12 Second Club In the 12s yet? Come inside!

Milan 6/6/07 Allngn_c5 first time out

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 07:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the comments Rob. It was clean except for the 1/2 shift. I was spinning so bad that I was bouncing off the rev limiter. On the street I usually ride out the clutch a bit get some spin and then she hooks. On the track it spun too much going through first. The rpms come up a lot quicker then the tach displays. I think that is why I was short shifting a bit too. I am hoping with the new tires I won't be spinning and can actually make use of first gear. Should be able to guage the rpms better too if its accelerating under traction, vs wheel spin. What do you think ??
Old 06-21-2007, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know they say every .1 in the 60' is .2 in the 1/4 mile. 1.7 could mean 11.7's easy. and even a 1.7 isnt really that great Good luck next time doug, the car has a lot more in it and with some practice I know you can break 11's even on those street tires !
Old 06-22-2007, 06:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by c0ncEpT
You know they say every .1 in the 60' is .2 in the 1/4 mile. 1.7 could mean 11.7's easy. and even a 1.7 isnt really that great Good luck next time doug, the car has a lot more in it and with some practice I know you can break 11's even on those street tires !

Thanks alot. I have M/T's et streets 305 35r 18 coming as soon as they become available. Those tires should solve my issues with getting traction off the line. I was told I would have the tires by the end of July, so August at Milan should be doable for practice, and hopefully get my best times in the cooler temps of September or October. Thanks again.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Its been over 3 weeks since I ordered my M/T 305 35r18's so I can go back to the track and they have yet to become available. Back order, delayed shipping, I don't know. I am itching to get back to the track and join the 11 second club. No offense to the 12 second club but my car is an 11 sec car all day long. Just need a driver mod LOL and traction. Can't change the driver, but I can get tires. Tires coming soon I hope.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

The M/T's that are on order are ET Street Radials. Just looked at the website, still on backorder.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Thanks for the comments Rob. It was clean except for the 1/2 shift. I was spinning so bad that I was bouncing off the rev limiter. On the street I usually ride out the clutch a bit get some spin and then she hooks. On the track it spun too much going through first. The rpms come up a lot quicker then the tach displays. I think that is why I was short shifting a bit too. I am hoping with the new tires I won't be spinning and can actually make use of first gear. Should be able to guage the rpms better too if its accelerating under traction, vs wheel spin. What do you think ??
Doug,
If you don't have a shift light, I suggest getting one before you go back to the track. the stock tach lags and before you know it, you are bouncing off of the rev-limiter.
Buying a shift light was one of the best mods I have done to date. I have a Raptor and it is great.

Quick Reply: Milan 6/6/07 Allngn_c5 first time out