Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Billingsley ABS delete block=ABS INOP/Brake/Service Vehicle, how do you turn them off

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 02:39 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Billingsley ABS delete block=ABS INOP/Brake/Service Vehicle, how do you turn them off

I pulled all the fuses that had ABS in it, but the lights stayed on. How do I get them to go off? Is it something you have to do with LS1 Edit? Just wondering because Im tired of looking at those lights. Thanks.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just put a piece of tape over any lights on your guage cluster.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:29 PM
9 Second Club

i read that if you kept the electronics hooked up that it would keep the lights off. Don't know exactly how you do that but that's what i read here a few months back
Old 08-03-2004, 07:01 PM
Pathological Modifier

You can turn the lights off by cutting the wires.

Ryan K.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FEAR THE LS1
Just put a piece of tape over any lights on your guage cluster.
Black electrical tape works wonders. Gets rid of those pesky lights lickety split.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:45 PM
TECH Junkie

I went a step farther than electrical tape, and actually removed the offending LED's from the instrument panel...

Only the BRAKE and ABS INOP lights should come on, though... You shouldn't be seeing a SES light like your topic says... I don't know why that would come on.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Camaroholic
Black electrical tape works wonders. Gets rid of those pesky lights lickety split.
that is what I did hehe
Old 08-04-2004, 12:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GeorgeC
I went a step farther than electrical tape, and actually removed the offending LED's from the instrument panel...

Only the BRAKE and ABS INOP lights should come on, though... You shouldn't be seeing a SES light like your topic says... I don't know why that would come on.
my sevice VEHICLE soon (not SES) light comes on when the ABS module is unplugged too

Black electrical tape here (behind the gauge cluster)
Old 08-04-2004, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I found a receipt from Taco Bell can cover the ABS INOP, Service Vehicle, and Brake lights.
Old 08-04-2004, 05:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Hmmm... I wonder if the 98 cars just don't have a Service Vehicle light? I've never even heard of it...
Old 08-04-2004, 06:02 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Since I have my IP cluster out here is the easiest way I found to do it.

First you need to take the cluster out, if you need directions to do that then maybe you should stop reading

Pic 2 shows how you pop off the lens/bezel - no screws, takes 5 seconds. the trip pushbutton/spring will fall out so dont lose it and dont forget to put it back in.

Pic 3 is the IP without the bezel, start at the top between the speedo and tach and seperate the thick clear plastic a little from the white plastic with your finger. Do not pull on the thin black plastic, the clear plastic underneath is what you are seperating from the white stuff.

Pic 4, after you get the top a little seperated just pry up on the clear plastic on the bottom side by the bottom gauges. The whole gauge/face assembly will just fall out once you pull it out a 1/2" or so.

Pic 5, this is where the odemeter module plugs in, the plug just pulls out sideways - small fragile wires there so be careful.

Pic 6, you can see the LEDs now, I just stick little bits of foam down the little 'tunnel' and thats that - easily reversable. Just make sure you are blocking off the right ones.

Thats it, plug the ODO module in, lay the guages/face on and push a little near the center of each gauge a little to make sure its seated - dont push too hard. Do not get fingerprints on the black plastic gauge face or scrape it - it will really stick out. I push with one of those soft paper towels. Then put the reset button and lens/bezel back on making sure none of the needles are stuck under the bezel, slap it back in the car and enjoy the darkness