Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

What rim's are on this turbo camaro (bad ass race vid included!)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 10:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What rim's are on this turbo camaro (bad *** race vid included!)

Hey guy's, watched this race vid and I'm very interested in those rims on the front of that turbo camaro featured in the video.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPg_aHTVmY8 I have 17x11 chrome ZR1's on the back of my black SS so I think those front rim's would look decent on my car as well, along with freeing up some front end weight. I have some suspecion they may be the spare rim's that come factory for the new GTO's. Reason I think this is cause I have a black version of one these rims' in my garage that a freind let me borrow when I had a flat. He told me he got it from somone else who has a GTO. This further puzzles me cause I was able to put the rim on my car and limp it back to the house, but the rim did'nt fully seat against my rotor and gave my rotor a lil play room. It was enough to cause a scratch on my rotor from it having some wiggle room. My questions are # 1 is this in fact a GTO spare rim? #2. how in the hell do uou get it to fit properly on a 4th gen camaro? (spacer maybe?) and #3 I'm guessing this guy must have had these rims dipped in chrome or whatever..what do you guy's think or know?
Old 02-26-2012, 11:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They're definitely chromed GTO spares. Not too sure if you need to run a spacer or not though.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those look like chromed GTO spares...
Old 02-26-2012, 11:34 PM
Banned

Hmm very intersting. If anyone can tell me how this guy was able to get these rims to fit correctly I will definately pick up another one these rims and get them chromed. That is, as long as my buddy I borrowed it from will let me buy the spare of his I have in my garage already lol.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:40 PM
TECH Addict

they fit fine over stock brakes.. no spacers needed
Old 02-27-2012, 12:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
they fit fine over stock brakes.. no spacers needed
weird, cause when I limped home with the GTO spare on my car, it did'nt fully seat against the flat part on the rotor that the rims are suppose to sit against.I tighted it down fairly tight so I know that was'nt the issue and I have aftermarket but stock style drilled and slotted on the front with yellow stuff EBC pads, but that should'nt have made a difference.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:21 AM
TECH Addict

lots of guys run them on the track... as far as i know, they fit fine on the ls1 fbody..
Old 02-27-2012, 12:22 AM
TECH Addict

if they didnt seat, its probably because of the hub bore. yours probably had rust on it.. clean them up.. if you tighten them and they dont hang on the caliper, the problem is with the hub bore, either the rotor or the rim.. make sure both are clean and ding free...
Old 02-27-2012, 12:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
lots of guys run them on the track... as far as i know, they fit fine on the ls1 fbody..
damn I will definately have to slap that bastard looking ZR1/GTO spare( <<lol) back on my car and see what's up with the fit. If I figure it out then I will buy another and have them chromed. I'm in the middle of mouting up my precision turbo onto my LME 347 I got from another tech member. I think these rim/s will look like soemthing different. I tire of the ZR1 rim look, but have to dump my money into finishing up this turbo/motor swap in and not ready to dump money onto a full rim swap over..these GTO spare's may be a cheap option for some small change of looks. Thanks for the info bro
Old 02-27-2012, 12:29 AM
TECH Addict

no problem.. just make sure you seat that damn thing...
Old 02-27-2012, 08:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

wow those dont look bad chromed either
Old 02-27-2012, 01:46 PM
Banned

Yeah they really don't look bad at all,kinda looks like they where made as a set and meant to go together. Wow, thanks again general motors lol