Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Cragar Centercaps??

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 10:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cragar Centercaps??

So I Just Ordered A Set Of The Cragar Replica Bullet Rims From Discount Tire And I Was Wondering Where I Could Get The Cragar Center Caps???
Old 04-30-2006, 06:48 PM
Launching!

Nobody....anybody????
Old 05-01-2006, 07:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How about from Discount Tire?

The ones I sell come with the centercap with the wheel.

Don't theirs?

Did you ask them?
Old 05-03-2006, 05:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Maybe he's talking about this cap..I think the discount tire caps are shaped like a bullet?
Old 05-03-2006, 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Cragar Centercaps?

The photograph below is how the wheels are shipped to me when I order them.

And this is how they look on the car after being mounted.

Old 05-04-2006, 04:25 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=02_Phase2_ZL1]The photograph below is how the wheels are shipped to me when I order them.

J.D., I was wondering if the ones with the smooth lips have been discontinued or are they still available as I don't like the Mustang Bullet wheel with the stepped lips. Any info on this? Also, do you know who is actually making the Crager wheels now? Weld?

Here are the smooth lip Cragers on my father's car......... I think they are the same as on your ZL-1.

Old 05-07-2006, 11:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=SS LS1 MI]
Originally Posted by 02_Phase2_ZL1
The photograph below is how the wheels are shipped to me when I order them.

J.D., I was wondering if the ones with the smooth lips have been discontinued or are they still available as I don't like the Mustang Bullet wheel with the stepped lips. Any info on this? Also, do you know who is actually making the Crager wheels now? Weld?

Here are the smooth lip Cragers on my father's car......... I think they are the same as on your ZL-1.

No, they no longer make the smooth lip version. It has been apparently discontinued. Only the "Bullet" wheel with the "Cragar S/S" center cap is available. I think that I got the very last "smooth lip" wheels in the country for a friend of mine a couple of years ago.

The "Bullet" wheel with the "Cragar S/S" center cap is the wheel that came on my '02 ZL1 new.

Only a very few of the ZL-1's got the smooth lip Cragar wheels. Actually, Matt Murphy (owner of GMMG) perfers the "Bullet" wheel with the "Cragar S/S" center cap rather than the smooth lip version. In fact, he and I put together an order for a bunch of these wheels about a year ago. Matt has sold all of his and I only have one set of 17X9's left that Matt traded me for a set of 18X9's that I had at the time.
Old 05-07-2006, 07:14 PM
Teching In

Well Damn! My wife is wanting some chrome wheels for her 2001 SS and she keeps saying she likes the look of the Crager wheels on my father's HotRod car but I told her I thought they were discontinued. Thanks for confirming that. And I know you are thinking just get her the "Bullet" wheels but she does not like the look of them with the stepped lips, neither do I. I guess I will have to look for a used set maybe?

Any info about these wheels? Who makes them? They must have different offsets, sizes, and bolt patterns available I would think. Thanks for any help.

EBAY Link

OrThese?
Old 05-07-2006, 07:52 PM
Launching!

the center cap that came with my bullet where actually the corvette logo...its ok but i dont think it flows with the chrome because the cap is black with the corvette flags.