Advanced Engineering Tech For the more hardcore LS1TECH residents

Forced Induction and lifting heads.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 06:03 PM
I'm Mike Hutto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulC
I've been checking out the forced induction forums for a while and noticed that 4-bolt setups start running into head-lifting/water-pushing around the 900 to 1000rwhp mark (sometimes earlier). What im wondering is if there's ways to prevent this with current technolgies..such as an 'ideal setup'? (L19 head studs with a high quality head gasket)

Ive seen cool methods like this one
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...lbs-today.html

Its a 6.0 with 'pyramid rings' that cut into the heads to save the head gaskets. I like the fact its a stock crank and heads motor.

Of course there's always o-ringing the block, im not convinced yet that its a end all solution. A little more info on that process would be nice.

Many on this forum can't afford the LSX block, let alone cylinder heads...so im wondering what other ways are there to keep heads down (torquing down the heads an extra 2-3 ftlbs)?

Timing, timing, timing! Watch your timing around peak torque since thats where its almost always happening because that is when cylinder pressure is at its greatest. The rest is a good machinist with good machines.

We are using stock size head studs, a good MLS gasket from Fel-Pro and are making over 1000 hp on a nitrous setup and with a D1 blown 352 ls1. Non-filled blocks as well. The nitrous motor is even aluminum block that came in the car...374 ci.

Last edited by Rapin'Ya; 03-10-2009 at 06:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Forced Induction and lifting heads.