Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

M6 drag tire?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M6 drag tire?

Ive got a set of et streets now and they have done good for me on motor and on the nitrous i have some trouble hooking but i did pull a 1.52 60ft with them which aint to bad. Its time for a new set of tires and i cant decide what to go with. One thing i hate about the et streets is how they "walk" from the soft sidewall. Ive heard some good thing from the hoosier drag radials but dont know how they would hook on a m6 car. Ive also considered some et drags with the stiff sidewall but still not sure if they will walk. Ive also been told that tubes will help in a slick from walking. Thanks for any input guys.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:00 PM
On The Tree

I'm running Mickey Thompsons ET street radials on my m6. They still hook with my 4.57 rear gear on motor. Working my suspension for the nitrous right now.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

It really all boils down to your suspension power level and such whats gonna dictate if drag radials will work for you the drag radials are getting new record times everyday so they work they work great with automatic et streets and et drags tend to work better with stick cars due to the soft sidewalks being able to absorb some of the violent shockload that dumping a clutch creates drag radials are great tires and will work depend on how much power your putting down
Old 01-09-2012, 06:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

If I was gonna go away from a radial I wouldn't waste my time on a et street. The et drag has been a much better tire for us. Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2000badbird
It really all boils down to your suspension power level and such whats gonna dictate if drag radials will work for you the drag radials are getting new record times everyday so they work they work great with automatic et streets and et drags tend to work better with stick cars due to the soft sidewalks being able to absorb some of the violent shockload that dumping a clutch creates drag radials are great tires and will work depend on how much power your putting down
The car has bmr springs and stock shocks all the way around. I do have a umi tq arm and control arms out back. It put down 491hp 596tq.

Originally Posted by JWStevens
If I was gonna go away from a radial I wouldn't waste my time on a et street. The et drag has been a much better tire for us. Just my 2 cents.
Im not going away from a radial. I have et streets now and would like to go to a radial if it would work for an m6. Have u used the stiff sidewall et drag? Just wondering if they would walk less than a regular et drag?
Old 01-09-2012, 09:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

I can't really tell the difference between the stiff wall et drags and the regular ones. They both walk around to me. The only way I can ever get them to walk around less is play with the tire pressure. Sorry I'm not more help...
Old 01-09-2012, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

At that power level you can go with a drag radial and have good traction and not get the sways that the et streets tend to give ya if you were saying 700 or more I'd stick with a et street or et drag but a under under that you should not have any problems with traction if you do I'd get a good set of drag shocks and coilover like Qa1 or afco shocks good luck
Old 01-09-2012, 10:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Very true about the shocks! Our 69 leaf spring car wasn't leaving worth a crap and we bought some good shocks and it solved the problem.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

Yea i do need to upgrade the shocks at some point. But it actually leaves pretty good as is. Some of my traction problems is the tires they got over 50 passes on them. Im leaning towards the radials i think. Thanks for all the help guys.

Quick Reply: M6 drag tire?