Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

black chrome zr1 wheels on nbm formula?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 11:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default black chrome zr1 wheels on nbm formula?

i know there's been a few threads here lately on wheels for nbm cars. lol, i just happen to have one of these nbm cars, and i think some type of black chrome wheel would just look sick with this color. there seems to be very few wheels made in black chrome, but, i did see the zr1's on ebay (black chrome zr1's ). while they werent my first choice, the more i look at them and imagen them on the car, the more i think it will look great.

granted though, i've never seen black chrome in person, and im sure a photo takes something away from it. what do you guys think? would black chrome zr1's look good on a 99 nbm formula? or am i just out of my mind?
Old 04-11-2006, 12:02 AM
Restricted User

that would definitely look good, but more importantly it'll be different. i think if it were a different color car (silver) it would look better because it just pops more, gets more of a contrast...but ive seen regular chrome zr-1's 17x9 and 17x11 on a formula and i like the real chrome much better on a NBM car...i have a NBM trans am, and yea i get what ur saying it'll be nice and different but thats only if u REALLLLLY like the dark on dark color combo, either way it'll be a nice touch, just get them in 11's in the rear if u can
Old 04-11-2006, 12:13 AM
Launching!

ah, im not really trying to be different. from what i've read, black chrome isnt suppost to be that much darker then regular chrome(or from those that have seen it in real life, is this wrong?). it was because of that that i figured under most angles and light the color would still be lighter then the car, but kinda accent the whole thing and be badass. i also have plans for putting some metallic silver hood stripes on the car, so, i figured that would help keep it from being too dark. idk, im trying to picture the wheels on the car, but im having problems. thats why im trying to get some help, lol.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:56 AM
TECH Resident

definitely post some pictures once you get them mounted and on the formula
Old 04-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Launching!

anyone else have an opinion on how it'd look? im really trying to picture it in my head, and i think it will look sweat, but im really not sure. its hard to picture it w/o seeing it. or does anyone have a picture of black chrome wheels of any type on either a NBM firebird or camaro? anything at all?
Old 04-11-2006, 02:23 PM
12 Second Club

I'm going to have to say.......no. It'll make the car look dirty all the time. Go straight chrome or go home.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:00 PM
TECH Veteran

I currently have Black ZR1's on my NBM WS6 and I have been looking at those same Black Chrome rims as a replacement...........I would LOVE to see them on a NBM car if anyone can photochop em or has pics of any NBM F-Body wearing those.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:35 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I actually think it would look good.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

I think it would look pretty good. I haven't actually seen any cars with any black chrome wheels on them and I've always wondered exactly how they would look.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Bad Blu Formula
I'm going to have to say.......no. It'll make the car look dirty all the time. Go straight chrome or go home.
I have to agree on this one. I actually was at AFS a couple of weeks ago to pick up some ZR-1's. I had them roll a set out by my car quick so I could look at them. Granted, my car is black. But when I stepped back and took a look at them they kind of gave me the feeling I was looking at chrome rims covered in a lot of brake dust. It might have been the black car also. But I have seen these in person. They look good, I just wasn't feeling them for my car. I think they would look good on a lighter colored car though.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by vilkata
I have to agree on this one. I actually was at AFS a couple of weeks ago to pick up some ZR-1's. I had them roll a set out by my car quick so I could look at them. Granted, my car is black. But when I stepped back and took a look at them they kind of gave me the feeling I was looking at chrome rims covered in a lot of brake dust. It might have been the black car also. But I have seen these in person. They look good, I just wasn't feeling them for my car. I think they would look good on a lighter colored car though.
I wish I had seen some in person.

They didn't have the "black chrome" option the couple times I have been to AFS.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Rottluver
I wish I had seen some in person.

They didn't have the "black chrome" option the couple times I have been to AFS.

Aren't you coming down here again soon?
Old 04-24-2006, 11:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by vilkata
Aren't you coming down here again soon?
Hhhm, good point.....although I hadn't planned on being in the Valley.......