What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

02 z/28

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 11:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 02 z/28

Just trying to get some ideas on prices. Looking to get into a truck for practicality purposes. It's an 02 Z M6 35th annoverary with 75k miles. Hit on drivers side front fender and deemed totaled. Bought and rebuilt by a professional drag racer and then I traded my Ventura for it. It's Pewter with 20" Black and chrome Ruff Racing rims. Ebony leather interior. Paint is spotless. Black Sail panel and Berger panel. Always maintained (at least that's what I was told and that's what I practice with it). Two small rips in drivers seat. I always garage it and it was in a climate controlled garage with 8 other Camaros. I'm the third owner. Can use some new rear tires. No Monsoon audio. Power locks and windows. Just did $500 in matinance. Has Kenwood head unit and SLP lid. Other than that, bone freaking stock. Have originally head unit and 5 spare rims/tires plus the spare in the car. Brakes are 1000miles old.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:02 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately, with a salvage title, you are looking at roughly half of blue book value. Then you've got a ripped seat and it needing new tires, which is going to push the value down even more. Also, all 2002 Camaros were 35th anniversary, but yours is not the actual 35th anniversary edition; only the SS Camaros were offered with that package and they only came in red.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

You really can't say it is 'bone freaking stock' with all those mods and changes, even though that terminology did give me a grin.
A bad title 2002 Z28 with those miles, and the few other issues, should sell in the $5,000 - $6,000 area. Of course you can ask more, just don't expect it. GLWS!
Old 07-12-2013, 08:35 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah... I figured as much. It was an impulse but and I got screwed out of about 7k in the process of it all. Probably going to have to keep it for a long *** time....
Old 07-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WRSpence
Yeah... I figured as much. It was an impulse but and I got screwed out of about 7k in the process of it all. Probably going to have to keep it for a long *** time....
Ouch. That is an expensive lesson to learn.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GimmeLSx
Ouch. That is an expensive lesson to learn.
Ha. Yeah. Especially when your job pays a whole 7.25 an hour and about 30% of your paycheck is taken from you right off the top. Every penny counts in my life right now. I feel like an idiot for getting this car. Been nothing but a money pit just fixing it all the time. But, I got the car I wanted since I was 7
Old 07-13-2013, 08:22 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WRSpence
Ha. Yeah. Especially when your job pays a whole 7.25 an hour and about 30% of your paycheck is taken from you right off the top. Every penny counts in my life right now. I feel like an idiot for getting this car. Been nothing but a money pit just fixing it all the time. But, I got the car I wanted since I was 7
I feel ya, man. It sucks that you got the car you always wanted and it has turned out to be a shitty ownership experience. Make sure you do your homework next time and do not, I repeat, do not make hasty decisions when it comes to cars. It is very easy for emotions to override common sense and blind you to red flags.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

I'm also very sorry to hear.

It's a shame the car industry, both at the private and retail level, has no conscience. It never has. Why is it OK to rip off people? I just couldn't sell anyone a bad car, especially a young person that just doesn't have life experience. Perhaps it is the main reason I try to help out here on LS1Tech. Going on 5 years now in this 'What's It Worth' section alone. It's nice to help out if possible and quite rewarding with all the PM's you get in return.

WRSpence, there will be better days ahead and certainly better cars. Try to keep your head up. Hopefully this Z28 will 'settle down' with repair bills and you can enjoy it a bit.

Quick Reply: 02 z/28