Advanced Engineering Tech For the more hardcore LS1TECH residents

Demon Inline Induction

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 09:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Demon Inline Induction

Some you guys may have seen this before but what are the benefits and draw backs of an inline induction (carb) setup?

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tec.../photo_15.html

It also looks like they have a prototype individual throttle body setup. Anyone have any info on it?
http://www.barrygrant.com/pages/sema06.aspx
Old 01-28-2007, 10:48 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Interesting stuff here. The cross ram IR setup looks promising althought I'm not a fan of putting booster nozzels in the midst of the airstream. Hence the advantage of fuel injection. The 4 large carb bores are another interesitng twist.
I see Edlebrock has a new dual quad LS1 carb intake. I don't recall the part number off hand, but it's in their new '07 catalogue.
Thanks for the topic and the links.

Richard
Old 01-28-2007, 11:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Ford used a inline 4 barrel on Boss 302 Mustangs competing in the 1970 TransAm after their crossram 2-4 barrel setups were banned.Had the advantage of using crossram individual runner tuning,while keeping inline with the new rules.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

I saw that article, and I thought "what a wonderful innovation that would have been 40+ years ago". Seriously, that does look like a leap forward in carb manifolds (over what we have used here in the states), but the europeans had inline multi carb weber manifolds for years. I just don't see the current market for this product. However, my HAT'S OFF to anyone who is still trying to benefit the speed community.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:26 PM
TECH Resident

I am interested to see what the pricing ends up being on that ITB setup. One would think it should be cheaper in theory because of the cast design.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gametech
I saw that article, and I thought "what a wonderful innovation that would have been 40+ years ago". Seriously, that does look like a leap forward in carb manifolds (over what we have used here in the states), but the europeans had inline multi carb weber manifolds for years. I just don't see the current market for this product. However, my HAT'S OFF to anyone who is still trying to benefit the speed community.
So how is an inline weber carb setup any better? Im not too familiar with weber carbs but I have seen them on inline 4 cylinder MGA's.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

I'm not saying multi webers are any better, just that the concept of aligning carb bores with cylinder runners is far from new.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It looks lioke the carb barrels open into a plenum with the individual cylinder runners laid down across the manifold to get longer, even runner length.

Shades of the Smokey-Ram manifold (Edelbrok SY1)!

http://victorylibrary.com/graphics/SY1.JPG

SY1 manifolds appear regularly on ebay. Price is going up. I wonder if people are actually using them, or just collecting.

Quick Reply: Demon Inline Induction