Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

what wheel cleaner are the FIKSE owners using? need help with removing stains.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 03:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation what wheel cleaner are the FIKSE owners using? need help with removing stains.

what is everyone using to clean their FIKSE wheels with? my wheels are FM5 with black anodized centers, (which are perfect and have no stains), with high polished centers, (which is where the stains and water spots are tough to remove). i do keep a good coat of wax/polish on the wheels for increased appearance and easier maintenance. due to rain and having to park on a gravel dirt lot for school () creates some really tough stains and water spots that are extremely hard to remove. iv tried some various products and im not getting the results id would like to achieve. any help would be greatly appreciate!

here are a few pics before i had any problems with the school parking lot.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Fikse recommends DILUTED Simple Green, on a COOL wheel.

The polished hoops are damned sensitive to water . . . But I given them a good clean and quick rub down with Mothers Billet and they are typically good to go!

I ahve yet to find anything to "put" on the wheel to reduce the marking . . . been toying with trying Zoop Seal . . .
Old 03-10-2009, 10:46 AM
TECH Resident

thank you for the info! diluted simple green? seems harsh but i guess well diluted should be alright. i havnt tried mothers billet yet, that will be the next step.

water is ridiculous hard to keep off and clean off on these damn things but they do look phenomenal when cleaned and polished right!
Old 03-10-2009, 01:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by the predator
thank you for the info! diluted simple green? seems harsh but i guess well diluted should be alright. i havnt tried mothers billet yet, that will be the next step.

water is ridiculous hard to keep off and clean off on these damn things but they do look phenomenal when cleaned and polished right!
Yep. Keeping a polished wheel looking top notch is almost harder than keeping black paint on a entire car looking good.

In all honestly, I have never used Simple Green (DILUTED) on my wheels. I just use planting of car wash soap. The polish takes the stains off.

Be thankful you only have the hoops to polish!
Old 03-11-2009, 01:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28

Be thankful you only have the hoops to polish!
thats very true. i would have to literally spend all day on them!
Old 03-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Teching In

if you don't mind me asking, what did you spend on those?
Old 03-11-2009, 01:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i wouldnt use any strong cleaners on alu polished wheels It will dull them out! Soap and water then get some alu polish and put some elbow grease in it
Old 03-11-2009, 01:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

i have hp evos hyper lites and I will tell you what my wheels are easy to clean but i wash them all the time with a wash and wax like kit carnuba wash and wax and they clean easy wipe off easy and never stain..................i ve never waxed them or anything......
Old 03-12-2009, 11:40 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Formula-95
if you don't mind me asking, what did you spend on those?

sent you a pm.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SIC LSX
i wouldnt use any strong cleaners on alu polished wheels It will dull them out! Soap and water then get some alu polish and put some elbow grease in it

i got a few new products, including the mothers billet and tropi-care, im going to try out this weekend. ill let everyone know which works the best.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:51 PM
TECH Addict

The mothers billet polish works great. I just used it on my car last weekend and it got all the water spots and "stains" out of it. I have used nothing but Zaino car wash on the wheels. I wouldn't use Simple green..don't like the stuff.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

This is one thing I am not looking forward to about my TrueForged wheels as the entire wheel is polished. Let me know how the tropicare stuff works. I use Zaino on the rest of the car and haven't checked what they offer for wheel cleaning but am curious about the TC.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had similar issues, called Fikse and they said I could use full strength simple green, worked okay. My suggestion, clay bar the lip, that should get any water spots off. If that doesn't work, they can be polished out via polish/pad on a drill.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by the predator
i got a few new products, including the mothers billet and tropi-care, im going to try out this weekend. ill let everyone know which works the best.
Mother's Billet works great on the hoops, but make sure you don't get it on those anodized centers. I used to put blue painters tape around the edge of the centers, then hit them with Mother's Billet and a small Powerball. When I had all the excess off, I'd coat the whole thing (centers and all) in a good coat of wax/sealant (that Tropi-Care TC-3 ought to do the trick) and call it done. The wax will help ensure you don't have to re-polish them with every wash.

FYI, DopdBrd (post 11 in this thread) now owns my old wheels.

Are you one of the guys I met at Otto's last weekend?

-Mike
Old 03-13-2009, 05:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
I had similar issues, called Fikse and they said I could use full strength simple green, worked okay. My suggestion, clay bar the lip, that should get any water spots off. If that doesn't work, they can be polished out via polish/pad on a drill.
good idea! i will clay bar them first (after i wash of course) before i try to clean/polish/wax. thanks alot for the ideas and also thanks to everyone else as well for the help! i will definately let everyone know what works out the best for me.

now i just need some decent weather!
Old 03-13-2009, 06:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
Mother's Billet works great on the hoops, but make sure you don't get it on those anodized centers. I used to put blue painters tape around the edge of the centers, then hit them with Mother's Billet and a small Powerball. When I had all the excess off, I'd coat the whole thing (centers and all) in a good coat of wax/sealant (that Tropi-Care TC-3 ought to do the trick) and call it done. The wax will help ensure you don't have to re-polish them with every wash.

FYI, DopdBrd (post 11 in this thread) now owns my old wheels.

Are you one of the guys I met at Otto's last weekend?

-Mike
the tape does definately help with the excess getting on the anodized centers.

yeah we did meet last weekend. me and a friend of mine were checking out your car for sale. i let my brother know who is looking for a camaro and he will be looking at it real soon on here (LS1Tech). he is out of town at the moment. thanks for starting and letting us check out your ride!
Old 03-13-2009, 06:08 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DopdBrd
The mothers billet polish works great. I just used it on my car last weekend and it got all the water spots and "stains" out of it. I have used nothing but Zaino car wash on the wheels. I wouldn't use Simple green..don't like the stuff.
yeah, i dont plan on using simple green.

all i use is tropi-care car wash, plus alot of there products.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:10 PM
11 Second Club

I just used some Never Dull on the hoops and it took all stains out, then went over with mothers.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:00 PM
TECH Resident

i finally got a chance to work on the wheels again and the mothers billet worked the best hands down! it took about three applications per wheel but they are good as new now. after the billet was applied i used some nice polish and wax for durability and shine. thanks for all the suggestions!
Old 04-05-2009, 06:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 523 Likes on 372 Posts

Do the Fiske not have any sort of coating on them? I always wondered because they reflect light in kinda like a rainbow color, hope that makes since, so because of that I assumed it was NOT raw metal, never seen raw metal do that.

Looks like ill try some mothers billet, but can anyone say for absolutely sure if there is any coating or not?

Quick Reply: what wheel cleaner are the FIKSE owners using? need help with removing stains.