Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

hit potholes, wtf help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 10:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default hit potholes, wtf help.

ok so i guess the other day i musta hit a pothole, and it looks ( to me ) like someone dropped a ****** nuclear bomb on the lip of my rim. i'll post pics as soon as i can, but it took out a decent chunk. i'm real picky about things like that. stupid indiana country roads it's only on the back drivers side, i think it's b/c of the tire the dumbasses told me to put on that rim when i bought them, hell i iddint know, it's a ****** 275!!!! wtf.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:41 AM
TECH Resident

I sanded mine down and repainted it, You can't really see it unless your looking for it. In my case though construction worker tore up the street and some kids "stole" the markers and I didn't see the hole that was the length of the street becuase it was nice.. Yeah 30 mph and a sudden 5" drop about a 1' long.. I was pissed.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thats why i didn't buy 30 series tires. Our roads suck big time potholes and bumps everywhere.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:46 AM
On The Tree

I assume your wheel is a Z06 motorsport. You might want to try some compound and chrome polish on the lip to see what it does to the road rash. If it's a chunk missing, it probably wont do much. I bet you could get a replacement wheel from TomZwheels for pretty cheap. Then you could try to sell the blimished wheel and see how much you could get for it, there may be someone who would want it. Just a suggestion.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Travisimo
I assume your wheel is a Z06 motorsport. You might want to try some compound and chrome polish on the lip to see what it does to the road rash. If it's a chunk missing, it probably wont do much. I bet you could get a replacement wheel from TomZwheels for pretty cheap. Then you could try to sell the blimished wheel and see how much you could get for it, there may be someone who would want it. Just a suggestion.
yeah, there is a chunk. i'm uber pissed, i would do the replacement but i just ordered too much **** $$.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:18 PM
12 Second Club

Sue the town for a new wheel. A buddy of mine had that happen to him over by me. A pothole destroyed 2 of his rims so he confronted the town and threatened to sue. They agreed to buy him two new rims. It turned out even better because his rims were discontinued so he got four brand new ones.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RedlineBrian
Sue the town for a new wheel. A buddy of mine had that happen to him over by me. A pothole destroyed 2 of his rims so he confronted the town and threatened to sue. They agreed to buy him two new rims. It turned out even better because his rims were discontinued so he got four brand new ones.
my county is a piece of ****, i can't see that happening. they are too cheap to pave the roads, and i really have no way of proving that it happened on a specific road or what not . . . it just caught my eye the other day. though i think i know where it happened......
Old 04-08-2006, 11:25 PM

that sucks
dude i know what how you feel