Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

How much for 17in WS6 wheels...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 08:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much for 17in WS6 wheels...

Im buying a set of new wheels this spring. I will be selling my 17in WS6 wheels with nearly brand new tires (Cooper Zeons). The wheels are 17x9.5 and tires are 275/40/17. How much would I look to make for these? Wheels are in decent shape, no major blemishes. Might need new center caps if your a perfectionist haha.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:24 PM
TECH Resident

How bad do you want to get rid off them. Because I want to keep my stock rims but buy another set and paint them black. I dont know how much a decent price would be but I'll take the rims depending on how much you want for them.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:30 PM
Teching In

Im going to want to sell the wheels with the tires just to make things easier. I was thinking around 800 with the tires. The wheels are polished also, not that it matters if you were to paint them. Might be ebaying them, we'll see though.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:13 PM
Banned

Thaat may be a bi high? Or i just screwed myself when i sold mine. I hade new goodyear f1's. i got 600 for four rims and two new ties. the tires alone were close to 500..
Old 03-27-2006, 10:25 PM
Teching In

I dunno, on ebay theres a set of just 4 wheels for 825 in the model I have. They could be different styles because I know theres more than one model in the 17in. Some guy offered me a grand for them last summer, which even I thought was high, but I guess theyre rare. I guess we will see what happens when I get rid of them.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

The speedlines were on the 2002s (and maybe late 01s, I dont know for sure), those average right around $800 + shipping in good condition with decent tires. If you've got any curbing or the tires aren't really that new you'll probably lose a hundred or more. Early summer seems to be the best time to sell, late fall and winter are the best time to buy. I usually buy/sell a couple sets a year, I wont pay more than $600 with the tires, especially for the older style (the ones that you have). You should definately post them in the parts for sale forum because you might be able to find a near-by buyer and it won't cost you anything to try. If you've got a desperate buyer and mint wheels they can go for $900-1k but that's pretty rare and I watch the things constantly.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:17 AM
12 Second Club

I am located in the southeast michigan area and would be interested if the price was right
Old 03-29-2006, 01:46 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by savethelinoleum
The speedlines were on the 2002s (and maybe late 01s, I dont know for sure), those average right around $800 + shipping in good condition with decent tires. If you've got any curbing or the tires aren't really that new you'll probably lose a hundred or more. Early summer seems to be the best time to sell, late fall and winter are the best time to buy. I usually buy/sell a couple sets a year, I wont pay more than $600 with the tires, especially for the older style (the ones that you have). You should definately post them in the parts for sale forum because you might be able to find a near-by buyer and it won't cost you anything to try. If you've got a desperate buyer and mint wheels they can go for $900-1k but that's pretty rare and I watch the things constantly.
What about 2001 WS6 Wheels? Tires suck, low tread and one is blown. Can keep them mounted but they will increase shipping price so it may be better to ship just the wheels.

Condition is alright, still clearcoated I believe so some TLC could make them look great. A few scratches but overall good looking wheels.

Thanks for any help. My TT2's are coming soon so i'll just swap the boxes.