Advanced Engineering Tech For the more hardcore LS1TECH residents

self power generating electrical car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 04:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Simply put, energy cannot be created from nothing.. How are you all having trouble understanding this..They are called the LAWS of Thermodynamics for a reason lol. Sure magnetic induction creates current.. what creates the magnetic field? The energy has to come from somewhere.. Just think about it..
Old 03-19-2011, 07:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just to think i having been paying for gas all these years! damn! lol.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:38 AM
TECH Veteran

how is this thread still open?
Old 03-24-2011, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Well this thread made my night.

Oh and the universe is not a perpetual motion machine, theres this thing called entropy, its what makes all perpetual motion machines not work.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nuclear powered cars is about the closest we could get.
Maybe we should ask Japan what they think?
Old 03-28-2011, 12:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

There are other ways to obtain energy. I tried developing this the past year while in college. There is a lot of technology out there such as the energy obtained from hitting the brakes, solar panels, etc. My idea, which I ran into a flaw is to use a magnet that spins within another magnet (or something to contain an electric field). I was able to create an electric field, but I couldn't find a way to obtain the energy. Downfall to this is weight, and it only produces so much power, not enough to transfer into kinetic energy. But, if you have multiple magnets spinning it might create a good deal of power when combined with solar panels, and the use of kinetic friction. I have given up on the experimenting, but I feel someone with more knowledge and materials could find a break through in this. The new Chevy Volt is pretty revolutionary since it uses a generator to reproduce electrical energy much like the idea of the electrical engine recharging the primary motor. hopefully someone can come with a good idea and make billions off of these concepts lol

Edit: ahahahhaahahah at Corbin's comment ^^
Old 03-28-2011, 06:31 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RoidedSS
There are other ways to obtain energy. I tried developing this the past year while in college. There is a lot of technology out there such as the energy obtained from hitting the brakes, solar panels, etc. My idea, which I ran into a flaw is to use a magnet that spins within another magnet (or something to contain an electric field). I was able to create an electric field, but I couldn't find a way to obtain the energy. Downfall to this is weight, and it only produces so much power, not enough to transfer into kinetic energy. But, if you have multiple magnets spinning it might create a good deal of power when combined with solar panels, and the use of kinetic friction. I have given up on the experimenting, but I feel someone with more knowledge and materials could find a break through in this. The new Chevy Volt is pretty revolutionary since it uses a generator to reproduce electrical energy much like the idea of the electrical engine recharging the primary motor. hopefully someone can come with a good idea and make billions off of these concepts lol

Edit: ahahahhaahahah at Corbin's comment ^^

Correct me if im wrong.... but... the magnet spinning with magnet thing, Isnt that exactly how generators and alternators work to begin with? Or did i misunderstand you.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Essentially yes. I was trying to take that idea and make it self propelled.....failed lol
Old 03-30-2011, 01:13 AM
ZMX
Staging Lane

The Chevy Volt is not revolutionary.

It's an electric car with a generator attached to it. The only way to save much money with it is to plug it in at your house so you never use the generator.

All hybrids are just regular cars with electric motors that capture energy from braking to use later.

When you charge a battery or use an electric motor, it produces/stores less energy than you used on it.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:26 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ZMX
The Chevy Volt is not revolutionary.

It's an electric car with a generator attached to it. The only way to save much money with it is to plug it in at your house so you never use the generator.

All hybrids are just regular cars with electric motors that capture energy from braking to use later.

When you charge a battery or use an electric motor, it produces/stores less energy than you used on it.
If you asked me, it was a 40,000$ piece of ****, with less power then a ford festiva, Takes 10 hours to fill up the electric tank, And, my truck can go further on one tank of gas, then its battery and gastank combined.

edit.

the hud is cool as hell though.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:59 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Leafy
Well this thread made my night.

Oh and the universe is not a perpetual motion machine, theres this thing called entropy, its what makes all perpetual motion machines not work.
But, as far as the universe is concerned, energy can neither be created nor destroyed only transferred. So the Universe (supposedly) goes through a never ending cycle of expansion and contraction, forever, w/o losing or wasting a single bit of energy.

btw, this is the most useless thread on ls1tech
Old 03-31-2011, 09:47 AM
Teching In

^^^^ We have a winner. How in the hell is this even still being talked about?

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE! The Laws of Thermodynamics and the Law of Conservation of Energy all contradict it.

One of the closest things to a perpetual motion machine is the Atmos Clocks.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:08 AM
Staging Lane

I can not believe this thing has gone this far. Anyone want to buy a bridge, I have one for sale.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:47 AM
12 Second Club

I think as long as humans walk the earth somebody will be talking about and trying to develope some sort of perpetual motion machine. I had an uncle who tried for years, and of course, never succeeded. Even a permanent magnet motor will eventually break down.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:11 AM
Teching In

^^ Very true but it still needs to be recognized that the OP has obviously not done his homework and read up on perpetual motion machines...

Even Einstein couldn't invent such an object!
Old 04-01-2011, 11:15 AM
11 Second Club

I like how people use solar panels as and idea for perpetual motion. That isn't a machine creating it's own energy.. it's harvesting it from the sun.. You know what else did that? The dinosaurs before they died and turned into fossil fuels.. and now we burn them.. for energy.... . . . . PERPETUAL MOTION YO! >.>
Old 04-15-2011, 03:06 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

best. thread. ever. I'm developing a dark energy harnesser to propel my car. Steve Hawking and I go way back, yo.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by PSnewbie
This is the most useless thread on ls1tech
And that's saying a lot.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Wicked94Z
best. thread. ever. I'm developing a dark energy harnesser to propel my car. Steve Hawking and I go way back, yo.
I was going to fire up my particle accelerator and harness anti-matter to use in mine...
Old 04-26-2011, 05:38 PM
Teching In

I'll use a flux capasitor

Quick Reply: self power generating electrical car?