Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

I tried Heavy Metal polish and.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 06:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I tried Heavy Metal polish and.....

I couldn't find any info on the forums about anyone who was used it but I know Boyd recommends it so I figured I would be the guinea pig. The results on their site I saw were all great and I was convinced it was worth buying so I did. Let me just say this, throw all the polishing **** you have in the trash. I know that's a bold statement but this **** is amazing. I ordered it from a non sponsor link on Monday and got it on Thursday. $20.00 each for medium and fine 16 oz. each which is a lot. Heavy Metal is not a paste, it's an oily liquid with abrasives that you can see chillin' at the bottom of the bottle. I also ordered a mothers powerball which hasn't come yet and I'm going to use it with that. I figured just for ***** and giggles go ahead and try it out because I couldn't wait anymore. I grabbed 'em up and a microfiber and went to my car for a quick little test. My wheels are dirty and there is salt on them and some stains. **** I couldn't remove with Billet and Neverdull after hours of hard rubbing came off INSTANTLY with this Heavy Metal polish. Just a few seconds of rubbing made the section I was working on look like they were brand new if not better than when I got them. Since it's a liquid it goes a VERY long way and it didn't seem to dry out on me either like a paste, it just kind of dripped. The polish turned very black and was very easy to wipe off. And I do mean wipe, no need to rub. BTW, these are AFS 18" Z06's. When my powerball gets here and I go out and buy a drill I'll detail the whole car and post pics before and after. Sorry none right now but I don't have all the **** I need or the time but I will let you all know and see how it went. I have no doubt that my polished aluminum z06's will be chrome like in little to no time at all. Stay tuned guys.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:08 AM
TECH Resident

brand please? PM or whatever
Old 03-21-2005, 08:34 AM
TECH Resident

Been using this for a couple of years now - ever since I got my Boyd's. I haven't tried with a drill attachment - I've always polished by hand - but I can't wait to see what that turns out like...

ultraz - the brand name is in his post title...
Old 03-21-2005, 11:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

do we need to get both forumla's? 20 $ is kinda steep for each but i guess if it works out. and for those that have used the heavy metal polish for awhile. how is the protection? with my Smoothie II's i always get water stains on the lip of the wheel from brake dust pooling. looks ugly up close

and joblo could you PM me the link where you bought this stuff?

thanks
Old 03-21-2005, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

pm me me a link also. My Boyds need some cleanin!!!
Old 03-21-2005, 08:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 00NBMCamaro
do we need to get both forumla's? 20 $ is kinda steep for each but i guess if it works out. and for those that have used the heavy metal polish for awhile. how is the protection? with my Smoothie II's i always get water stains on the lip of the wheel from brake dust pooling. looks ugly up close

and joblo could you PM me the link where you bought this stuff?

thanks
Kinda steep? How much is a little jar of Mother's Billet? You don't have to buy the 16 oz. bottles which is more than enough. The fine may be enough for you alone or the medium may be enough for you. Find their link and see which one YOU need. I have salt here, that's why I got something with a bit more *****.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:22 PM
10 Second Club

please PM the address also. my boyd's are messy. thanks
Old 03-22-2005, 11:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ah i see now. i think the medium will do me good, might get a small around of the fine formula to give it a better shine after the mediium takes care of the stains

thanks for the PM
Old 03-22-2005, 01:54 PM
10 Second Club

can one of you guys PM me please? I need to grab a couple
Old 03-22-2005, 08:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 00NBMCamaro
ah i see now. i think the medium will do me good, might get a small around of the fine formula to give it a better shine after the mediium takes care of the stains

thanks for the PM

That's what I went for. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.