Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

anyone dd w/ bigs/littles?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 02:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default anyone dd w/ bigs/littles?

Just curious if anyone truly dd's with a 15" drag setup but with normal radial street tires. My car is not quick and i love the looks of drag setup but i dd the car and would want a tire that could least a while. Anyone do this? Maybe a 15x8-10 and 15x5-6? I know they make tires that small for your small cars.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I daily drove my Z28 with 555r's out back and whatever the 165 tire is people run on the 3.5 or 4.5" wide front draglites(ran me $230 installed for the pair), sometimes I wouldn't feel like changing wheels after the track for awhile. Car had no problem driving with that setup, I do like to corner though so I would only drive around like that for 2-4 weeks at a time.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

I gotcha. I just worry about tire wear on the skinnies. I'm sure i could find the right tire sizes for front and rear. Might do some looking
Old 04-19-2013, 06:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nexen-11766NXC/19473481 The front skinnies are cheap and will last longer then any drag type tire you put on the rear. I drove my car on big and littles for a few months and it handled good enough to drive around everywhere I needed to at the speed limit. I took it on few 2 - 4 hour trips and it was fine. It gets pretty sketchy when it rains with ET streets and skinnies though.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:08 PM
12 Second Club

As long as you are responsible and don't take turns fast you will be fine.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

just finally swapped to some 18's with street tires, but ran with the setup in my sig for about a year and a half. drove it to work every day, down the interstate, etc. do not expect to be able to drive in the rain. When my tires were new I could not go over 45mph safely on wet roads. Having huge tires in the back and tiny tires in the rear will make the car a nightmare in the rain regardless of tread design. Hence why i finally went with a square setup lol
Old 04-21-2013, 06:54 PM
TECH Resident

driving my car on darkstar combo 17x4.5 fronts snd 15x10 rears with et street radials and hoosier pro street radials up front also with no front swaybar and it drives great, just dont try to go fast around corners like everyone else said and very hard stops could get sketchy also on front skinnies(so ive been told atleast)
Old 05-17-2013, 02:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by mikh338
driving my car on darkstar combo 17x4.5 fronts snd 15x10 rears with et street radials and hoosier pro street radials up front also with no front swaybar and it drives great, just dont try to go fast around corners like everyone else said and very hard stops could get sketchy also on front skinnies(so ive been told atleast)
I hate to bump a dead post, but after hitting a rock (right in the middle of the FNG road) and destroying a rim on my last car, I slapped on my set of Weld drag lites with MT sportsman bias plies only because thats what I had available. Never was able to get a replacement rim and drove around that way for over a year without issue before i ended up selling the thing. Wore those fronts down to the cords and still kept running em while sporting low profile radials out back. It's really not bad at all. If you like the look then go for it, no worries.

Quick Reply: anyone dd w/ bigs/littles?