Advanced Engineering Tech For the more hardcore LS1TECH residents

Cam + Turbo Questions about LSA, ICL and DCR

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 09:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by B T
What is the exhaust trim on your turbine?
What "letter" are you using???
It's a GTS trim, Tang housing. From what I understand, it's the exhaust wheel from the GT42, but the GT42 housing won't fit. Not to mention, the GT42 housing doesn't have the 3" v-band outlet.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:50 AM
B T
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by engineermike
It's a GTS trim, Tang housing. From what I understand, it's the exhaust wheel from the GT42, but the GT42 housing won't fit. Not to mention, the GT42 housing doesn't have the 3" v-band outlet.
>>>

Hum...

I called and it seems that "GTS" doesn't exactly tell what the trim designation is...I told him about the GT42 wheel...

The information I need to know is the inducer and exducer diameter of the turbine wheel itself.

For example:

Mine is a " P " trim which comes out to an exducer size of 2.542 and the inducer size is 2.920

" Q " trim which is a little larger wheel = exducer size 2.693 and the inducer size 3.111

I need to know either the size of the turbine wheel or the "letter of trim" to locate the correct housing for "your" T-76.

Maybe you could contact the person that built yours and ask them for the information if they will give it to you, otherwise you will have to measure the turbine wheel itself to determine the correct "trim" size.

The guy I spoke with told me if he has the correct information he can get you the 1.15 or machine a housing to the correct size that you need with the 3" V-band clamp outlet.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by B T
I called and it seems that "GTS" doesn't exactly tell what the trim designation is...I told him about the GT42 wheel...

The information I need to know is the inducer and exducer diameter of the turbine wheel itself.

...I need to know either the size of the turbine wheel or the "letter of trim" to locate the correct housing for "your" T-76.

Maybe you could contact the person that built yours and ask them for the information if they will give it to you, otherwise you will have to measure the turbine wheel itself to determine the correct "trim" size.
The "GTS" means that it's an S trim wheel from the GT series of turbochargers. The inducer and exducer are 3.228" and 2.960".
Old 09-25-2007, 08:32 PM
B T
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by engineermike
The "GTS" means that it's an S trim wheel from the GT series of turbochargers. The inducer and exducer are 3.228" and 2.960".
>>>

PM sent...

Quick Reply: Cam + Turbo Questions about LSA, ICL and DCR