Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Road force specifications

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 04:06 PM
tb1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road force specifications

Can someone provide me with an "industry accepted" definition of "Road Force Specifications"---i.e. what does the term mean in general in the automotive industry.

Can anyone provide me with some authoritative description of safety hazards or dangers if a car cannot be brought into its "Road Force Specifications" as set by the manufacturer.

I need this information in connection with a NY "Lemon Law" action for a refund of the purchase price of my 2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed which despite four attempts by Bentley, cannot be brought into compliance (Over 65 pounds out of specs) with its road force specifications. I need to be able to show that as a result the car is---or may be--- unsafe to drive.

Tom Barr tb1@hamptons.com
Old 10-25-2014, 08:32 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You come to a website that's primarily aimed to Camaro and Firebird enthusiasts, and your first post is about your Bentley????

(if you really DO have a Bentley, have you tried contacting the regional sales office??? for what those things cost, if you have a complaint, they should be kissing your ***, to get it fixed...)
Old 10-29-2014, 08:51 AM
tb1

I thank you very much for your kind welcome and brilliant insights into what I should be doing to get the problem fixed. Gosh, I never would have thought to first ask Benley to fix the car before suing them under the NY LL. You really are a genius. And a gracious one at that. I am so impressed. I bet everyone else on this forum is also.

T Barr
Old 10-30-2014, 12:52 AM
Douchebag On The Tree

Originally Posted by tb1
I thank you very much for your kind welcome and brilliant insights into what I should be doing to get the problem fixed. Gosh, I never would have thought to first ask Benley to fix the car before suing them under the NY LL. You really are a genius. And a gracious one at that. I am so impressed. I bet everyone else on this forum is also.

T Barr
Being a jackass won't get you anywhere.

Road force is a measurement of tires. If you're having problems with road force being out of spec, then get new tires. Suing for lemon law about road force issues is like divorcing your wife because she wore ugly shoes. Get that bitch some new shoes.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+road+force+balance

If this doesn't help, ask around over on yellowbullet.com. They will help you out a ton.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:56 AM
tb1

I certainly agree one should not be a jackass. However, I am not the jackass involved here.

Do you need help in figuring out who is??

I would still find it most helpful if someone would answer the question I posted, and not ones I did not ask, and keep their obnoxious and rude editorial comments to themselves.

I did not ask a rude question--so how come the only 2 responses I got not only had nothing to do with the question I asked, they were each pointedly rude in content and tone. What sort of "Jackasses" populate this forum? Is this the way everyone that is new here is treated? Is this somehow a character trait of those geniuses that favor Camaros?? Seems to be.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:44 PM
TECH Regular

You might have better luck opening an account over here: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley-42/

Or just pick up a phone and call Bentley customer service: 1 (800) 777-6923
Old 10-31-2014, 05:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by tb1
I certainly agree one should not be a jackass. However, I am not the jackass involved here.

No, it's self evident....it's the snob who owns a Bentley, and can't figure out how to:

A) Speak with a Bentley rep in such a manner that you get results;
B) Look up the Hunter Engineering site, the people who make the road force balancers;
C) Contact a local tire shop, for some "on site", expert help;
D) SIMPLY put 4 new tires on the car. If you can afford a "six figure car", what's another $8-900 for new tires.............

Originally Posted by ybaslo1
....Or just pick up a phone and call Bentley customer service: 1 (800) 777-6923
Excellent answer!!
Old 10-31-2014, 06:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My cats breath smells like cat fud
Old 10-31-2014, 04:12 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Originally Posted by tb1

I would still find it most helpful if someone would answer the question I posted, and not ones I did not ask, and keep their obnoxious and rude editorial comments to themselves.

I did not ask a rude question--so how come the only 2 responses I got not only had nothing to do with the question I asked, they were each pointedly rude in content and tone. What sort of "Jackasses" populate this forum? Is this the way everyone that is new here is treated? Is this somehow a character trait of those geniuses that favor Camaros?? Seems to be.
I told you that road force balance is for tires. And then gave you a link that easily answers your oh-so-complicated question. As far as what specs are considered in line with factory specs, that would be a question you ask your dealer, your tire manufacturer, or Bentley.

YOU HAVE BAD TIRES. Jackass.

Quick Reply: Road force specifications