6 figures. i honestly dont feel i would be in the same position i am know with my current employer or being offered a job with dwp. yes i am leaving the auto industry, but its the auto industry that gave me the knowledge the know how and the schooling to get in with the city. had i not gone to uti i probably would have not even passed the entry exam i participated in a lot of after grad programs that helped me get where i am today, being an ase certified master tech, and damn close to getting my diesel master cert.
DWP is the ****. I was in foster care for a year when my dad was in the hospital. My foster dad was an electrical engeneer for DWP and that house/ family was ballin big time.
You'll be over 100,000 in 5 years easily cograts bro...
Old 09-09-2008, 04:09 PM
11 Second Club

DWP is the ****. I was in foster care for a year when my dad was in the hospital. My foster dad was an electrical engeneer for DWP and that house/ family was ballin big time.
You'll be over 100,000 in 5 years easily cograts bro...
thanks man, like i said i honeslty owe uti some kind of thanks, like the saying goes its not how big it is its how you use it, i guess this implies to knowledge and motiviation

Quick Reply: Applied to Wyotech