Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Best product to clean weld rts wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 05:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best product to clean weld rts wheels

Ok guys I need your help.. I bought some welds rts "center black" skinnys up front & 15 out back.. Guy who owned them he had his car detailed & they spayed some type of chemical that left them pretty stained.. So my question is does anyone out know of any product or the best way to clean theses wheels?
Old 05-13-2014, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

Old 05-13-2014, 06:27 PM
On The Tree

^These are the wheels that I'm talking about
Old 05-13-2014, 08:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

try adams polish on these. Try their deep wheel cleaner and their metal polish 1 & 2. Their metal polish should clear this up. If not you may have to try a more aggressive approach like steel wool.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Spray them with Flitz wheel cleaner first. This removes any oxidation or stains that may be on he wheels. Let it sit and do its thing for a few minutes. You may want to rub them down while they are wet eith that stuff. After that, rinse them off and use Adams 1 followed by Adams 2 metal polish. I did this with the CCW wheels I had and they turned out great.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
Spray them with Flitz wheel cleaner first. This removes any oxidation or stains that may be on he wheels. Let it sit and do its thing for a few minutes. You may want to rub them down while they are wet eith that stuff. After that, rinse them off and use Adams 1 followed by Adams 2 metal polish. I did this with the CCW wheels I had and they turned out great.
There's a good chance the Flitz wheel cleaner will wreck the black on those wheels. I very well could be wrong.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
There's a good chance the Flitz wheel cleaner will wreck the black on those wheels. I very well could be wrong.
I checked the Flitz bottle last night, and it says only to use on aluminum, and not to use on anything that has a clear coat on it, so you may be right about the black parts. You could always tape off the black area, or just spray the Flitz on a rag and wipe. I swear by that stuff. It's amazing what it did for my old CCW wheels. When I got them, they were not in the best shape, but after using the Flitz, combined with the Adams 1 and 2, the wheels came out looking like brand new. You could literally see the Flitz working the second you sprayed it on the wheels.

And by the way OP, my old CCW wheels looked the same way your wheels look in those pics.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:35 AM
8 Second Club

Received 944 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by SS LeadFoot
try adams polish on these. Try their deep wheel cleaner and their metal polish 1 & 2. Their metal polish should clear this up. If not you may have to try a more aggressive approach like steel wool.
x2, I had some wheels that looked way worse. Deep wheel cleaner got most of the stuff off, stinks a little but it works. Then the metal polish shined them right up! You could use their sealant afterwards to keep it looking nice a little longer.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:08 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys! The stuff that ya mention could it be purchased from advance? What did ya use to polish & clean them with? mothers powerball?

Last edited by turyg ls1; 05-14-2014 at 12:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Best product to clean weld rts wheels