What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2001 Arctic White SS 98k Cammed rebuilt rear

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 08:07 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2001 Arctic White SS 98k Cammed rebuilt rear

Whats up all. Trying to find out what the SS is worth ballpark. Such a huge difference between NADA and KBB private sale numbers. Car has 98k on it i very rarely drive it and havent driven it for longer than a few weeks here and there the last 6-7 years. Its never been wrecked, rear bumper has been repaired 2x though from other drivers knocking into it. Basically just new bumper cover and paint.
Mods on the car:

Engine: MS3 package from Texas Speed, with local tune. Pro 5.0 w/ Lous short stick, setup for dry nitrous which was used for about 2-3 years when i first got the car over 30k miles and then since 2004 maybe 2 bottles have gone through it, since MS3 install none has gone through it

Exhaust: mid length headers, Texas Speed exhaust out to custom 3" CME Exhaust setup that is original to the car.

Suspension: bilsteinHD shocks all around with lowering performance springs. LCA brackets for zero wheel hop. Had the rearend rebuilt because i wanted 4.10s to get the best out of the MS3 that was done about 1000 miles ago.

Wheels and Paint: 35th anniversary wheels and more than 75% tread left on tires. Paint is good has some blemishes that a good wax and buff/detail would take care of, few scratches but nothing bad and barely noticeable for a 13yr old car.

Interior: Drivers seat shows wear on the bolster from getting in and out with a small puncture hole but nothing that couldnt be patched. stain on the passenger side where wife spilled a coke years back and never cleaned it up that ive never got around to having detailed out. no cracks in dash or other plastic. rear seats pristine.

MISC issues: Could use tune cleaned up and needs to have speedo calibrated for 4.10s. Runs like a beast but runs rich as dude that tuned it misheard me when i said DONT tune it for the dry shot to which he DID tune it for the dry shot, as i said still runs like a beast. Have a replacement 3rd brake light that i havent installed yet. Heat shield under car is rattling needs to be tightened back down. Replaced the power steering unit about 50 miles ago, no issues since.

Would like to get around 7500-8k for it, have a guy wanting to give me 6800 but i think thats to low. So let me know guys when you get a chance, im probably forgetting a few things as far as mods but this is the bulk of it. Thanks.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:06 AM
Teching In

I think 8K plus, all depends on your local market though, If I was selling it I would be patient and wait for the right buyer, I think 8 is a very fair price for a private sale.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:28 AM
Launching!

Thanks Rug. Might list it on here and see what it pulls. I know dude is lowballing to get what he feels is the best deal but i dont NEED to sell it. I would like to but its not a must sell.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

I agree with your assessment about NADA & KBB on private party sales. The NADA prices are extremely low IMO. Always a useful tool though in setting prices because like it or not, many buyers see those prices. I feel $8,000 is too high and that the guy offering $6,800 may be about the best you can do. Modified 100k miles cars just don't get sold for decent money. If you aren't comfortable with that amount, then just test the waters, but get his phone number at least! Have you countered his offer with a price in the $7,000+ area??
Old 04-17-2014, 10:09 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NC01TA
I agree with your assessment about NADA & KBB on private party sales. The NADA prices are extremely low IMO. Always a useful tool though in setting prices because like it or not, many buyers see those prices. I feel $8,000 is too high and that the guy offering $6,800 may be about the best you can do. Modified 100k miles cars just don't get sold for decent money. If you aren't comfortable with that amount, then just test the waters, but get his phone number at least! Have you countered his offer with a price in the $7,000+ area??
Yeah im at 7500. His 6800 is really 6500 and two free full car details "worth" 150 bucks. However i dont need two free details i need cash. I feel like the car is worth 7-7500 at least. But its all in what the buyer feels its worth.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:58 PM
Launching!

Well its gone. Dude came up to my price and with tears and regret i let it go. I know it went to a good home so thats all that matters....now to mod my 03 6.0l Sierra lmao
Old 04-29-2014, 02:20 PM
Launching!

Man cars are cheap out of state... all stock that ss would have got $7-8.5k in Michigan
Old 04-29-2014, 07:27 PM
11 Second Club

I knew you would get your price. It was fair. He was probably hoping that someone else didnt buy it the whole time he was dicking around low balling you. I just paid $9k for a unmolsted 01 M6 Z-28 near mint condition and 80k miles. I'm fixing to molest the topend into a 11 sec dd tho!
Old 04-29-2014, 09:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by SupermanSS
Well its gone. Dude came up to my price and with tears and regret i let it go. I know it went to a good home so thats all that matters....now to mod my 03 6.0l Sierra lmao
Congratulations on the sale! You two were very, very close. Just hundreds apart. You held out for a bit more and it worked out. The both of you win here. He got the car he wanted for a little bit more and you got a few extra Benjamins in your pocket.
Thanks for the followup.

Quick Reply: 2001 Arctic White SS 98k Cammed rebuilt rear